Kind of ironic

So the recent Survey wondered about how players spent AC and if they purchase AC/how frequent they do so (Important as it is technically a new service and quarterly assessments will be coming up soon). I can only assume that people do not spend as much money playing PSO2:NGS then they did base PSO2 and there of course are many reasons as to why people spend money on a game.

One thing is that this new scratch has nothing dedicated to the male character players yet the underlying question on the survey seemed to be why you were not spending as much (based on your selection ofc). So as a person who plays the character that aligns with their gender I kind of found it ironic that again this scratch has nothing that would interest me. I am quite sure female costumes sell way more than male costumes but even basic economics lays out not to cut off all possible kinds of revenue generation as long as the cost offset is not meeting a specific threshold (doubt costume creation would generate a massive deficit to even ignore making male versions).

TL;DR I am salty af as I have been wanting a trainee costume since base PSO2 NA and still have not obtained one yet but then we get one with upgraded model assets i.e. trainee attire and it is geared only to female characters. Now of course I want more options not less so I do not want the next scratch to be entirely male dominated too.

the old costumes of pso2 look better than the new stuff so far.

@Ki-Rin said in Kind of ironic:

No that's a big lie, both the 3D shape and texture of old costumes look horrible in NGS.

@Maxwell

I am quite sure female costumes sell way more than male costumes but even basic economics lays out not to cut off all possible kinds of revenue generation as long as the cost offset is not meeting a specific threshold (doubt costume creation would generate a massive deficit to even ignore making male versions).

There are a couple reasons I could see why they would do it regardless.

• Costumes take time to make, and they release new scratches at a pretty fast pace. It makes more sense to dedicate the limited amount of time to making things that are going to apply to a much higher % of the playerbase.
  • Costumes aren't available for direct, individual purchase. If they sold them in packs or gachas (like they mostly have for 9 years), the presence of cosmetics that most people probably wont use devalues the gacha/pack as a whole.

I'm sure there's other reasons I could think of too if I spent more time.

Not that I'm disagreeing with you, though. There's definitely a pretty significant lack of male cosmetics. SEGA put that as a question on the survey to see if it'd be worth it to start making more male cosmetics, of course, but I wouldn't expect any potential impact that survey might have on scratches going forward until a little after it closes at least. One thing I like about the gacha-market model PSO2 has for cosmetics (I know a lot of people will probably want to argue about this, but I'm not in the mood and this isn't the time or place, so please don't bother) is that it allows more niche cosmetics (which to some extent I guess all "male" cosmetics would fit under) to come out in much higher quantities, but I guess that doesn't really seem to apply when they are apparently struggling to make money in the first place. For everyone's sake, I'm hoping that survey helps them understand how they could make some more appealing things to purchase, 'cause it seems to affect the content they put out a lot.

@El-Zenchi said in Kind of ironic:

No that's a big lie, both the 3D shape and texture of old costumes look horrible in NGS.

Well if you say so. I won't change from them.

Me neither.. The new costumes may be more complex, but the aesthetic is not my cup of tea. They're definitely lacking in aesthetic variety.

No goth, no "normal clothes", no trad waifu... It's all ngs space waifu. If you like that, fine. I don't.

They could have at least given us some regular swimsuits. The diving suits in the summer scratch just don't have a summery feel to them.

@El-Zenchi said in Kind of ironic:

I think you need to adjust your settings my pso2 outfits look fine in ngs.

99A7FD36-F910-41CF-85AF-35DFB883B690.jpeg

C98FE8E2-2D5E-448C-A7F0-0B2B9D33689E.jpeg

B646A68B-5FC7-458C-82A5-DA77FC90E623.jpeg

Its always nice to see a Matoi character 😃 pso20210721_235904_001.jpg pso20210722_003550_014.jpg

The female outfits look bad for the most part anyway, it’s like they fired the designers for the good clothes in PSO2 or something. I hate 99% of the clothes.

Its always nice to see a Matoi character 😃 pso20210721_235904_001.jpg pso20210722_003550_014.jpg

Thanks, your char looks very cool 😎

@Milk said in Kind of ironic:

The female outfits look bad for the most part anyway, it’s like they fired the designers for the good clothes in PSO2 or something. I hate 99% of the clothes.

Yeah I haven’t liked the look of basically every female ngs outfit so far.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in Kind of ironic:

I managed to make the wedding dress work because I needed a gothy dress for the NGS body but it's honestly inferior to my PSO2 outfits. We had a cute swimsuit idea but they ruined it with flipper looking feet, like I get everyone's tastes are different but they should have come up with some good classic designs first that can be worn anytime/anywhere. I miss gothic stuff for my main and warrior knight stuff for my favorite alt. 😞 Boo.

I managed to make the wedding dress work because I needed a gothy dress for the NGS body but it's honestly inferior to my PSO2 outfits. We had a cute swimsuit idea but they ruined it with flipper looking feet, like I get everyone's tastes are different but they should have come up with some good classic designs first that can be worn anytime/anywhere. I miss gothic stuff for my main and warrior knight stuff for my favorite alt. 😞 Boo.

I don’t think it’s just us, seems like a lot of people aren’t impressed with the fashion so far, so I don’t know who their target audience has been so far, cause it doesn’t seem like the current player base.

The flipper feet on the swimsuit is because it is a diving suit, but they could have given us the ability to remove those since it only uses one ornament display toggle.