Questionaire: Why aren’t you buying anything?

@Aquila-ibis

I really fail to see your logic here. So Gigantix and other models were done prior to release of the game, yet that somehow means they don't have time to make new models. There wasn't some big patch looming for an already up and running NGS forcing them to make due with what they had or risk pushing it back - as if people care if a patch needs extra time to polish. Seriously you using this "zero time" excuse on their behalf is lazy, they are the ones who set the deadlines here.

A game that has functioning base mechanics and no major game breaking bugs is what one would typically consider ready for open beta. Put out to help gather player feedback and assist with the testing process. You are the one accepting mediocrity here saying that bare bones system (not even a game) is somehow acceptable to put onto the market and expect people to start paying your hundreds or thousands of dollars through vanity, rng scratch tickets.

A jam packed roadmap that gets delayed a lot is not at all what I was referring to or expecting from Sega. I was saying that what we have is sparse and a indy dev studio could push out more than this on a lower budget. Again you are failing to see how little they are actually offering on such a long timeline compared to literally any other actively developed game on the market today that isn't also just a cash grab. Games that NGS must compete with to actually gain players, or at the very least stop losing them. Sega isn't a little studio, they have no excuse for this slow drip cadence other than to simply try to stretch the "game" out as long as they possible can so they can milk those who are willing to give them cash for Dress-up Barbie Phantasy Star Edition. We did all come here expecting an action adventure mmo right? Not to play scratchers all day with RL cash in hope to make our character pretty... right?

There is nothing inherently wrong with the questionnaire itself. It's simple Sega being completely tone-deaf to the current sentiment being expressed by their player base atm. This is a survey, that for PR purposes, should have followed a survey asking people if they were satisfied/dissatisfied with the game, what aspects, what they would like to see improved upon, the focus of future products, etc. But they didn't, they did the worst possible thing. They asked people who are largely unhappy with the current state of the game why they wont pay more money. And idgaf about players who were here for day 1 launch to now, as you point out most games see a dip, it's rare to see that uptick, esp for a niche mmo like this one. However, if you think that we aren't still losing players even now as I type this then you are blind to reality. This is not the time to be asking unhappy people to spend more, but how can we make things right? How can we move forward together to make this a better game given it's release in such an unfinished state.

1. I'm a male character... they just released 2 male clothing and like 15 female in recent scratch so... okay? bye.

2. I don't like gambling for things. I've bought plenty of things in PoE, FF14, Warframe (Tennogem) even GW2 occasionally (despite how boring their fashion is for guys there's a few gems, but I can earn those in-game without RL money) etc etc and those things I've bought directly. I pick out things I like, buy them, and done. I don't like circle jerked around an RNG system or having to buy things I don't want to get what I do, that includes battle passes, loot boxes (which are scratch tickets) and whatever other annoying indirect system people think up.

3. I don't like 'renting' things. I like buying permanent unlocks. I play too many games to want to manage a billion different rented things, and currently only FFXIV deserves a monthly for the power house of content and stress free entertainment there is. PSO2NGS has literally no content, it's just a map with mobs piled in specific spots and waste of time dailies.

4. Lack of respect. The way this game is monetized gives me little respect for it. Banning unsubbed people from marketplace is especially awful and there's not even an option to unlock it by using one time payment like some games have done to shoo bots. I'm more likely to support someone/something I respect and not someone who feels like they're annoyingly bullying me into it. You don't even have respect for my character being male and don't provide equal opportunity 😮 why would I spend money?

5. Disappointment. NGS is lol... and it'll take decades to convert all the cosmetics to NGS, and many of the things added will be unuseable for me anyways so it's even more reason not to buy things. I can't even use NGS eyes on my PSO2 face. What a disappointment.

Now that I think about it, it's even more ironic that they ask us why we aren't buying anything, and then suggest answers for us to choose from. They're self aware of the problems but haven't done anything about it so far. Let's take this "AC Shop Sale" for example. Clearly they have a different definition of a sale by bloating the packs with junk to make their customers spend more, instead of actually lowering the price for their products for a limited amount of time to incite players to spend some money as opposed to selling boosters for 28$? What sane person purchases the Popular Item Pack?

I wish i had lied about spending money so i coulda got the real survey

@RaisiN said in Questionaire: Why aren’t you buying anything?:

Now that I think about it, it's even more ironic that they ask us why we aren't buying anything, and then suggest answers for us to choose from. They're self aware of the problems but haven't done anything about it so far. Let's take this "AC Shop Sale" for example. Clearly they have a different definition of a sale by bloating the packs with junk to make their customers spend more, instead of actually lowering the price for their products for a limited amount of time to incite players to spend some money as opposed to selling boosters for 28$? What sane person purchases the Popular Item Pack?

