NGS Headline - July 27

@hee-ho You'll be defending 4 purple trucks!

@hee-ho said in NGS Headline - July 27:

If they make Defense Quests, UQs, wouldn't that make UQs the main focus again, haha. I hope it isn't defending 4 trucks in a row or something but knowing my luck it probably will be..

My bet is that Defense Quest is in Halphia Lake and will be again columns like in PSO2, rising up from those circular places that make waves in the water.

Just drop braver I got a new character I would like to create and its going to be a female with wet and long hair. Let me start my piggy bank.

It was some good info, just too many scratches.

3 AC scratches and 2 SG scratches in the same month as well as those swimsuit packs.

Is NGS just a crowdfunding campaign?

@AngryRhombus563 said in NGS Headline - July 27:

It was some good info, just too many scratches.

No such thing as "too many scratches"

For those curious, the Japanese version of the stream once again is longer than the Global version for the following details:

• Additional AC Campaigns (BitCash Campaign which isn't applicable to Global)
  • Release of "Phantasy Star Online 2 Fashion Catalog 2019-2021" (which includes accessories, emotes, and stamps)

In regards to what was shown, I was surprised to see the special bundle for the swimsuits shown off before the game's release was coming globally as well as it puzzled me why it was announced for Japan and then even on the Global stream it gave no indication of when we could expect an update.

I still feel it's silly to have a dub over English narration and dislike that the global version's dub comes off as an afterthought especially when you see the Intel collaboration's "please watch this video" and "information is on the next slide" as if the dialogue was literal filler for an "insert campaign here" sort of speech.

I personally miss the audience interaction being a part of the PSO2 Stations but I can definitely imagine that with the game's current state (which I would liken to an empty party house where everyone was sent invitations but there was no food, music, or space) would definitely be flooded with unproductive remarks and statements that only certain people who likely aren't going to be present in this videos will ever be able to answer or respond to meaningfully.

@VanillaLucia said in NGS Headline - July 27:

In regards to what was shown, I was surprised to see the special bundle for the swimsuits shown off before the game's release was coming globally as well as it puzzled me why it was announced for Japan and then even on the Global stream it gave no indication of when we could expect an update.

They want to give us the opportunity to throw money at them for that stuff too.

Release of "Phantasy Star Online 2 Fashion Catalog 2019-2021" (which includes accessories, emotes, and stamps)

I haven't looked at the JP Headline yet but does that mean more direct-buy cosmetics? Considering everyone's getting pretty sick of gachas it'd be kind of surprising for them to not let Global have something direct-buy.

@Miraglyth The Phantasy Star Online 2 Fashion Catalog is a physical item (this link for an example of an older catalog) that happens to have item codes for redeeming items.

I have never looked into much of it, but I would imagine it's like an art book where you can see various uses, screenshots, and art of the cosmetics showcased in that period of time.

I really wish we could have gotten some of this merchandise in Global because I can imagine having something like this for art references or just for viewing purposes.

I really wish we could have gotten some of this merchandise in Global because I can imagine having something like this for art references or just for viewing purposes.

That's what I was getting at yeah. It sounded like a magazine along the lines of the ones they've done for PSO2 JP in the past. And I know there's shipping issues with this stuff in Global but they literally have multiple Sega Shop sites that could take care of that.

It almost feels like Sega are allergic to doing anything resembling PSO2 Global merch, while they're perfectly happy to sell Golden Axe iPhone 8 cases.

@Miraglyth I personally feel it's a huge missed opportunity to not have large plush dolls of the Summoner pets and the game's numerous mascots (Rappies, Nyau, Arkuma and Arkumami, and even Mini Ko'Rela for example) available for Global alongside some of the Mags (I can definitely imagine Cherish, Chark, and Draco Mags for example).

Considering all the merchandising available for the Japanese side which is definitely a money-sink, I think it is a better gesture overall than simply "more" AC Scratches and more digital-only purchases that will be fought over in the player shops.

With how many scratchs we're getting if they even bother give it up and made them anniversary reward instead it would have been a lot more interesting.

But money from whale is a lot more worth it than player population in their mind I guess.

Heck, it would have been fine if they just recycle the old stuff and use it as reward like that JP anniversary we never get but that's too much work so they decided to make both version give equally shitty reward instead. Good job Sega.

Are they going to shut down Global or something? The number of scratches released in the past month alone really feels like they're trying to milk it for all its worth.

@Cerisa As long as milking it works, not likely