Integrate 2FA and Give 2FA Users Special Permissions

Wording on the title is a bit poor so let me explain:

As of current, PSO2 NGS has several current and potential problems, mainly relating to N-Meseta and the economy. These are:

• If Player Shops went public as they are now, since they do not require a PIN or other anti-bot measure, scalper bots using a screen scraper could be easily made.
  • People multi-accounting to farm Red Box meseta and trading it to a Premium main account via the Player Shop, inflating the currency.
  • RMT bots

These could be solved by requiring users to 2FA with a unique phone number to gain access to unrestricted Player Shops/Chat in-game. A unique e-mail will not cut it here, since there are free email services which would make it easy to work around.

A non-2FA account will:

• Be unable to sell or purchase from Player Shops
  • Be unable to freely chat with text. A set of canned chat inputs can be provided, like how Roblox handled user accounts that were <13 years old.
  • Unable to see or send Symbol Arts on all channels and the ability to change this setting is disabled

A 2FA Enabled account will:

• Be able to sell and purchase from the Player Shops. A restriction on number of shop slots may be allowed to provide some incentive for Premium, but I would caution against it.
  • Freely text chat
  • Symbol Arts will be disabled by default, but this setting can be changed.

Giving Steam or Microsoft users who are using accounts that have 2FA on their respective services 2FA enabled status as well would be a plus, though I'm not sure if there would be conflicts for accounts bound to both a Steam and Microsoft account. I don't use EGS so I have no clue if they have 2FA but integrating theirs would be nice if they do.

Implementing 2FA should stop most of these by:

• Making it difficult to multi-account without multiple phones with new lines for each phone.
  • Botters will likely need to risk their main account due to above, discouraging bots.
  • Above and chat restrictions kill RMT bots outright since advertising is now not free.

2FA could solve major issues so please consider adding it in.

Is 2FA supported on Xbox?

I honestly hate 2FA.

Aren't there free phone numbers as well...?

Yes, there are free phone numbers, I remember google used to offer a service that assign you a free number to link up different devices.

And phone numbers are a pain in the ass when dealing Internationally

I agree with 2fa, but some of your restrictions for non adopters i think might be a bit much..

Being froced to have 2fa as a newb is annoying.. especially if you don’t even know if you’re going to stick with it.. and having text restricted behind it would be crappy for newbs as well.. can’t make friends or talk to them till you activate 2 factor authorization, sounds excessive... jp doesn’t do this with 2fa, why should global do things this way?

they have a 2fa system on the other server, using it gives you the bonus bank storage that they have Xbox GamePass using I think; unless gamepass is using the pso2es storage instead I kinda forgot

What is 2fa

@Drakaina said in Integrate 2FA and Give 2FA Users Special Permissions:

What is 2fa

2 Factor Authentication. Basically, t requires logging in with a username and password. Then, you get a text sent to your phone and you must enter that in order to login. It would have to be done EVERY TIME you log in, which is a major hassle for a game. Apps and websites they stay logged in aren't as much of a hassle, though.

@Hythreon I think this is a good idea i used your idea in my form Suggestion to stop bots And gave you credit Implementing this alongside my ideas will make it a massive hindrance for them

@NextTime000 said in Integrate 2FA and Give 2FA Users Special Permissions:

they have a 2fa system on the other server, using it gives you the bonus bank storage that they have Xbox GamePass using I think; unless gamepass is using the pso2es storage instead I kinda forgot

I’m on Xbox gamepass, what would I have to have do to access this? 😮

@Pariah-Chan said in Integrate 2FA and Give 2FA Users Special Permissions:

@NextTime000 said in Integrate 2FA and Give 2FA Users Special Permissions:

I’m on Xbox gamepass, what would I have to have do to access this? 😮 I never had gamepass myself but as far as I know it should just, be there. I know I can see the gamepass storage among the other storage boxes in the bank, so it should simply be unlocked if the server knows you have gamepass active. At most I would assume you would need to log in from Xbox or the Microsoft Store client to activate it since those are the services that would carry that information.

PSO2 JP already has 2FA integrated and provides extra storage and rewards (like a safe) for using the system, adding on top your suggested features such as it being required to use the shop would be outstanding and quite honestly a huge way to prevent RMT.

PSO2 JP uses the Google Authenticator App which I myself have been using for PSO2 JP and various other accounts on other services for years, it's a tried and tested way to better secure yourself from the nasties out there and implementing this into PSO2 Global would be something I personally want to see.

We already have this feature built into Xbox / Microsoft Accounts, where you can use any number of genuine 2FA Apps like Google's or Microsoft's, even Steam has had this for years via its own Steam bespoke system.

There are no downsides, only benefits, more security, free rewards, RMT prevention, Chat moderation, everyone wins.