Petition: Give free shop access to all players

@XenoBladeX37645 How is it not? Have you seen other premium services in other MMO games?

I already made a suggestion of something they could add now which was to make the salon pass and color pass built in to premium. They could add more as time goes on and the game gets updated.

@Zenny How is it not you ask?

You get an hour after the use of a pass to re edit as you please if you dont like the way a change looks in game

You get 400 Inventory slots. 10 slots cost $3.50. So thats a value of $140 that you get as part of the $15 package.

Triboosts, and things like the Food bonuses that you get when eating

You get login bonuses now that have things such as sg in it.

Access to selling things on the player market.

As far as the base game, you get access to bigger rooms in terms of housing which im sure will carry over to this game.

That alone is worth $15 imo. Nothing about that seems "stingy" to me

@XenoBladeX37645 SG is a freemium currency and can be easily farmed purely for free in a decent amount weekly/monthly provided you put some time in. I'd completely disregard that tbh even though it is shoved into login bonuses. The only bonus that matters is the N-color change pass because they are so limited for some unknown reason.

Inventory not that useful as it stands now in NGS. You should have the material storage which you can farm for free each month so the character storage and default is fine. Also I don't go off artificially set values by a company when I look at somethings worth.

Triboost = meh

Access to selling stuff on the player market is probably the only thing of major value that premium currently offers which can be purchased for 7 dollars. Inventory might be in the future but right now and probably for the rest of this year it doesn't seem to be needed in a big way.

@Zenny Its all worth it to me and thats all I care about. If its not worth it to others they can choose to not opt in.

Well my premium storage is full of silver primm swords for when I need them...

I like BDO’s premium perk of letting you dye your clothes as much as you want. I would pay for premium for something like this in NGS.

@Weirdo said in Petition: Give free shop access to all players:

Well my premium storage is full of silver primm swords for when I need them...

That's why I collapsed all mine into +20s, 6:1 compression.

I remembered them saying something about potentially locking certain shop features behind titles to try to prevent bots from so easily using the shop, so I was holding out hope for the titles patch.

And now that that's just listed as "TBD", rip me.

If only the premium user can selling there stuff at the shop...the future fashion is only for the premium player, cause only the premium player can make enougth money to buy the stuff they want with meseta. Premium is controlling the market.

@XenoBladeX37645 said in Petition: Give free shop access to all players:

@Zenny said in Petition: Give free shop access to all players:

That still doesn't cover the price tag. Take a look at other premium services in other MMOs and see how stingy they are here.

Premium here isnt stingy at all. What more would they need to give to not be stingy to you? End game weapons?

What premium gives right now:

• An extra draw for login bonus' (usually crap)

• An extra triboost effect when you eat food that's mostly negligible (As an example, +10% RDR boosting a 1% chance at something is 1.1%.)

• Premium storage which you can buy on its own, but largely isn't needed unless your storage was backed up from PSO2. Even then unless you're a horrible packrat like I am (and even then I make do) you can easily just buy the storage expansion 1 pass for a surprisingly reasonable amount of SG.

• Shop access which can be bought on its own which only has value now that Sega has removed shop passes, which in turn is going to hurt the game in the long run with the smaller economy comprised mostly of whales.

Premium barely was worth it before in PSO2, but in NGS you're basically just burning money that you could have spent on literally anything else and gotten more value out of it, including one of the lackluster NGS scratch tickets.

Off the top of my head, perks that I liked from other games were:

Unlimited salon use for free.

Unlimited dye use.

Extra spins at daily lottery

Extra holiday currency for prizes

Free mounts

Free pets

Unlimited skill reset(so I can actually play around with builds!)

"Butler" NPC that gives you marketplace access to sell when out in the fields

No fee to send mail

Free monthly outfit

Obviously not all of this can apply to NGS but these were things I happily paid for. I don't care about triboosts, I want to level like F2P. I don't care about storage because I max out slots anyway. I only cared about trading and now it's gone.

@IAMCRAIG That's your opinion. As I've told others, don't opt in if you don't like it

Premium gives trading in PSO2. However you used to be able to get free shop passes from the FUN scratch, FUN being a free currency. You can still get Personal Quarters passes in FUN scratch on PSO2, but they removed shop passes. And there's no FUN currency in NGS.

Seeing as how they removed the ability for free players to get short access to the shop, and also removed trading as a whole in NGS, I doubt they'll return the ability for people to get to use the shop for free.

@Zenny How is it not you ask?

You get an hour after the use of a pass to re edit as you please if you dont like the way a change looks in game

You get 400 Inventory slots. 10 slots cost $3.50. So thats a value of $140 that you get as part of the $15 package.

Triboosts, and things like the Food bonuses that you get when eating

You get login bonuses now that have things such as sg in it.

Access to selling things on the player market.

As far as the base game, you get access to bigger rooms in terms of housing which im sure will carry over to this game.

That alone is worth $15 imo. Nothing about that seems "stingy" to me

Premium storage is nice if you store literally everything. Right now NGS has like almost nothing worth storing. So unless you played and hoarded lots in PSO2, I doubt you need the storage. The triboost and bonus login reward stuff is similar to some bonuses granted in PSO2. And yes, you do get to use the shop.

But.

They removed trading in NGS. There are no PQs in NGS. There's no Client Order limit in NGS. There is no premium block space in NGS. Basically, for about the same price, there's a large decrease in things Premium offers now compared to what it used to be. The price did decrease when they removed Mission Pass Gold tickets that were bundled with Premium. As far as I can tell, the amount of AC it was reduced by was about the amount of AC required to purchase enough SG to buy a Mission Pass Gold ticket from the SG shop. Meaning everything else is a direct loss while the price didn't change for any of it.

You may be ok with how it is now, but that doesn't mean the majority of people are. And, having played PSO2 a lot, I can tell you that even though there's a few extra perks thrown into Premium, the two main perks, and main reasons most bought it, were trading and shop use. And now we don't get trading.

@IronTsunami Did I ever say the majority are ok with it? No I didnt. I said IM fine with it. I play ngs often enough to have silver and gold swords galore filling up my premium storage (not to mention items from the base game). If premium isnt up to snuff for you dont buy it. Its simple

@IAMCRAIG That's your opinion. As I've told others, don't opt in if you don't like it

I'm pretty sure most of my points were factual, actually. (Most of the login rewards are a pitiful amount of resources you can harvest, default 200 storage slots + drop storage + character storage + extended storage 1 for SG is more than enough unless you never combine fodder/hoard a bunch of 4*'s that will never have any real value, can buy prem storage and shop access for cheaper than premium)

The only opinion there was my view on what was in store for the marketplace in the future. You can't argue that premium offers little value when half of its features are nigh intangible and the other half you can buy separately if you really needed either.