It's funny you say that cuz I just posted this to a friend in discord (who also plays male characters) before it. f491c7ea-d70f-403a-90a7-7af6609cf8ea-image.png

@RaisiN They want to know how many non-spenders see the obvious problems as problems. They dont care how the spenders feel, tho. just because i spend doesnt mean everything abount what there is to spend in is hunky dory. its just borderline so so.

my main reason is that i don't like gacha mechanics. but with ngs, i wouldn't spend cash anyways. i ike the base game, but it's lacking and not worth spending on currently. the absurd pricing just makes things worse, besides the fact that it's too expensive and f2p players are completely left out. there seems to be no balance currently, which is a factor for many i belive to not keep this game close by. F2P games having various MTX options is totally okay, but some standarts need to be met if you ask me, PSO2:NGS is missing all of them. Premium is not worth it, 7$ just to use the shop feature is a joke, the Scratches are aweful, no F2P incentives. it's like after 9 years, they have learned absolutely nothing about their market, and just want to bank on fashion addicted players. that's fine, i guess, but i don't think the current market is supporting this kind greed. as i've always said, if you ask for smaller prices and are able to keep a steady community, you'll have a lot more smaller spenders, instead of a few whales. Make it more attractive to F2P gamers to join the economy, aswell as having people spend cash and everything is going to be fine, ignore one of the other, and you'll tip the balance and slowly kill the interest to the game.

I think the gatcha wouldnt be so bad if AC cost less or the tickets cost less. They gotta know that by releasing a acratch every week, and especially the 4 scratches from last week, they are charging way too much.

They were wise enough to know that sg scratches were too expensive, they should be lowering the cost of ac tickets as well.

@Wolfdoggie I was perturbed by some non-spender selections after watching kerropi vid. i really hope no one picked "lack of items that strengthen my character". I was happy they took tgat crap out of scratches moving to ngs !

@AngryRhombus563 said in Questionaire: Why aren’t you buying anything?:

@Wolfdoggie I was disturbed by some non-spender selections after watching kerropi vid. i really hope no one picked "lack of items that strengthen my character". I was happy they took that crap out of scratches moving to ngs !

Yeah but the Recycle Badges only buy items to strengthen your character so technically they didn't get rid of it. I'm never buying that trash though, let me use them for the item I want. >.> I got 8 SG dupes of the bulky body outfits (would prefer the one that doesn't make you bigger) with 2 being only a day apart this week and the badges are just useless to me.

The fact that we get useless dupes and items for the wrong gender from the RNG and can't do anything useful with them gives even less incentive to buy them.

@Wolfdoggie i wouldnt count the augment chance items as character strengtheners. They also accept the same number pf sg recycle tokens that we now can get by playing the game oncd a day. The ngs augment system isnt nearly as painful as pso2 either, they are barely neccesary. yolo'd many augments without using any

The items they need to leave out and what they are likely talking about are things like graceful/grand stat aumemts and special augments only obtainable/transferable with ac scratches. If they took the aug chance items away it wouldnt matter, but those things need to stay away

@AngryRhombus563 said in Questionaire: Why aren’t you buying anything?:

@Wolfdoggie i wouldnt count the augment chance items as character strengtheners. They also accept the same number pf sg recycle tokens that we now can get by playing the game oncd a day.

The items they need to leave out and what they are likely talking about are things like graceful/grand stat aumemts and special augments only obtainable/transferable with ac scratches.

Failing an enhance still destroys irreplaceable currency for those who can't use the marketplace and are heavily limited in income so it certainly is a character strengthener. Upgrading things has a bigger impact on my money than it did in PSO2. Not that I'll buy them, still. NGS has nothing to even need to get much stronger for with it's 0 content. But it's still why it exists.

@Wolfdoggie all the augment capsules and medeta are replaceable 😮 one 10-caosule augment cost is just 2 trials in the field. 2000 meseta. It would be a good thing if they replaced the aug success with one of the featured hairs, motions, or emotes in a scratch, tho. wouldnt bother me. I just dont see the succ increasers as "power" items tho. you can get the same char strength as people that use them.

It's funny to see people that were arguing in different areas of the forum, come here to agree that the survey was a massive, wtf moment. I answered the other option, as a simple truth, even of I wanted to buy their scratches, or download content, I'm still recovering from last year's pandemic, so spending massive amounts on a scratch, or buying their dlc outfits, like the nier pack, is not a possibility right now. But honestly, SEGA should be listening to those with the money, who would otherwise be spending on the game, if there was content, and if the AC scratches had better items, etc. But the fact they have to ask these questions, when the reasoning is everywhere online to see, even within the Japanese playerbase, is quite questionable at best. Did al the veterans of SEGA leave a bunch of naive, and inexperienced people in charge or something? They should already know what brings in money, and what doesn't. They shouldn't have to ask their customers in a survey that information.

@Anarchy-Marine From the abridged version of PSO2's history I was given by friends that played on the JP servers, Sega's higher ups (producers, executives, etc.) really don't know what they're doing most of the time.