3 days warning ban for redbox farming

Weeklies and red boxes, weeklies and red boxes, weeklies and red boxes.......... Just make every account have to pay 1m N-meseta to unlock the player shop, reduce the amount of N-meseta from weeklies, and increase N-meseta from one-time story quests.

Is it a minor inconvenience? Yes.

Does it drastically harm new players? No, 1m can be acquired on a single account after a fair bit of playing.

Does it cost more than what you get for red box farming? Yup, that's the point.

Why increase N-meseta from story quests? If the combined N-meseta from red boxes and story is enough for the 1m to unlock the player shop, then every new player can still have an easy way to unlock it. This covers for the reduction of N-meseta from weeklies, to function as a way to earn the 1m. But it means N-meseta from weeklies can be reduced enough to not make it worth it to farm them on multiple accounts.

Why not just remove N-meseta from red boxes and weeklies? This way it feels like people are still earning something. They are still earning N-meseta, and have something to work toward that they can unlock. This gives the feeling of forward progress, as opposed to everything in the game just not giving anything and not being worth it. Don't remove features, make them part of the progress.

This post is deleted!

@PyroSaphuron said in 3 days warning ban for redbox farming:

I'm gonna say this and I don't care what anyone thinks, I'm gonna speak the absolute FACT: ANYONE willing to do this, make multiple accounts to farm boxes and extra money, is a NO LIFE LOSER WHO CONTRIBUTES NOTHING TO THE WORLD. The fact that Sega encourages this behaviour is disgusting. The cancer of capitalism is killing the game (and likely the company). Japan used to be better than this, when did they start acting like typical American corporate suits?

Harsh but I agree to an extent. This shouldn't be allowed, period. We're already starting to see the market prices climb so if you're a F2P you'll have no choice but to keep up this way, the same way people had to start doing Cradle as much as possible in PSO2 to keep up with the inflation. It's disheartening to see players feel like they have to treat the game like a second job in order to have anything. How is this even fun?

I'm gonna say this and I don't care what anyone thinks, I'm gonna speak the absolute FACT: ANYONE willing to do this, make multiple accounts to farm boxes and extra money, is a NO LIFE LOSER WHO CONTRIBUTES NOTHING TO THE WORLD. The fact that Sega encourages this behaviour is disgusting. The cancer of capitalism is killing the game (and likely the company). Japan used to be better than this, when did they start acting like typical American corporate suits?

You need to look up the difference between a fact and an opinion, and this very clearly falls under the category of opinion.

For starters anyone making extra accounts wether that be for red boxes or daily’s/weeklies, can tailor how many accounts they want to make for the time they can invest in it, 30mims, 1 hour, 2 hours etc. Someone on the lower end of that scale would very likely have other commitments or just doesn’t want to spend any more time on alts. Of course if someone is spending a lot of time doing this then yeah you may have a point of someone having a no life, but I didn’t realise your actions in ngs had such a big impact in the real world, I guess anyone who makes alts accounts and also does volunteer work should stop volunteering has they can’t contribute anything.

Theirs also a big difference between sega encouraging alt accounts and sega saying it’s ok to do. If they were encouraging it they would be posting on their website or twitter telling people to male alt accounts, which they clearly aren’t doing. People have had to send in support tickets to find out sega stance on alt accounts

How in the world can you tell what someone contributes to the world by how many accounts they make to farm money in a game? You sound like LowTierGod rn and its kinda pathetic. Take a chill pill

PyroSaphuron is 1,000,000 pacento correcto!

@XenoBladeX37645 said in 3 days warning ban for redbox farming:

How in the world can you tell what someone contributes to the world by how many accounts they make to farm money in a game? You sound like LowTierGod rn and its kinda pathetic. Take a chill pill

To be fair, making a bunch of accounts in order to blatantly cheat certainly isn't contributing anything good.

@sonic65101 can't be cheating if it's not against any rules currently. And by your logic no one playing games is contributing much.

It'll never be known what others do outside of this game. The salt from some is very unwarranted

They see enough accounts messing up their profits and it ain’t gonna be allowed much longer, no company is that lenient. I’m of the mindset that it should be a bannable offense but the game should have more ways to farm meseta so F2P don’t have to farm on multiple accounts in the first place, not this 25m or so he got banned for but a respectable amount so they can still buy stuff.

@Milk said in 3 days warning ban for redbox farming:

...the game should have more ways to farm meseta so F2P don’t have to farm on multiple accounts in the first place...

F2P can't farm on multiple accounts. You need shop access to transfer the meseta.

@LusterMain said in 3 days warning ban for redbox farming:

F2P can't farm on multiple accounts. You need shop access to transfer the meseta.

You can buy on the player shop without spending a dime. Multi-account and red box to get 400k meseta, then have the premium-using main account sell a monotite for 400k and the disposable money account buy it. Bang, 360k extra on the main account in under an hour.

The only benefit to having shop access on a disposable money account is to eek out extra value on the Qual De Armor: Arga/Belta/Sheza they can get. Presently those are floating around 800k in total so it's probably not worth it but if they keep soaring in price it might be more worthwhile to some of these exploiters than an extra couple free red-box repetitions.

@Miraglyth said in 3 days warning ban for redbox farming:

You can buy on the player shop without spending a dime. Multi-account and red box to get 400k meseta, then have the premium-using main account sell a monotite for 400k and the disposable money account buy it. Bang, 360k extra on the main account in under an hour.

The only benefit to having shop access on a disposable money account is to eek out extra value on the Qual De Armor: Arga/Belta/Sheza they can get. Presently those are floating around 800k in total so it's probably not worth it but if they keep soaring in price it might be more worthwhile to some of these exploiters than an extra couple free red-box repetitions.

Oh that explains it, I knew you didn’t need shop access to do the red box farming but I didn’t know the rest. Heck, I found 80k worth of n-meseta just from accidentally running into red boxes, they give quite a bit.

And to think, people complain about them completely removing trading, but then immediately show how easily it could be abused. Sure trading in PSO2 required premium, but don't think SEGA won't use this as an example to validate removing it completely.

@Miraglyth said in 3 days warning ban for redbox farming:

You can buy on the player shop without spending a dime...

You need to have shop access on the main account, so you still need shop access to transfer the meseta (and that isn't F2P), what?

@Milk said in 3 days warning ban for redbox farming:

Oh that explains it, I knew you didn’t need shop access to do the red box farming but I didn’t know the rest.

You need shop access on the main, so F2Ps can't multi-account farm.

You need shop access on the main, so F2Ps can't multi-account farm.

Correct. Your previous phrasing "F2P can't farm on multiple accounts" implied those multi-accounts couldn't be F2P (they could) and "You need shop access to transfer" implied the sender of the money needed shop access (only the recipient).

Glad that's cleared up though.

Ultimately one shop pass for unlimited multi-account abuse is a drop in the ocean. Most Emote Collection emotes are worth way less the amount an extra set of red boxes gives, so this also makes using AC Scratch a worse value proposition for people who'd sell bad pulls in-game.