3 days warning ban for redbox farming

@Miraglyth said in 3 days warning ban for redbox farming:

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in 3 days warning ban for redbox farming:

That post has pointed out was over a week ago now, we had more recently replies from the support staff that says different so if anything they’ve gone the other way

Which was that? The one you shared earlier was from 4 days before that Discord message. If there's been another one since saying the same thing, all that shows is that either they updated their position to be uncertain and didn't give support staff the memo or that they've flip-flopped in both directions in the last 1-2 weeks.

I was looking at the one in the red box thread that got posted, but I just took a closer look at the date of the ticket, which shows a week ago, so it’s eother about the same time or just after. I thought it was from later than that has the thread only went up recently.

@El-Zenchi said in 3 days warning ban for redbox farming:

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in 3 days warning ban for redbox farming:

@Gilver-Redgrave said in 3 days warning ban for redbox farming:

So creating more then one account could be against the ToS very soon.

To be honest i am kinda for that idea for multiple obvious reasons. First reason being that Sega never wanted us to be able to farm stuff multiple times hence why Dailys are account bound now. Secondly this will benefit the prices of the market and stop a very early inflation. So yes i am against multiple accounts.

That post has pointed out was over a week ago now, we had more recently replies from the support staff that says different so if anything they’ve gone the other way

https://forum.pso2.com/topic/13596/red-box-farming-is-good-just-do-it/6

There's a saying in my lovely town, a los mentirosos se los lleva la llorona!

I’m terrible with any language other than English, you’ll need to translate that for me.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 Something about liars being taken by a weeping woman. I'm not very Google Translate fluent.

The issue I have with people complaining about A Silver King's ticket is that "six to ten business days" is a very common guess that staff make on processing pretty much anything in any company.

Yes, the question was sent in on the 4th, but that appeal confirmed that it was a temporary ban until the 17th from the 14th.

So while owning multiple accounts is within the rules, it's clear that the staff are still in the "mall cop" phase of communicating with their superiors as to when the proper time and accumulated exploit levels for a permanent ban would be.

Yea, but how exactly can they enforce it. Are they going to ban family members or people living together with their own account too?

@HarmlessSyan said in 3 days warning ban for redbox farming:

Yea, but how exactly can they enforce it. Are they going to ban family members or people living together with their own account too?

Having 5 accounts under one IP is a thing.

Having 50 accounts under the same IP, eh. SEGA also tracks device ID. When formatting Windows you get to confirm it's you playing from a new device with a mail code too.

Just FYI my ticket was about weeklies not red box so idk. TBH i thought they would say it was not ok to make 50 accounts for N-meseta farming lol. Still not banned so guessing it is fine. But I hope they change the TOS as it is against JP TOS so weird they don't just add it in.

@El-Zenchi Quite frankly it was probably due to having way too many that are just throw away in the end. When it comes to having 5 that you would actually use there shouldn't be an issue with it, but rapidly creating accounts and not touching them again after that one meseta transfer, particularly because you expect to be banned for RMT advertising or something (which is what they actually do...), is a plausible reason to get flagged for suspicion when all those accounts are funneling meseta to a single one.

@AngryRhombus563 said in 3 days warning ban for redbox farming:

@El-Zenchi Quite frankly it was probably due to having way too many that are just throw away in the end. When it comes to having 5 that you would actually use there shouldn't be an issue with it, but rapidly creating accounts and not touching them again after that one meseta transfer, particularly because you expect to be banned for RMT advertising or something (which is what they actually do...), is a plausible reason to get flagged for suspicion when all those accounts are funneling meseta to a single one.

Yeah I basically proved what I thought would happen. No way for the system to tell if I'm a bot or not, and using the same IP means nothing when VPN exist.

@El-Zenchi since Silver King wasnt banned there is probably a distinct difference between the two actions still. Similar to how I haven't been banned from PSO2 JP for the "act of logging in" as some claim to have been.

@AngryRhombus563 VPN's are only likely to be detected if a large number of people end up using the same exit. There is always that risk, but it may never happen. That chance is why I would use an EC2 Proxy instead.

@Archetype-Luna Theres always a chance people banned did something actually deserving a ban too.

@AngryRhombus563 Which can also potentially hit other accounts using the same VPN exit. No matter what, VPN's have a bit of risk.

@AngryRhombus563 Well there have been reports in the past. Better to be safe imo and use something like an EC2 proxy.

@AngryRhombus563 said in 3 days warning ban for redbox farming:

@El-Zenchi since Silver King wasnt banned there is probably a distinct difference between the two actions still. Similar to how I haven't been banned from PSO2 JP for the "act of logging in" as some claim to have been.

Maybe the sheer ammounts of grinding I did.