3 days warning ban for redbox farming

Of course, SEGA Global will continue doing nothing about this. Your game is freaking dying, at least fix the red box abusers.

@Not-Important You assume SEGA Japan is doing anything about it?

@IronTsunami said in 3 days warning ban for redbox farming:

And to think, people complain about them completely removing trading, but then immediately show how easily it could be abused. Sure trading in PSO2 required premium, but don't think SEGA won't use this as an example to validate removing it completely.

Even so, removing any in game feature esp one that is so common and imo required for MMOs because of abuse, goldsellers and rmt is downright lazy.

Rather than trying to address the problem they rather take out core MMO features.

Take a look in game. Trading is gone, yet there's still goldsellers running around and they're going strong. Even without red boxes they'd still be around. There's really no way to get rid of them unless you go after their money which is why I don't know why Sega effectively ruins their game in an attempt to combat goldsellers and potential abusers.

@Zenny said in 3 days warning ban for redbox farming:

Even without red boxes they'd still be around.

Doing what? Farming trials at 1000 or 1500 meseta every ten minutes?

Let's not pretend fixing red box exploitation wouldn't have a positive impact on the rate at which it's damaging the economy. It's being considered the fastest rate of money generation for a very good reason. To make the obvious comparison, Elder Trigger farming didn't damage the PSO2 economy a fraction as badly as Cradle spamming did; the latter was clearly more severe in its impact, the way red box exploitation is on NGS now.

Nip red box exploitation in the bud and sure there'll still be ways to abuse multi-accounts but it won't be anywhere near as time-efficient as red box abuse is right now. Exploiters can get, what is it, 400k? In under an hour from a core set of red boxes on one throwaway account with no other dependencies. To get that with multiple accounts using weekly missions would require either cycling through eight accounts to get 50k each from the enhancement task or defeating 100 enemies, clearing an urgent quest (1184 BP needed) or 20 daily quests per account which would take a lot longer than an hour overall and could only be done once per week per set of accounts that'd need to be retained.

It'd be way more effort and way less time-efficient (which itself would mean some exploiters would do it less or not at all), so its impact would be less than what it is right now.

@Miraglyth I'm for red boxes being removed. I'm just saying goldsellers have always found ways to profit off games. BDO doesn't have trade yet goldsellers make a killing off that game through boosting. The same would happen here. Anything is possible when you have automated programs and hacks that do everything for you.

The only way to truely get rid of them is to...

1. go after their money
  2. make the ban punishments for buying gold and other services permanent off the bat.

They actually need to eforce their rules though. If they do people will be far too afraid to bother buying gold in turn resulting in far lower profits for the sellers potentially making the game not worth making money off.

I just think it's a stupid move to remove game features like trading or limiting the market all because of goldsellers.

I'm just saying goldsellers have always found ways to profit off games. [snip] I just think it's a stupid move to remove game features like trading or limiting the market all because of goldsellers.

Yep, that all makes sense to me. I was just discussing the current setup that makes exploitation much more time-efficient for RMT sellers and individual abusers alike and how addressing that would still be a marked improvement even if it doesn't eliminate RMT.

@XenoBladeX37645 said in 3 days warning ban for redbox farming:

@PyroSaphuron said in 3 days warning ban for redbox farming:

I'm gonna say this and I don't care what anyone thinks, I'm gonna speak the absolute FACT: ANYONE willing to do this, make multiple accounts to farm boxes and extra money, is a NO LIFE LOSER WHO CONTRIBUTES NOTHING TO THE WORLD. The fact that Sega encourages this behaviour is disgusting. The cancer of capitalism is killing the game (and likely the company). Japan used to be better than this, when did they start acting like typical American corporate suits?

How in the world can you tell what someone contributes to the world by how many accounts they make to farm money in a game? You sound like LowTierGod rn and its kinda pathetic. Take a chill pill

DID SOMEBODY SAY LOWTIERGOD!?!?

GET THAT ASS BANNED!

GET THOSE CHEEKS DRIBBLED!

lol

I'm for red boxes being removed.

IMO, at least remove the N-Meseta from them so they can at least stop getting direct n-meseta. Maybe they can put in different materials or something.

I just think it's a stupid move to remove game features like trading or limiting the market all because of goldsellers.

Yeah, really stupid they did that, so hopefully in the future they add it back and add in some sort of free way, maybe like titles or we get the tickets back. We'll see about trading, but if enough people want it back, we can hopefully see it back one day.

Well, now they're making it so you have to complete more of the story and do a few other things before you can use the personal shop. It doesn't prevent red box farming, but it does slow it down. The question is whether or not it'll work.

Weeklies are capped at once a week, but red boxes can be done forever as long as you keep making accounts. So even though you now have more you have to do before you can use the personal shop, there's a chance it may still be the fastest form of income. Which means it may not die out, just slow down. Still inflation, just at a slightly slower rate.

I still think they should have a one-time N-Meseta fee for using the personal shop. Make people spend the red box N-Meseta for the right to use the shop, so then they have nothing to send to their main account.

https://ngs.pso2.com/news/announcements/announcement62451

Putting an end to rapid account creation for purpose of farming red boxes. Also hampers RMT activity, because much more work will be needed now to transfer their monies (which I think this is primarily targeting). It wont have an effect on normal extra accounts that actually get used, however.

The forum's a little behind the Discord chat on this one, but to summarise that a bit, Aina's Resolve is the main task to do Mt. Magnus in the story which needs 830 BP. It's not a huge requirement (so as not to lock legitimate new players out of the store, especially when 3* or even 4* weapons will be a cheap early upgrade as time passes and level 1-12 on a new account will be quicker) but it does mean account flippers will need to spend a bit of time gearing up, maybe clearing cocoons to get a few SP for instance.

Consequently if red box abusers are going to keep doing it, the requirement to reach Mt Magnus does mean the 8 red containers in Mt Magnus will become part of the routine and if I remember there's one or two 25k boxes in there. So instead of being allegedly 400k in 30 minutes, it might be something like 500k in 60 afterwards and once they optimise how to get to 830 BP.

@AngryRhombus563 said in 3 days warning ban for redbox farming:

https://ngs.pso2.com/news/announcements/announcement62451

Putting an end to rapid account creation for purpose of farming red boxes. Also hampers RMT activity, because much more work will be needed now to transfer their monies (which I think this is primarily targeting). It wont have an effect on normal extra accounts that actually get used, however.

Notice how they mentioned FRAUD.

So much for being okay to do lmao.

@El-Zenchi Making countless throw away accounts is probably the main kicker, because RMT do that all the time.

Speaking in the official discord with one of the SEGA staff there they know about us mentioning about our suggestions of both changing N-Meseta to SG and moving the threshold of the quest to Nex Aelio. Just wanted to share this, cause here mod presence seems to be low. It is all on JP's judgement now to see what they will do.

@Aumires said in 3 days warning ban for redbox farming:

Speaking in the official discord with one of the SEGA staff there they know about us mentioning about our suggestions of both changing N-Meseta to SG and moving the threshold of the quest to Nex Aelio. Just wanted to share this, cause here mod presence seems to be low. It is all on JP's judgement now to see what they will do.

Such changes would do more harm to legitimate players. Though the former could be rectified by compensating every player for the N-Meseta and Star Gems they're missing out on.