Suggestion to stop bots

first off I know this will be unfair to players that have just started but I cannot think of a workaround

Make it so it is prohibited to use the chat and symbol art in any form of capacity until XX amount of check box(es) has been reached depending on what ones have been reached

They should add requirements you have to reach first before you are allowed to use the chat & art like these ill add more if people suggest more and credit them

I do not mean all of them XX amount depending on which ones you have already reached it ill unlock

Example since time and living in the base game and story in the base game are the easiest doing one of them will not remove the restriction but doing XX will ( added this part because I saw some people were confused and future people won't get confused )

My suggestions are the brackets what do you think

• XX Time played ( this is the easiest 500 hrs + )
  • XX level base reached (75 + main and sub )
  • XX level NGS reached ( 20 main and sub )
  • XX BP ( Right now 1184 increases with updates )
  • XX AC/SG purchase ( 5150 AC )
  • XX story completed base game ( Ep 1 )
  • XX story completed NGS ( Nex Vera )( increases with updates to a set point )
  • 2FA by @Hythreon

Ban china idk

XX Time played XX level reached I agree with these two for sure. Most new players that aren't level 10 have no reason to be post messages in game anyway sense there still in the tutorial phase of the game. purchase or story though gets tricky because some people don't even want to play the story so it shouldn't be forced to chat, and purchase well at that point the game should just be B2P.

I feel the AC and SG "wall" feels it could work to an extent, but I agree it would be a hard decision. The GMs really need to be fast in banning the players who buy this meseta with no delays. After all, a deal has both sides.

I say ditch the pay walls since will be more of a hassle for F2Ps, but for the story mode parts, you just need to comeplete it to a certain point, NGS already does this with a number of functions.

But we desperately need a way to get rid of the bots, sometimes you get two or three of them spamming the same scam site in an area, and its getting worse since not only are there block hopper bots, now more of them are being hidden all over the main city.

If a character is blocked by a certain number of people, that's a strong sign that this character has a 'problem'. It could be jailed right away until the GMs check if it is a real player or a bot. It's just another idea.

@Armada-San said in Suggestion to stop bots:

If a character is blocked by a certain number of people, that's a strong sign that this character has a 'problem'. It could be jailed right away until the GMs check if it is a real player or a bot. It's just another idea.

That's super easy to abuse and would lead to a lot of griefing.

@IAMCRAIG sadly, it would

I can see some people are confused about the purchasing thing I don't mean you have to achieve everything on the list it's more along the lines of complete (A+B) to unlock do (C) with X price to unlock complete X amount of (D and or E) to unlock

@Armada-San This is something I would disagree with as I was supposedly mass-reported in some runs in the past (I was in a Buster Quest with an alliance that leeched and AFK'd the entire time and when I decided to leave instead of soloing the quest everyone in that session sent me whispers mentioning I was reported for abandonment and ruining their run).

@VanillaLucia agreed people can be Petty and report people for no reason they should change it that you need actual valid proof of evidence just like you do in real life

• Because I have been reported because of

• not knowing the Elder fight upon first release

• in Red Dead Redemption getting more kills then everyone else in a match put together

• being a high level in Grand Theft Auto

• knowing the best place to get stuff done in Grand Theft Auto

• being too good at destiny 1 and 2

This is why they need to change it to actual valid proof

Wow, @Drakaina is the definition of "I got good, scrub." I hope that the Elder Fight thing was ignored by the staff.... 😨

Literally anyone on Global undabbled in JP or SEA wouldn't have known Elder. Some still aren't 100% with fights, and that's fine.

Kinda makes me wonder if that user who reported you was reported in return for unfriendly atmosphere.

I've met one on a PUG who didn't like the group's gear. Don't recall the UN, and I don't think I saw them since.

You can inspect anyone's gear, so I don't know why they'd run with us if they knew our gear wasn't metagaming.

@El-Zenchi said in Suggestion to stop bots:

Ban china idk

The problem with that would be that SEGA would have to get Tencent or TianCity to do a China exclusive version just so that can happen.

@IAMCRAIG said in Suggestion to stop bots:

@Armada-San said in Suggestion to stop bots:

Agreed. I've raised issues about block abuse on other games that get ignored.

It's mostly due to no one thinking that it can be done to execute things like that or even club-snubing a player into social experience oblivion just because there aren't features produced yet. (IE- the Hide Cut-Ins option or Operator Sized Cut-In code.)

In this case, an option to Hide Area Chat Bubbles and Hide Area Log is an acceptable request.

(Or in fancier terms with include both, "Streamer Mode.")

@MasterDarkwingz Most of these are assumptions because people said that they were or did not actually sure they actually did though

Then you punish the griefers instead. The real danger would be bots mass-reporting legitimate players with their dozens of throwaway accounts they don't care about getting punished in that way.

But yeah jailing reported accounts isn't a first step, I don't believe. It'd make more sense to implement a direct report + block in the chat window directly so anyone who receives such messages (or if reinstated SAs) can immediately just click it and an RMT option in a submenu to simultaneously report and block the person that sent it. Convenience would be a great tool.

@Miraglyth said in Suggestion to stop bots:

Then you punish the griefers instead. The real danger would be bots mass-reporting legitimate players with their dozens of throwaway accounts they don't care about getting punished in that way.

You just detailed why it wouldn't work.