Questionaire: Why aren’t you buying anything?

This was supposed to be an edit lol

@Flowen231 said in Questionaire: Why aren’t you buying anything?:

For some players fashion is 100% of the reason why they play pso2 and they couldn't care less about the rest of the game. For others, they don't care about fashion at all. I believe the point he was making was that it's disheartening for people who don't care as much when they release new fashion so often but don't release content anywhere near as often.

Just to clarify, since there seems to be a bit of misunderstanding in your reply.

Well when content development takes making whole new maps, whole new enemy types, whole new ways to play the game, and completely brand new code to make everything work compared to making a model and add a few bones so already existing animations work with it ya your gonna get fashion items developed 10000% faster than content features. I mean what easier? Making a sandwich from existing components in your frig or making a sandwich with seeds and a baby bull? One can be put together ASAP and only takes one person to make it, the other takes months to get ready and multiple people to manage each part before it can be assembled.

@LusterMain @Weirdo That was some straight up goldfish memory XD. I was in game looking at the garongos with their new unique interaction too lol.

And ty for the clarity

also @Aquila-ibis That wasn't the point I was conveying. And your example doesn't 100% hold true either, because maps for the 3 new regions have already leaked, and (this may be me misremembering if anyone wants to correct me here) we also have all of the on map red box locations for those three regions.

Controversial opinion here but questionaires like this are pretty par for the course for any product.

There was a game breaking bug not long ago where pettas vera was not spawning and people got stuck in infinite loading screens trying to exit the battle.

Wasn't this a problem exclusive to some third party unofficial launcher?

The lag we experienced in the first week was deemed unplayable by lots of people (some of my friends included) who perma left the game.

Name an online game that hasn't had lag in the first week? There's been almost no lag since on my end atleast.

@Brittany_Rose_C said in Questionaire: Why aren’t you buying anything?:

Controversial opinion here but questionaires like this are pretty par for the course for any product.

There was a game breaking bug not long ago where pettas vera was not spawning and people got stuck in infinite loading screens trying to exit the battle.

The lag we experienced in the first week was deemed unplayable by lots of people (some of my friends included) who perma left the game.

Name an online game that hasn't had lag in the first week? There's been almost no lag since on my end atleast.

PSO2 Base on JP 2012. And I don't remember if it was just the unofficial ones.

It was a problem with the steam servers, which that launcher uses. Steam users also got affected by it

@Antiseptic said in Questionaire: Why aren’t you buying anything?:

Gimme my got dang mohawk and I'll drop more money. I just want my mohawk back!

If it's just a PSO2 hairstyle you should still have it, hairstyles can be used with any head/body type. It's not like bodypaints/outfits which get locked to a specific type of body. Unless you just want a sexier, higher-def mohawk.

Doesn't matter if other online games have gone through this, the fact that PSO2/NGS are action games means that lag destroys the entire experience and makes it unfun to play.

@LusterMain @Weirdo That was some straight up goldfish memory XD. I was in game looking at the garongos with their new unique interaction too lol.

And ty for the clarity

also @Aquila-ibis That wasn't the point I was conveying. And your example doesn't 100% hold true either, because maps for the 3 new regions have already leaked, and (this may be me misremembering if anyone wants to correct me here) we also have all of the on map red box locations for those three regions.

Just because a map's information leaks doesn't mean it finished. For all we know what was leaked will be completely different from what we see later. I've seen leaks in Subnautica were whole zones were leaked, but when the zone was officially released it was 100% nothing like the leaked information we had. Leaked information is not confirmation to what it will be when it done. And it doesn't change the fact that SEGA had to make those zones they didn't just pop into existence at the flick of a finger.

@Akonyl Oh, I've searched the marketplace but haven't been able to find the hairstyle ticket in PSO2. I heard it may have been a Mission Pass reward item.

@Aquila-ibis said in Questionaire: Why aren’t you buying anything?:

And ty for the clarity

Just because a map leaks doesn't mean it finished. For all we know what was leaked will be completely different from what we see later. I've seen leaks in Subnautica were whole zones were leaked, but when the zone was officially released it was 100% nothing like the leaked information we had. Leaked information is no confirmation to what it will be when it done.

Considering the glacial pace Sega is moving at, we won't even remember that there was a leak in the first place when we do get them.

And your example doesn't 100% hold true either, because maps for the 3 new regions have already leaked, and (this may be me misremembering if anyone wants to correct me here) we also have all of the on map red box locations for those three regions.

From what I saw only red boxes for half of the desert region were done, maybe the (probably datamining) wasn't done at that point yet though

And ty for the clarity

Just because a map leaks doesn't mean it finished. For all we know what was leaked will be completely different from what we see later. I've seen leaks in Subnautica were whole zones were leaked, but when the zone was officially released it was 100% nothing like the leaked information we had. Leaked information is not confirmation to what it will be when it done.

You're not wrong but thats still not what the reply was about. It's about players who care about gameplay not being satisfied and sitting there watching fashion getting cranked out at a much faster pace. And judging by the content in NGS already, there's a very good chance that new content is only going to stay novel for a few hours worth of gameplay unless they introduce some kind of long lasting gameplay loop.

@Antiseptic said in Questionaire: Why aren’t you buying anything?:

@Akonyl Oh, I've searched the marketplace but haven't been able to find the hairstyle ticket in PSO2. I heard it may have been a Mission Pass reward item.

Oh, I was working under the assumption you already had it since you said "I want it back" (unless you're a JP player and had it there but lost it going to global, or something). Looking it up it looks like the mohawk never made it Global-side, the only thing we got was the "undercut mohawk" which is hardly a mohawk at all.

And ty for the clarity

Just because a map leaks doesn't mean it finished. For all we know what was leaked will be completely different from what we see later. I've seen leaks in Subnautica were whole zones were leaked, but when the zone was officially released it was 100% nothing like the leaked information we had. Leaked information is not confirmation to what it will be when it done.

You're not wrong but thats still not what the reply was about. It's about players who care about gameplay not being satisfied and sitting there watching fashion getting cranked out at a much faster pace. And judging by the content in NGS already, there's a very good chance that new content is only going to stay novel for a few hours worth of gameplay unless they introduce some kind of long lasting gameplay loop.

I said eariler it easier to make fashion than it is to make content. I listed the reasons why. I wouldn't even be surprised either if all the new PSO NG fashions items we currently have were all literally made by a small team of only two people. Just look at all the outfit mods posted in skyrim on a daily bases by some of the big names in that game's modding community. Some of those people are literally making whole outfits from scratch for that game in just a few hours.