Questionaire: Why aren’t you buying anything?

@IAMCRAIG A lot of online games are action oriented. It's the nature of online games, if the servers are bogged down due to traffic it will lag. The lag has since been resolved due to the initial rush ended and the fixes they put in.

@Flowen231 Well I didn't play JP PSO2 when it launched but I can see through the post archive of PSO-World and see people complaining about 'huge' and 'very intense lag' around the launch period.

a08b2f78-baa1-41f9-b155-65ebab3b2ca6-image.png 591c2488-4df3-4e75-b680-9fdb269428bb-image.png

I obviously was not there to see it myself, but I'm hard pressed to believe there was no lag whatsoever. Many online games have lag at launch.

@Akonyl I used to have it on the JP server, but I was so bummed to see it hadn't made its way to the global server. I was REALLY hoping they'd release it before NGS. Maybe they'll release it in NGS. Fingers crossed. I'll definitely drop some cash for that scratch ticket!

@Brittany_Rose_C said in Questionaire: Why aren’t you buying anything?:

@IAMCRAIG A lot of online games are action oriented. It's the nature of online games, if the servers are bogged down due to traffic it will lag. The lag has since been resolved due to the initial rush ended and the fixes they put in.

@Flowen231 Well I didn't play JP PSO2 when it launched but I can see through the post archive of PSO-World and see people complaining about 'huge' and 'very intense lag' around the launch period.

a08b2f78-baa1-41f9-b155-65ebab3b2ca6-image.png 591c2488-4df3-4e75-b680-9fdb269428bb-image.png

I obviously was not there to see it myself, but I'm hard pressed to believe there was no lag whatsoever. Many online games have lag at launch.

I don't remember the second one, but the first one was about 1 person who was having lag issues and the community helping him. His brother also posted on that topic saying that the issue was on their end. There was also a second person on it that was having lag issues but it wasw firewall related.

That's what was shocking to me about the state of lag in NGS, it was non existent in base PSO2 JP in spite of the ping when it first launched, and when it first launched the game was relatively bug free. It wasn't til they started updating the game that they started having some issues, and sega was QUICK to spring emergency maint on them, sometimes the same day they were discovered.

Controversial opinion here but questionaires like this are pretty par for the course for any product.

@Flowen231 said in Questionaire: Why aren’t you buying anything?:

There was a game breaking bug not long ago where pettas vera was not spawning and people got stuck in infinite loading screens trying to exit the battle.

Wasn't this a problem exclusive to some third party unofficial launcher?

@Flowen231 said in Questionaire: Why aren’t you buying anything?:

The lag we experienced in the first week was deemed unplayable by lots of people (some of my friends included) who perma left the game.

Name an online game that hasn't had lag in the first week? There's been almost no lag since on my end atleast.

There are lag spikes daily, sometimes huge ones. I had 3 very long lag spikes during one of the UQ's earlier, and this wasn't a problem on my end, this was a problem for all of us. These lag spikes went on for about an hour.

What is your definition of an action game? In my head I'm thinking of games like Devil May Cry and God of War when I say action.

@Milk said in Questionaire: Why aren’t you buying anything?:

Because there isn’t anything to freaking buy in a game where there isn’t freaking anything to play.

Now I have to lie to even tell them that. I am spending but barely anything compared to PSO2 because they’ve utterly failed to impress. Why should I spend money on an unfinished game? Haven’t we been burned enough by this kind of stuff already lately?

And finally most of the outfits are frankly ugly. I didn’t want them in base, I don’t want them now. I hate cut outs in clothes, I hate the direction of their designs, it’s the equivalent of freaking jorts and crocs. I’m not putting my character in that. Every girl with a NGS body is wearing one of two outfits; the wedding dress or the plaid dress. That should tell you there isn’t anything else to buy worth buying. Are we supposed to spend money anyway? And finally I paid for premium in PSO2 so I could gift my friends AC stuff I don’t want, now I can’t even trade. It’s not worth it to me.

I hope they sweat a while over this, they’ve pissed off a lot of customers and they’re voting with their wallets.

Yeah there must of been a significant difference in spending if they're making a survey out of this, I would assume.

Also I totally agree with everything you said. I can't make my character look the way I want it with the NGS base, so I'm sticking with the PSO2 base. Unless they release an outfit I REALLY like, I'm not really going to spend money on something I can't even wear. I might risk it for possible idling and running movements, but eh. Also mohawk. Like, come on, it was originally a FUN scratch item. Throw me a bone here!

Shoot. Kinda wish I did that survey differently now. I was totally blinded by the 40 star gems, they got me.

@IAMCRAIG said in Questionaire: Why aren’t you buying anything?:

What is your definition of an action game? In my head I'm thinking of games like Devil May Cry and God of War when I say action.

To a lot of people I think action game just means a game with fighting where the combat is reflex-based and usually fast. I don't play DMC/GoW, but from what I've seen those specific types of action games sometimes get referred to as "character action" games.

This survey does look pretty tone-deaf yeah. You don't have to answer that you spent nothing to get more questions, but each type of payment you say you do use does eliminate a question so you need to say you haven't used any of the types to maximise feedback.

Now the game has been out a month I've been vindicated in thinking the non-cosmetic parts of the Start Dash Rappy Pack were total junk. A handful of Monotite, Dualomite and Trinite are just worthless when we probably all have 400+ of all of them by this point anyway and without things like that the pack is basically asking almost $50 for two MTNs, one STP and one Fullwear.

