Base pso2 needs some love :(

I see more people hanging out in the old lobby than in NGS so Iā€™m hoping that means they want to do the old UQs! I miss the Shiva stuff, it was so fun.

@Milk said in Base pso2 needs some love šŸ˜ž:

I see more people hanging out in the old lobby than in NGS so Iā€™m hoping that means they want to do the old UQs! I miss the Shiva stuff, it was so fun.

Pretty much everything about base PSO2 is better. The only thing I like more about NGS is that it's not so bloated with items (yet)

NGS first 2 urgent quests are embarrassing. Nex Aelio is okay, but it's not a patch on any of the urgent quests in PSO2. They feel like the bosses you would fight at the end of an exploration zone rather than an urgent quest boss. It doesn't help that both UQ bosses are just tougher clones of the same enemies already out in the open world.

I don't mind the UQ bosses being bigger clones as long as they have a different and varied moveset, which they do, but I also wish they put more emphasis on they part breaking gimmick. There's no incentive to break the enemy parts because attacking the weakpoint is just faster, even if breaking enemy parts makes it easier to aim for the weakpoint, focusing solely on the weakpoint is just better.

I've spent most of my time in the PSO2 lobby, waiting in case new players need help grinding something. Surprisingly I've added more players to my friend list just these past 2 weeks than in the 1 year of playing the game. I also find the Gameplay to be more satisfying and rewarding there than in NGS, for the most part that is, some weapons do feel better in NGS than PSO2 (like Launcher).

I wished they would make Limited Quests available once again, and rotate them every month, I wanna fight Space Magatsu again, but its trigger has gotten quite expensive in the market due to its rare camo drops.

The fact they essentially bricked base PSO2 to force us all into NGS, which is completely devoid of content, is just a brain boggling decision made by Sega.

@Shiyo said in Base pso2 needs some love šŸ˜ž:

The fact they essentially bricked base PSO2 to force us all into NGS, which is completely devoid of content, is just brain boggling decision made by Sega.

I hate how they still show the option on character selection to start PSO2, but it's grayed out until you activate the Ryuker devices.

It never should've been greyed out, really. It is the sequel to PSO2 and plenty of people might enjoy going through the story in order.

PSO2 is tacked on like an arcade mini game now, shockingly with more features. XD

@Pariah-Chan said in Base pso2 needs some love šŸ˜ž:

PSO2 is tacked on like an arcade mini game now, shockingly with more features. XD

I'm sorta reminded of Elder Scrolls Online, where you're now started off in an expansion instead of the original story.

i really wish there was more support for global, we only had a year and it felt too quick. i'd love to see more concerts, campaigns, special seasonal events/quests, AC tickets we never got, etc. if they intend to have PSO2 co-exist with NGS, then it would've been nice for us over on the global side as we don't have "all the content" here.

(Dudu's face): A quick fix to get Sega out of the current situation: Just make you can earn NGS currency and materials in the base pso2 base game (small amounts, not Cradles' level). This will revive the game and fewer people will complaint about NGS's lack of content.

The issue with base pso2 and NGS is both games are too disconnected from each other, aside from a few cosmetics, there is no connection in between, which makes them felt like two standalone products instead of a "connected" game.

Can they at least readd all the event/limited time EQ's and badges/tokens/w/e etc etc so we can play the game how it was before NGS if you're not going to make NGS have anything to do?

@Ash-Lv1 said in Base pso2 needs some love šŸ˜ž:

(Dudu's face): A quick fix to get Sega out of the current situation: Just make you can earn NGS currency and materials in the base pso2 base game (small amounts, not Cradles' level). This will revive the game and fewer people will complaint about NGS's lack of content.

The issue with base pso2 and NGS is both games are too disconnected from each other, aside from a few cosmetics, there is no connection in between, which makes them felt like two standalone products instead of a "connected" game.

The whole point of creating N-versions of everything was to prevent this.

i wish they could at least have random unscheduled concerts back again Also why cant we have every UQ as a trigger D:<

Hopefully when they add concerts to NGS they put base concerts on the same sort of system.

@sonic65101 preventing vet wealth players dominate the NGS' already weak eco system, but doesn't mean they could make everyone "start" from scratch in base pso2 to earn new resources, where old resources are obsoleted (like their plans).