Concerning Re-released Content…

@IAMCRAIG said in Concerning Re-released Content…:

@Malphisto said in Concerning Re-released Content…:

Also, as a paying customer who pays for premium every month, I’m very much entitled to give my opinion on these matters. And if the community were to protest by abstaining to give money, then yeah the players would effectively be dictating things. This is true for all things, people vote with their wallets.

I've spent a frankly disgusting amount of money on this game and agree.

Also I would much rather get NEW cosmetics rather than see the old starter shit (they're literally selling us all the free outfits from pso2, just with finger tech) updated with finger tech get sold to me. The fact you need to gamble for the one you want makes it far worse than it could have been as well.

edit: The combination of the amount of content amounting to a demo and sega trying to re-sell us stuff with as scummy tactics as they have been this entire time (if not scummier, looking at MTN: Hover Photon Dash) means sega deserves this amount of scrutiny and certainly should be rethinking their monetization model.

Not just fingers. The Viola Magica has serious clipping issues with the Photon Glide animation, the N-Viola Magica does not have this issue.

@sonic65101 said in Concerning Re-released Content…:

Also, as a paying customer who pays for premium every month, I’m very much entitled to give my opinion on these matters. And if the community were to protest by abstaining to give money, then yeah the players would effectively be dictating things. This is true for all things, people vote with their wallets.

Also I would much rather get NEW cosmetics rather than see the old starter shit (they're literally selling us all the free outfits from pso2, just with finger tech) updated with finger tech get sold to me. The fact you need to gamble for the one you want makes it far worse than it could have been as well.

edit: The combination of the amount of content amounting to a demo and sega trying to re-sell us stuff with as scummy tactics as they have been this entire time (if not scummier, looking at MTN: Hover Photon Dash) means sega deserves this amount of scrutiny and certainly should be rethinking their monetization model.

Not just fingers. The Viola Magica has serious clipping issues with the Photon Glide animation, the N-Viola Magica does not have this issue.

You can also change the panties with the N-Viola Magica.

@Weirdo said in Concerning Re-released Content…:

You can also change the panties with the N-Viola Magica.

The bra as well, which oddly and annoyingly lacks straps. But that's because Viola Magica is an outfit and N-Viola Magica has been split into setwear and innerwear.

I didn't mention the bra since you can't see it.

HEH, I come off work to a notification that you responded and its pretty much exactly what I expected it would be.

@Knight-Raime

Giving an excuse for you not responding to my first reply

Excuse? That would imply I felt a need to defend myself blatantly ignoring you. I was just confirming your suspicion that yes, I was indeed purposefully not reacting to your first post, for reasons I already stated.

Nor does it change that your response to my others was clearly a decision to attack myself instead of the points I made.

I literally dissected your talking points, what are you on about? And no, I didn't attack you, I'll attacked your behavior and flawed reasoning. Again, if you wanted nicer responses from me, you get what you give.

You literally can't say that I was saying everything revolves around the new scratches and then acknowledge later in this very response that I also talked about the renewal scratches.

I can, actually. I said your first post made said assumption. That's factually correct. I never said that was the ONLY thing your post was doing. Nice try, though.

Also you can't accuse me of lying and then not back that up.

You're not important enough to warrant me doing the leg work to post links. That's the kind of stuff you research BEFORE saying so that you don't end up getting called out on it. You legit lied. You stated something as if it were a fact, that the 4 Scratchers were put out "specifically for new players" and we both know why you did it, cause you were caught up in your own moment of self-important virtue signaling. And yes, it was indeed the actual definition of virtue signaling. Now here you are saying it was an assumption. Or, really? Yeah, no crap it was an assumption. That's the difference between people who know what they're talking about compared to those simply putting on a farce.

Also, your assumption in itself doesn't even make sense. Why would you even assume that? The 4 Scratchers were literally all the things already usable for both PSO2 and NGS; Emotes, Weapon Camos, Hairstyles and Accessories. Is this another lie you're trying to feed me for your post hoc justification or are you telling me you honestly thought that? Even though SEGA didn't say anything, what reason would you have to assume they were meant "specifically" for new players? O_o

So the only thing you've accomplished in this segment is just more fluff that's attacking me instead of arguing about any of the points i've made.

Its illustrated that you're a Bad Faith Actor. Pretty significant, actually. You haven't demonstrated a capacity to have an actual productive conversation.

No, it's a logical assumption based on how the items came to us. Just because their twitter didn't say what I assumed doesn't mean i'm lying.

See? Bad Faith. You did a bad, and instead of just owning it you keep doubling down now. And it wasn't just their Twitter, it was literally everything. The AC Scratcher Announcements for all 4 of them said nothing to even give the hint that they were specifically meant for any particular group.

Ah yes, because another company does something different this company is in the wrong.

Again, more Bad Faith, where did I say SEGA was wrong? This hypocrisy is kinda funny, I mean you're doing everything possible to side step actually responding to my points. YOU were the one saying SEGA "remaking from scratch" pre-existing PSO2 Cosmetics (I'm sorry, Outfits/Basewear, I keep forgetting you don't register stuff like Eyes, Makeup or Body Paint as Cosmetics. You're real hyper fixated on clothing items for some reason...) was some kind of reason for why said content couldn't be put out as a free upgrade for players who already own the PSO2 versions.

That was YOUR point. A point which I nuked with my counterpoint that there's no sacred tablet atop a mountain somewhere dictating the will of the universe which prevents Game Devs from choosing to put out free content. Them "remaking old cosmetics" IS. NOT. AN. ARGUMENT. Get over it already.

I really don't see how anyone can rationally think that because some things can be given for free that means everything can/should.

