3 days warning ban for redbox farming

Reminds me when EA boasted about FIFA MTX sales numbers, when everyone else knew there was a stolen credit card epidemic mass buying FIFA stuff. XD

@PBJ-Time said in 3 days warning ban for redbox farming:

which leads me to believe global never even got 90-100k in the first place

Global hit a million accounts back in August 2020.

@PBJ-Time said in 3 days warning ban for redbox farming:

Herald is probably saying what he is so that either he can get more ahead of others if enough stop, or he can actually cause enough people to spread the word in game that the player base stops enough to cause the rising prices to not be as extreme

I'd say it's the former. Herald of Sega just looking out for number one.

@Gilver-Redgrave Actually, ToS's often have a line that basically says they can ban you for any reason, including no reason at all. No game would actually ever invoke this to the fullest extent, but they can go back on what they allow and don't allow without changing the ToS.

@Archetype-Luna

Thats would mean legal issues towards Sega however.

The difference here is that he claims Sega said he was banned for Redbox Farming so Sega gave a reason. However Sega allowed Redbox farming which means the reason is invalid. And if Sega changes the rules they are forced by law to rework the ToS and also force the players to accept them again. If Sega changes the ToS without us accepting the new rules then we aint affected by them. Thats the whole reason why we need to accept the ToS over and over again in some games because something was changed.

Yes Sega can ban you for no reason however once they give a reason they need to play by the rules. If Sega never gave you a reason then youre right there is nothing you can do about that then.

@Gilver-Redgrave I really don't think they would have to change the ToS in anyway. I don't even think there is a line mentioning red box farming. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a line that lets them change the reason. Often times, the ToS is written in some legalase that lets them BS their way out of any reasoning for a ban.

And let's be honest, it really wouldn't cause any legal issues for Sega. The time and money needed to take it to a legal court is probably more than most people have.

So really ToS, outside of that line giving them ultimate power to ban anyone for anything, probably doesn't mean much.

@Gilver-Redgrave said in 3 days warning ban for redbox farming:

@Archetype-Luna

The difference here is that he claims Sega said he was banned for Redbox Farming so Sega gave a reason. However Sega allowed Redbox farming which means the reason is invalid. And if Sega changes the rules they are forced by law to rework the ToS and also force the players to accept them again. If Sega changes the ToS without us accepting the new rules then we aint affected by them. Thats the whole reason why we need to accept the ToS over and over again in some games because something was changed.

Yes Sega can ban you for no reason however once they give a reason they need to play by the rules. If Sega never gave you a reason then youre right there is nothing you can do about that then.

Reason is suspicious activity. And yeah I've never seen them saying explicitly and textually "You can create multiple accounts, farm red boxes n-meseta with them and then send all of it to your main account". Until then, everyone who does it can be unfairly penalized like me. Everything support said so far is open to interpretation.

@FoolsArcana

Yes thats the picture i was talking about.

@Herald-of-Zenchi

So its official that you are allowed to create as many accounts and farm meseta with them as you want. Youre not allowed to do RMT thats all. So unless you got banned for something else besides owning multiple accounts Sega is accusing you of RMT. But given the fact RMT results mostly in perma bans there is another reason.

Did you run multiple accounts at the same time ? Because thats not allowed.

FUD/Fear mongering confirmed

@AngryRhombus563 OP is just closet mad about the state of the game, but would never admit to it and this is his way of coping.

Ya i think you need to show the 816 message atleast. I see tons of people post those. Kinda sus when you have been complaining about it the whole time.

@Herald-of-Zenchi said in 3 days warning ban for redbox farming:

@Archetype-Luna

Reason is suspicious activity. And yeah I've never seen them saying explicitly and textually "You can create multiple accounts, farm red boxes n-meseta with them and then send all of it to your main account". Until then, everyone who does it can be unfairly penalized like me. Everything support said so far is open to interpretation.

Yeah, my interpretation was that "you're allowed to create multiple accounts to gain the N-meseta," but if you start transferring and interrupt the game economy (such as through the scalping process), you're abusing the system's cap.

Any exploits in the system are a bannable offense in any game.

Here's the thread where we went about why I thought so and why others thought not.

In legaleze, the "currently" part is up for interpretation.

@MasterDarkwingz

Would be kinda odd tho to allow people farming with multiple accounts but then ban them when they transfer the money to the main account. So youre allowed to do that but the money and everything you buy with it needs to stay at the account which farmed the meseta. Well if thats the case then almost the whole leftover playerbase is gonna be banned in the next few weeks.

@MasterDarkwingz

Would be kinda odd tho to allow people farming with multiple accounts but then ban them when they transfer the money to the main account. So youre allowed to do that but the money and everything you buy with it needs to stay at the account which farmed the meseta. Well if thats the case then almost the whole leftover playerbase is gonna be banned in the next few weeks.

Well when you transfer 30mil on the same IP, of course the flag bot's gonna flag you for suspicious activity so a human can look things over.

Again, maybe a human did look the flag over and wanted to give a 3 day ban instead of an auto perma for that excessive farming.

I doubt they'd perma users who repeat offend unless they're using more accounts than the staff approves.

(Which again is up to their discretion as to the number of accounts and the amount of strikes until perma.)

@Archetype-Luna said in 3 days warning ban for redbox farming:

@Gilver-Redgrave I really don't think they would have to change the ToS in anyway. I don't even think there is a line mentioning red box farming. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a line that lets them change the reason. Often times, the ToS is written in some legalase that lets them BS their way out of any reasoning for a ban.

And let's be honest, it really wouldn't cause any legal issues for Sega. The time and money needed to take it to a legal court is probably more than most people have.

So really ToS, outside of that line giving them ultimate power to ban anyone for anything, probably doesn't mean much.

Yeah, the legaleze is why so many websites get complaints from banned users.

It feels unfair that you can be told it's acceptable behavior from one staff member, but that's just how the video game industry has been for decades. Seems like it would be an internal disagreement that users can suffer from if an official statement can't be made.

(Presuming that some users are only multi account farming with less than ten accounts and work to build BP on every character.)