Questionaire: Why aren’t you buying anything?

Self correction: That was ST: Nemesis

(Goes back to bed.) (Why? Because I'm tired.) (Will you buy AC tomorrow? No) (Why? ...)

@Knight-Raime said in Questionaire: Why aren’t you buying anything?:

Unfortunately since the only option I didn't check mark was dlc bundle packs I didn't have many questions to answer.

I will say that while I don't think the server contents itself is inherently bad I do think it's bad that they don't ask for feedback on how to improve the likelihood of buying said things. I'm very experienced when it comes to taking serveys for games and while they aren't usually detailed to that degree some have been and I wish more were.

Also it's kind of a big misstep on their part for this particular servey at this particular time. I don't think the game is bad or in a poor state like many others believe. But I can't deny that the first servey you release is about why people aren't spending money doesn't do anything but further hurt their current image.

I personally agree and that’s rare for myself.......I got to stop reading these forums. I didn’t even play the game today.

I've mostly just bought premium, so my time with the survey was pretty much the constant answer of "I just buy premium" and reasons why I don't directly scratch or buy bundle packs.

I usually only buy premium I avoid buying scratches because I don't like buying an RNG chance to get what I want. So I just use the money I make in game to buy the scratch items I want. If SEGA ever made it so I get what I want when I use the scratches I would be more inclined to buy them, but as of now if I want 1 item in an AC scratch and the worst chance scenario I need to spend 30 dollars to get it I'll just pass. And if SEGA every makes AC items account bound well I'll most likely stop buying premium.

And it as is right now the only reasons I buy premium is because I trust SEGA to know what there doing here, unlike many other dev companies I've never seen SEGA go full greed mode and completely abandon the idea of making a decent game for maximum profit minimal effort (cough bethesda's Fallout 76, cough cd projekt red's Cyberpunk, cough Neowiz's Bless online). This isn't to say SEGA hasn't made mistakes just that they haven't intentional made these mistakes for profit.

@Aquila-ibis said in Questionaire: Why aren’t you buying anything?:

never seen SEGA go full greed mode and completely abandon the idea of making a decent game for maximum profit minimal effort

What would you call NGS?

• Rushed game - check
  • Reused models for enemies/bosses - check
  • Sparse roadmap showing slow-drip of future content - check
  • Scratch tickets/fashion get more attention than the game itself - check
  • List goes on, literally...

@Nasar

What models are reused exactly? Only reused mobs I see are rockbear and banshee. Over 90% of the enemies in NG are complete new models, and animations even the only two reused models have new animations.

How is NG rushed? All core features are working as indented with no game breaking bugs or issues in the game, just because there a lack of content doesn't mean it rushed and SEGA literally day one of NG released told us when the new content is come so you know stop being a child and learn to be patient. Were literally getting def quest and a new class in 2 more weeks.

Last I checked having a roadmap is a good thing. Would you rather we do the Cyberpunk route of expect release date of bug fix ??? expected release date of free DLC ??? next cd projekt red response about issues in the game ???. Idk I personal want to know what being worked on and when to expect it over being lead around blindly and being told "we making changes we release info maybe soonsh idk have wait"

Fashion has always been a popular feature in PSO NG and it a completely optional one. No one forcing you to buy scratches if you don't want to so what the issue here? Oh I know you just making excuses to cry.

Gigantix are literally purple versions of what we already have. Every region has the same wildlife with exceptions to a few zone specific (which is what you'd expect out of everything non-dolls).

Lack of content is literally the defining reason it was rushed. This is no game, there are early access games with significantly more content than this. The disrespect shown towards the player base for having fully planned to put PSO2 into maintenance mode and effectively kill it off in the release of NGS knowing full well it's lack of content is unforgivable.

Putting out a roadmap is a very good thing. But compared to any modern day mmo, what is shown is sparse to say the lease. They could pack everything we got in this release and everything coming in the next year and a half up to summoner and then maybe call that a proper expansion. And that's assuming they implement an actual content loop in the process.

The issue with scratchers is literally this thread. They are wondering why we aren't spending money, they aren't asking why people have quit in droves. They have shown their colors, they want to know how they can best extract money from those who have shown themselves willing to spend money. The concern isn't with how to make a better game.

That should speak volumes to anyone without their fingers in their ears.

@Aquila-ibis I'm assuming you're arguing in good faith, so I will just point these out.

1. There are 2 types of banshees and banthers, and along with them, rockbear, agnis, oodan, za-oodans, grulfs, and phongrulfs. Probably subject to change, but currently over 30% (closer to 35 actually) are reused from base pso2. And given how when sega was announcing enemy types they listed "reused" enemies as their own type among the NGS ecosystem, there's certain to be more with each update.

quick edit: some other enemies share older enemy body types and some attacks too btw, like big frogga compared to bloombergas, and how eldi scythe is like a crhome dragon/ex dragon hybrid, or how the humanoid alter (forget it's name) shares a lot of moves from flame deimos.

It is rushed specifically because it is devoid of features. There was a game breaking bug not long ago where pettas vera was not spawning and people got stuck in infinite loading screens trying to exit the battle. The lag we experienced in the first week was deemed unplayable by lots of people (some of my friends included) who perma left the game. The lag issue has not been fully removed either, as there are times (usually late into the evening) where everyone in an area will get repeated random lag spikes for a little while. The amount of content is not satisfactory for a lot of players.

Roadmap issue is really more of an extension of the last bit in point 2, especially since they've edited the roadmap and pushed some stuff back and completely removed the title system.