Premium is objectively worse than PSO2 Premium. Excluding Mission Pass (which was balanced by a 200 AC cost reduction prior to NGS) it exchanged a constant Triboost +50%, Personal Quarters enhancements and trading for a +10% boost conditional on having a food effect active. I don't want to see Premium become a P2W mechanic so IMO it needs to bring some cosmetic benefit for people to consider it worthwhile.

But yeah the simple blunt answer is that many players won't think there's enough of a game to spend money on. They've really got to flesh the game out some - especially with a roadmap saying Retem (region 2) isn't coming until December. Between now and then it sounds like we're only getting Defense Quests and confidence in them is low when Gigantix were a disappointment.

I know things always come back, even pre-PC things now [snip] like I said, they always come back.

Quick point of order: Not always. Most of the PSO2 (then) NA closed beta rewards have still not come back. Very little of Mission Pass seasons 1-3 specifically were revived either, as most revivals from season 11+ seems to prefer reviving stuff from seasons 4-7 instead.

More of the pre-PC items have returned in the temporary Collection scratches though, including all of the remaining emotes from SG Shop packs that stopped being sold prior to PC release (Cook, Pitfall, Flash Step, Missile and Flight Mode).

@Akonyl said in Questionaire: Why aren’t you buying anything?:

@IAMCRAIG said in Questionaire: Why aren’t you buying anything?:

To a lot of people I think action game just means a game with fighting where the combat is reflex-based and usually fast. I don't play DMC/GoW, but from what I've seen those specific types of action games sometimes get referred to as "character action" games.

I appreciate your eagerness to answer, but this was a question for them specifically.

That's their big plan? Demand players waiting for content/better fashion to drop money now? Good luck keeping a playerbase with that attitude.

@Miraglyth said in Questionaire: Why aren’t you buying anything?:

I know things always come back, even pre-PC things now [snip] like I said, they always come back.

Quick point of order: Not always. Most of the PSO2 (then) NA closed beta rewards have still not come back. Very little of Mission Pass seasons 1-3 specifically were revived either, as most revivals from season 11+ seems to prefer reviving stuff from seasons 4-7 instead.

More of the pre-PC items have returned in the temporary Collection scratches though, including all of the remaining emotes from SG Shop packs that stopped being sold prior to PC release (Cook, Pitfall, Flash Step, Missile and Flight Mode).

After begging for pre-PC things to be released in a Throwback collection and never receiving them in PSO2, I thought maybe they were never coming back. I strongly feel everything eventually will, maybe we’ll have to pay more for it or some other unfortunate thing but eventually they’ll resurface, even bonus items can come back. For example, I recall my Cherry Blossom Flurry being a returning bonus prize and people being upset over the vast difference in price(something like $15 VS $100ish?) anyway, if they can profit off of it, we’ll see it again. It honestly wouldn’t surprise me to see them put Mission Pass stuff in an AC scratch. I’m not sure how to feel about the idea.

From the looks of it, they reward us by skipping regular scratches and waiting to scratch the throwbacks to get everything at once! ❤

My issue with premium and spending money on this game are the prices in general they are very high. Take premium for example with the exchange rate into Australian dollars it’s basically $20 a month, now if you compare that to Xbox game pass ultimate which is $15.95 and that gets me Xbox live gold, game pass and ea play which is something like 180 games between the two. Yet the subscription for pso2 is nearly 25% more expensive than that. I enjoy playing pso2 but their pricing for premium really needs to be cut in half.

I strongly feel everything eventually will, maybe we’ll have to pay more for it or some other unfortunate thing but eventually they’ll resurface, even bonus items can come back. For example, I recall my Cherry Blossom Flurry being a returning bonus prize and people being upset over the vast difference in price(something like $15 VS $100ish?)

That's one drawback to waiting or being unable to get it the first time yeah.

Another is that it barely matters if something comes back after you would have used it. One thing I pushed for when advocating for pre-PC revivals was for it to happen ASAP because "it'll come back eventually" is pretty meaningless if something comes back 5 minutes before the whole service terminates. Outstanding pre-PC stuff has been unavailable for so long now that if PSO2 shuts down before 2023 PC players who wanted it would have been unable to use it for more than half the time they would have.

The "if it was cheaper I'd buy it" response is slight a double-edged sword. To justify MTNs needing 15 scratches instead of 45, the number of people who take it up would need to triple. Perhaps the survey might help make a case for that - and they'll probably look to account for people who are exaggerating, especially since "Say you're not spending anything so you can give them reasons!" has become common knowledge.

But there'll always be whales who always spend the 45 and reducing the cost by 30 for them is a net loss for the service if two others don't regularly start scratching 15. Please note I'm not saying MTNs should be 45 scratches (heck no), but it's why they might hesitate about that one. Another alternative we'd probably all like more is for them to make the game appealing enough for F2P or lesser-spending players that those whales keep doing those 45 scratches every time.

@Nasar said in Questionaire: Why aren’t you buying anything?:

Also, a challenge without a reward is itself pointless. Gear and titles are how you "show off" your accomplishments, and a challenge without either is DOA. It's worth doing once to say you did it, but then never again. A prime example of this are the towers and cocoons.

Yes, and this is what i think is so sad about it. If people actually had fun doing the challenge as they claim, the rewards would be a bonus and not the sole reason to do it so they can flaunt it to others. If the only reason people decide to suffer through yet another little mechanic dance is the rewards, the only reason the "challenge" part is tooted so aggressively is to bloat the heads of those who only do it for the sake of inflating their self worth. To put it mildly, that's disgusting!