Chat filters

So in light of recent events concerning the sponsored streamers, I think now is as good a time as any to really emphasize to SEGA the need for more customizable options when it comes to the chat box. Whether that be including a "streamer" option that blocks all chat entirely, and or options where we can toggle on/off area chat/stamps/, the ability to put oneself in a "Do Not Disturb" state so we do not receive DM's, and or even including a chat filter system similar to BDO where the player can customize their own filter by specifying a keyword they wish to block and once enabled, any and all chat containing said keyword is filtered out and blocked. Even something as simple as being able to right click a name and block directly from chat doesn't yet exist, making blocking RMT spammers needlessly more complicated than in any other modern game and it truly does put on display how archaic the chat system is.

If you all have any more ideas, please feel free to chime in. Sega is clearly listening to us, considering the changes being made to Gigantix, we just need to continuously be loud on the topic. I would like to think that the most recent event was utterly embarrassing and frustrating not only for those streamers, but also for Sega, enough so that they may be more inclined to listen this time around and make the desired changes.

+1 for customized filter, I don't need hand holding from anyone, nor decide what I can/can't do, give me that system and I'll decide that myself

I’ll support this if I’m allowed to disable the chat filter.

Not being able to see the word “panties” kinda sucks.

@Pariah-Chan said in Chat filters:

Not being able to see the word “panties” kinda sucks.

....Really?

What happened with that? I saw a little bit about it on anamania video

@TEN-SQUARE-3 Someone said racial slurs to the 3 streamers who were sponsored to play it via whispers. They had to end it and delete the VODs. It's been a real crap show.

@Drbgamez said in Chat filters:

@TEN-SQUARE-3 Someone said racial slurs to the 3 streamers who were sponsored to play it via whispers. They had to end it and delete the VODs. It's been a real crap show.

Damn, that pretty bad.

yeah, very bad

so now we should have some sort of chat filter, which I am in all support for, since that means more streamers can stream the game for their viewers with more moderated language, while those who wanna see other words can see them if they so choose so.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 Yea, it is. And it is absolutely Sega's own fault they have egg on their face now since they have more or less ignored the community requesting the ability to have these more customizable options since base became available in the West.

I understand that they're bugs and such to be addressed, but this should've have been looked into a long time ago, and ESPECIALLY with the release of NGS since it is new game and they want to promote it to a larger audience. You're not going to encourage any new players to the game if your sponsored streamers cannot stream due to getting spammed with racial obscenities and they have absolutely no method available to them to counter that efficiently.

@Drbgamez said in Chat filters:

yeah, very bad

so now we should have some sort of chat filter, which I am in all support for, since that means more streamers can stream the game for their viewers with more moderated language, while those who wanna see other words can see them if they so choose so.

Yeah for sure. What is wrong with some people don’t they want the game to do well? What a horrible introduction to the community and the game for those streamers and audience

@TEN-SQUARE-3 It could have just been individuals that have little to no interest in the game, and more of an interest of hating/trolling a particular streamer, so they jump onto the game they happen to be playing to give them a hard time. We will never know for sure, and I am pretty sure Sega is going to ban said accounts, for obvious reasons, but yes. It absolutely makes the community as a whole look terrible.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in Chat filters:

Yeah for sure. What is wrong with some people don’t they want the game to do well? What a horrible introduction to the community and the game for those streamers and audience

very horrible introduction

@Reiven said in Chat filters:

@TEN-SQUARE-3 It could have just been individuals that have little to no interest in the game, and more of an interest of hating/trolling a particular streamer, so they jump onto the game they happen to be playing to give them a hard time. We will never know for sure, and I am pretty sure Sega is going to ban said accounts, for obvious reasons, but yes. It absolutely makes the community as a whole look terrible.

I can believe the trolling, and yeah, it's gonna make us look pretty bad because of them

stay objective. i think the issue is that its being stopped at the 'output'. You cant say this or that. But rather it should be a filter on the 'receiving side'. If you dont like things like that, you should be allow to turn that off.

Having the ability to disable chat bubbles altogether would be a godsend. So far I think there's only an option for alliance chat? Where you can only see the bubbles if you're in the same area as other alliance members speaking. Just let me remove from all chats so I can reduce screen clutter. (Although this would make finding hiding bots more difficult to report and block.)

There's already an option to disable SA but I would also like to have one for Stamps too. Although, unlike SA, Stamps actually appear on the chat log itself so idk how that would work.

Last but not least, with the recent Group Chat campaign I noticed that it actually shows the time messages where sent, I would love to have an option for this to appear on all chats.

@yikcha2233 I mean, that is why I made the comparison to the chat filter system in BDO. If you ever played on the seasonal server on BDO, you know all about Randy and the services he offers, because he spams about it. Constantly. However, with BDO's chat filter, you basically type in his spam, and bam. You never see another message from Randy. It was AMAZING, and I am honestly surprised the system isn't more commonly used, because it is both convenient AND simple.

It was also handy in filtering out recruitment messages, because we all know of that someone that gets a little too over zealous in advertising that they're recruiting. Instead of putting that individual on a blacklist because you're tired if seeing his recruitment message, you can just filter out the message, without blacklisting the person. It just, I don't know, it just makes more sense to me to go this route. Imho, of course.