For some players fashion is 100% of the reason why they play pso2 and they couldn't care less about the rest of the game. For others, they don't care about fashion at all. I believe the point he was making was that it's disheartening for people who don't care as much when they release new fashion so often but don't release content anywhere near as often.

Just to clarify, since there seems to be a bit of misunderstanding in your reply.

@Pariah-Chan said in Questionaire: Why aren’t you buying anything?:

https://ngs.pso2.com/news/announcements/announcement59981

So Sega is asking players why they’re not spending like in PSO2

After looking at the survey, I’d like to discuss everyone’s opinion on the matter. 🙂

Sega has given us a game you can see everything in, in 5-6 hours and not only is still trying to get people to gamble for cosmetics as usual, but is getting people to gamble on ones that are frankly bland or just the free outfits from PSO2 with enhanced finger tech. Also making the hover photon dash they demo'd as the CAST photon dash animation a 45 draw reward was scummy as hell. Removing free shop passes hasn't helped either, since that ultimately is going to hurt the ingame market due to the lack of people that can actually sell items on it (if the game even lasts long enough to get there at this point). The UI for sorting through accessories and emotes hasn't been updated at all from PSO2 either, since lemme tell ya', it isn't fun flipping through 19+ pages of them to find a specific one.

Oh, also no CAST parts, though that's relatively minor compared to all the other problems the game has that makes me not want to spend any more money on it.

@Flowen231 said in Questionaire: Why aren’t you buying anything?:

1. There are 2 types of banshees and banthers, and along with them, rockbear, agnis, oodan, za-oodans, grulfs, and phongrulfs.

You missed garongos in that list.

@Rain-Gnyu

Yeah I spend too much time on here. I should just be enjoying the game.

@IAMCRAIG

Yeah honestly the UI not being updated from base at all is one of my bigger issues of the game. I wonder if that's a consequence of them having both base and NGS be linked or if it's just them being lazy.

There was a game breaking bug not long ago where pettas vera was not spawning and people got stuck in infinite loading screens trying to exit the battle.

Heard that was an issue with a corrupted file on the steam servers and not a bug, which is backed up by the fact that it was fixed by a file check/fresh install even without an update being dropped for it

@LusterMain said in Questionaire: Why aren’t you buying anything?:

There was a game breaking bug not long ago where pettas vera was not spawning and people got stuck in infinite loading screens trying to exit the battle.

Heard that was an issue with a corrupted file on the steam servers and not a bug, which is backed up by the fact that it was fixed by a file check/fresh install even without an update being dropped for it

It was just a corrupted file and not anything on SEGA's end.

@Nasar said in Questionaire: Why aren’t you buying anything?:

Gigantix are literally purple versions of what we already have. Every region has the same wildlife with exceptions to a few zone specific (which is what you'd expect out of everything non-dolls).

Lack of content is literally the defining reason it was rushed. This is no game, there are early access games with significantly more content than this. The disrespect shown towards the player base for having fully planned to put PSO2 into maintenance mode and effectively kill it off in the release of NGS knowing full well it's lack of content is unforgivable.

Putting out a roadmap is a very good thing. But compared to any modern day mmo, what is shown is sparse to say the lease. They could pack everything we got in this release and everything coming in the next year and a half up to summoner and then maybe call that a proper expansion. And that's assuming they implement an actual content loop in the process.

The issue with scratchers is literally this thread. They are wondering why we aren't spending money, they aren't asking why people have quit in droves. They have shown their colors, they want to know how they can best extract money from those who have shown themselves willing to spend money. The concern isn't with how to make a better game.

That should speak volumes to anyone without their fingers in their ears.

They had Gigantic done before the game was released they literally had zero time to remake brand new models just for those enemies, and they didn't need to either. I mean I recall PSO2 reusing a lot of old enemies in ultimate quest and just recoloring them wasn't a big deal back than when they did that shouldn't be now. If they keep reusing the same models each time they add a new zone that be a different story, but I highly doubt SEGA will be that stupid.

I'd take a working product over a content filled buggy mess unplayable product. So IMO the game is in a perfect state to release the game and zero reason to delay it release would more content at launch be nice? Yes but as long as core mechanics are working and no major game breaking bugs are occurring they have the foundation to quickly expand and add the content later.

Jam packing a roadmap with too many promises leads to mass delays. Look at Star Citizen they made a roadmap filled with promising massive updates every single month, there now years literally years behind on those roadmaps because they didn't give themselves enough time to finish a single thing in said roadmaps. What worse massive year long delays on promised features, or guaranteed release times with minimal delays?

Also companies asking why people choose to finically support them isn't a bad thing it let them know what working and why and what not working and why, or are you telling me companies shouldn't know how to be successful and should just make products at a lose? And saying it bad because people left well that completely unrelated especially when were comparing the #s remaining to #s the game had day one of it's release, and especially more so when were talking about a completely F2P game at that. So please name one MMORPG that didn't have a 2000% playerbase drop in it's first month of launching? How about we get more data before claiming that players are mass leaving the game and that the game is failing. Cause there has never been a single MMORPG that didn't lose about 70% of it playerbase 1 month after it's launch, this is even common for non MMORPGs too. Look at the steam charts of any brand new game right now say scarlet nexus for example day one it had 15k players playing it 2 weeks later 1k. Why is that not considered a failure, but man day one of an MMORPG if they some how fail to keep 50k playing logging in daily for a full month than it instantly flagged as a failure even if it still at 10k average players a day.

Gimme my got dang mohawk and I'll drop more money. I just want my mohawk back!