3 days warning ban for redbox farming

@SnoWhite It's really curious how all the users who are definitely absolutely different people who all coincidentally named themselves Zenchi in some way either get banned or delete their accounts on here.

Suppose he decided he needed another accountability reset button.

It seems he's posted the email chain showing the suspension in that other thread (or it's someone else, I can't tell because it just says A Former User) and I think it's good they're taking action against the red box farmers if they are. This is a slippery slope and could lead to the same situation we were in with Cradle injecting way too much meseta into the economy.

EDIT: It'd be nice to get some official official word on this, we don't really know if the suspension is pertaining to the red box stuff or something else.

@Vashzaron said in 3 days warning ban for redbox farming:

All Zenchi accounts ever created on forums always just endlessly complain about other players and the game.

@Brittany_Rose_C said in 3 days warning ban for redbox farming:

It seems he's posted the email chain showing the suspension in that other thread (or it's someone else, I can't tell because it just says A Former User) and I think it's good they're taking action against the red box farmers if they are. This is a slippery slope and could lead to the same situation we were in with Cradle injecting way too much meseta into the economy.

EDIT: It'd be nice to get some official official word on this, we don't really know if the suspension is pertaining to the red box stuff or something else.

They're not taking any actions against redbox farming, his account was flagged for something else. You can clearly see the email from admin saying redboxing is okay and isn't against ToS.

I doubt the whole thing about being ban is true, I've seen him running in game just the yesterday.

@SnoWhite Oh really? Could you DM me his in game name or player ID? I'd like to block to the guy if he's just trying to start stuff.

Omg this is too funny.

@A-Former-User said in 3 days warning ban for redbox farming:

Last update. 25mil gone.

Enjoy I guess!

Good. Hopefully they use your case as an additional example and change/get rid of red boxes. While farming red boxes isn't specifically against ToS you are part of the problem adding inflation to the economy.

"Fraudulent activity" has GOT to mean red box farming, huh? xD

Its more likely that he named the characters on his accounts an illegible string of characters... sure fire way.

@SnoWhite said in 3 days warning ban for redbox farming:

@Vashzaron said in 3 days warning ban for redbox farming:

All Zenchi accounts ever created on forums always just endlessly complain about other players and the game.

@Brittany_Rose_C said in 3 days warning ban for redbox farming:

They're not taking any actions against redbox farming, his account was flagged for something else. You can clearly see the email from admin saying redboxing is okay and isn't against ToS.

I doubt the whole thing about being ban is true, I've seen him running in game just the yesterday.

I don't see that at all. Just that multiple accounts for farming Meseta is. Doesn't say anything about transferring into a single account. Also, while only from a moderator and not SEGA staff, this was said on the official Phantasy Star Online 2 Discord server regarding redboxing: "Thank you for bringing this to our attention - We'll discuss it with the rest of the team and get a clarified and united response soon, but to err on the side of caution, we can simply recommend that people do not make multiple accounts in order to exploit things meant for single accounts."

@AngryRhombus563 said in 3 days warning ban for redbox farming:

@Miraglyth you need to pay on your primary accout because your primary account needs to be able to post things for sale.

Please read my posts. The if you already had premium conditional wasn't exactly hidden...

@Fashioned-Soul said in 3 days warning ban for redbox farming:

Good. Hopefully they use your case as an additional example and change/get rid of red boxes. While farming red boxes isn't specifically against ToS you are part of the problem adding inflation to the economy.

Regardless of whether any part of the complaint / report presented in this topic was ever true, I share in this hope. I can't believe simply wanting a level playing field between all players without blatant exploitation could become such a divisive issue.

@sonic65101 said in 3 days warning ban for redbox farming:

"Thank you for bringing this to our attention - We'll discuss it with the rest of the team and get a clarified and united response soon, but to err on the side of caution, we can simply recommend that people do not make multiple accounts in order to exploit things meant for single accounts."

Direct link to the message for anyone who uses Discord in their browser:

https://discord.com/channels/851563314281578536/851870046077583381/863880520303771648

What's curious about this is it was posted a week ago. I'm not sure when that positions it compared to support ticket responses, or if there was any co-ordination between the two. It's starting to look like a case of the left arm not knowing what the right is doing.

@sonic65101 said in 3 days warning ban for redbox farming:

I don't see that at all. Just that multiple accounts for farming Meseta is. Doesn't say anything about transferring into a single account. Also, while only from a moderator and not SEGA staff, this was said on the official Phantasy Star Online 2 Discord server regarding redboxing: "Thank you for bringing this to our attention - We'll discuss it with the rest of the team and get a clarified and united response soon, but to err on the side of caution, we can simply recommend that people do not make multiple accounts in order to exploit things meant for single accounts."

I can search through the discord history to confirm this, but the thread will likely be closed by a mod soon.

Screenshot_75.jpg

So it seems that my mall cop analogy isn't half wrong. Looks like the staff needs to debate this over.

@Miraglyth said in 3 days warning ban for redbox farming:

What's curious about this is it was posted a week ago. I'm not sure when that positions it compared to support ticket responses, or if there was any co-ordination between the two. It's starting to look like a case of the left arm not knowing what the right is doing.

A week to dig through tickets is typical workload for moderation staff that involves discipline.

And again, the punishment was lenient for an uncertain company/developer stance on the matter.

So creating more then one account could be against the ToS very soon.

To be honest i am kinda for that idea for multiple obvious reasons. First reason being that Sega never wanted us to be able to farm stuff multiple times hence why Dailys are account bound now. Secondly this will benefit the prices of the market and stop a very early inflation. So yes i am against multiple accounts.

It clearly was their intended way to run things, I’ll be happy to afford thing next week when the next scratch hits. ❤

@Gilver-Redgrave said in 3 days warning ban for redbox farming:

To be honest i am kinda for that idea for multiple obvious reasons. First reason being that Sega never wanted us to be able to farm stuff multiple times hence why Dailys are account bound now. Secondly this will benefit the prices of the market and stop a very early inflation. So yes i am against multiple accounts.

That post has pointed out was over a week ago now, we had more recently replies from the support staff that says different so if anything they’ve gone the other way

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in 3 days warning ban for redbox farming:

@Gilver-Redgrave said in 3 days warning ban for redbox farming:

That post has pointed out was over a week ago now, we had more recently replies from the support staff that says different so if anything they’ve gone the other way

https://forum.pso2.com/topic/13596/red-box-farming-is-good-just-do-it/6

There's a saying in my lovely town, a los mentirosos se los lleva la llorona!

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in 3 days warning ban for redbox farming:

Which was that? The one you shared earlier was from 4 days before that Discord message. If there's been another one since saying the same thing, all that shows is that either they updated their position to be uncertain and didn't give support staff the memo or that they've flip-flopped in both directions in the last 1-2 weeks.