Hey look, even more Bad Faith. Where did I say everything should be free? Me pointing out to you that anything "CAN" be free is in a whole other dimension apart from "SHOULD" be free. I've been extremely clear in my posts, I am strictly saying that the NGS Variant of these pre-existing PSO2 Cosmetics that people already acquired SHOULD (Prescriptivist Statement) be offered as a free upgrade to players. Period.

I don't know why you can't just grow a backbone and address my arguments as they're presented instead of this weird posturing you're doing.

Ah yes, you're so totally big brained that you've had to explain things out to a small brained person like me so you've got to hide behind giant walls of text where half of it is spent attacking me instead of my argument.

You're projecting so hard right now, and I know you don't realize that.

Also you can't really say "not worth responding" yet you've chosen to anyway.

To your first post, yes. And for good reason as evidenced.

I don't see why you'd feel pressured. base PSO2 clearly established in more than one instance with more than one way that items can and have returned before.

I don't have a clue what you're talking about. I don't exactly see all my Persona 5 and Persona 4 stuff making the rounds. The first Throwback Collection wasn't even until 10/21/2020, and that wasn't even everything from past scratchers. And for what did come back, it wasn't all the versions of everything, either. So your imaginary precedence for "Hey, why feel pressured, it will all come back around again eventually!" doesn't exist. So yeah, the limited time draw thing is a gimmick used to exploit people. That's just a fact. Sorry if reality doesn't jive with you.

This is lest dissecting and more just taking pot shots at me instead of my arguments.

I LITERALLY tore your argument apart, what is wrong with you? XD

Your favorite Witcher game has both free and paid dlc.

WHY ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT PAID DLC. You're like suffering from ADHD or something, you seriously don't see that you're the one doing all the crap you keep accusing me of? The existence of Paid DLC is irrelevant in the context of this conversation. Nor does it do anything to help your swiss cheesed attempt to bring up differences in monetary costs for content production. YOU were the one saying that because SEGA spends money to pay Devs to create remade cosmetics from PSO2 that they just HAVE to charge for said items, as opposed to them being free upgrades for players who already own the PSO2 versions.

Your argument revolves around SEGA spending money means they should be compensated for it. I pointed out to you that money isn't the only form of compensation of company seeks. Hence, free content. Companies take a hit to their profits whenever they put out anything free and don't maximize their revenue. But they do it anyway because there's still something for them to gain from it. AGAIN, BACK TO MY EXPLANATION. Long Term vs. Short Term gains. You know, along with all the other points I've made that you keep conveniently ignoring.

I wasn't arguing that all cosmetics should cost money.

To be honest, I don't think you even know what you're arguing anymore. Your internal logic seems to change with the winds. You're not recognizing your own inconsistencies.

I stated that if the devs gave you free access to said cosmetics because you got them in base that not only circumvents the gaccha system

THEY CAN PUT OUT MORE GACHA ITEMS! WHAT IS YOUR MALFUNCTION!? Holy crap. And they can still do Throwback Collections for them, I'm sure there's still plenty of players who don't own the PSO2 original versions. Good lord, this went from amusing to annoying real fast.

but it would encourage new players to go play what is considered old content in order to get easier access to newer cosmetics.

Don't be intellectually dishonest. What does AC Scratchers have to do with encouraging new players to go play old content? And how does doing so offer easier access to said cosmetics? You're such a troll. Why not instead of tying those NGS Variants to AC Scratchers they add them as Mission Rewards for Story Quests and other Mission Types that would give EVERYONE a reason to keep playing PSO2 Content?

And why wouldn't SEGA want people playing the old content? There's years of Story Content alone for PSO2 that on its own merits largely expands the game's longevity. Replay Value is a good thing, especially for an MMO competing with other MMOs in the market place not just for our money but our time and attention as well.

Go touch some grass man.

That's a good idea, actually. I think we're done here. I'll give you the last word and promise I won't respond to it this time. In fact, I'll block you just to make good on that promise. Later days.

Already said what I needed to say on this subject few months ago, TL;DR ver: While it would be a good gesture from SEGA to do it, it is highly unlikely they will.

Some companies do actually do stuff like this. For the reasons I’ve explained previously. Whether or not SEGA is going to be one of them, tell will tell.

Yes, time will tell, and after 5 of these Oracle Renew scratches released on JP and now re-released on JP and global despite this topic existed - I think it told SEGA isn't one of them

And the community’s response will go towards shaping those decisions.

The only community response they will be looking for is how many people thought it was worth it and actually did the scratches - and from what I see, quite bit of scratches were pulled. For companies and corporations - it is the money that talks.

@HarmlessSyan True, sadly. Still, as a Utilitarian, despite all that I still find value in having these conversations and people voicing their counter opinions to such practices. Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

You don't normally see the panties either.

In the spirit of this conversation:

B59DA7EF-95F6-4520-9A52-2EC021FE4371.jpeg

@sonic65101

Pirate Outfit.

I am fully black but once i run i see pink...... why ? Why pink ? >.<

@Knight-Raime said in Concerning Re-released Content…:

@IAMCRAIG

Regarding the $90 dollar part I don't see how that's more or less scummy than what they did in the past. NGS isn't the first existence of them locking things people would really like to have behind the bonus prizes for scratching a lot. Motions are the big ticket seller things in NGS to Sega. That's why they've put so much emphasis on things as simple as hand gestures when they were teasing NGS with us. So it only makes sense that they'ed lock some of the motions behind lots of pulling.

I also don't really think scummy is the right descriptor. Scummy to me implies you're being cheated or something. You're still getting items for those pulls. I'd say a better descriptor would be greedy.

It was literally demo'd as the cast animation for photon dashing.

You don't normally see the panties either.

It is easy to see the panties when you jump or swim.