Concerning Re-released Content…

It’s kind of annoying that they bring these cosmetics back out. I don’t consider myself a whale, but I did spend a good deal of time and money to get these the first time they came out. They do the limited time nonsense as a gimmick, making you think you better get the things while available because the implied intent there from SEGA is if you miss out, you’re screwed. As opposed to them just leaving these draws up indefinitely.

Now? They bring them out again, and I assume these versions will be usable with the NGS Body Model. Kay. Cool. What about those of us who already got them? Do you expect us to buy the same cosmetic item 4 times? The fact old cosmetics weren’t applicable with the NGS Body Model is what prompted me to not convert my 14 characters to the new body type. Because that would make all my pre-existing cosmetics worthless. Again, I’m not a whale, I can’t afford to just waste money and time like that. I’m very specific with the items I go after. I get SEGA wants more money from me, so they want me to use the new body type. But this isn’t the way to do it. This just makes me feel like I’m being taken advantage of along with others. You can correct me if I’m wrong, but I assume players who already own said revival cosmetics won’t be able to just use what they already have on the NGS Body. We’re going to be expected to get duplicates of cosmetics we already own. That’s beyond disgusting, I’m real sorry. While I can appreciate wanting to give new players a chance to get the items they see veteran players wearing, it’s being done in the worst way possible.

Just voicing my thoughts. Don’t alienate your player base. There are plenty of ways to make money while simultaneously demonstrating that you actually care about your fans. And even though it is a free game, the players are the game’s life blood. Keep this fact in mind.

You are being taken advantage of, and they’re completely alienating their freemium players.

Old emotes can be combined with finger motions, to allow new bodies to take advantage of the new models. ;3

That's just how companies are with their "limited time" items, they always come back one way or another.

I suggested some time ago that those who already purchased said cosmetic on base get the option to "upgrade" to the NGS counterpart at the cost of either AC/SG or even both, with the costs varying depending on which currency you chose to use. That way, it doesn't COMPLETELY feel like Sega is not respecting their customers monetary and time investment by slapping them in the face by making them do gacha, AGAIN, for items they already have, just with updated textures. (However, it does seem for now that what is being released is old PSO2 items, on NGS. I guess as a way from those who missed out the first time to have a go at obtaining those items).

Like in all honesty, I do not have much from PSO base as I am mostly a freemium player, and I missed out on A LOT due to life being life, but if Sega made available to me the option of upgrading what I DO already own at a flat AC or SG cost, I would more than happily throw my money their way.

@Pariah-Chan said in Concerning Re-released Content…:

You are being taken advantage of, and they’re completely alienating their freemium players.

Old emotes can be combined with finger motions, to allow new bodies to take advantage of the new models. ;3

Where does it say the emotes will fully work with the new body types? I haven’t been able to find that anywhere. Looks like they are just the standard pso2 emotes being rereleased

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in Concerning Re-released Content…:

Where does it say the emotes will fully work with the new body types? I haven’t been able to find that anywhere. Looks like they are just the standard pso2 emotes being rereleased

There’s a feature already in NGS that allows you to combine finger motions with old emotes.

There’s a feature already in NGS that allows you to combine finger motions with old emotes.

Oh really? Where is that lol, never seen it and does it work with existening emotes?

Oh really? Where is that lol, never seen it and does it work with existening emotes?

Yup! Just highlight an emote and press x! :3

I mean...you can still use your old stuff. It's not like they made it so the outfits are useless now. They put the dev time in to upgrade them and it's fair game to charge for it. They aren't alienating anyone. They be sold on the market just like any other scratch meaning it's available for all to buy.

Fair game? Yes. Feel good? No. Adding touch ups to a model shouldn’t cost that much. 😕

@Pariah-Chan Technically one outfit is $2. That's not expensive at all

I'm on the fence for both arguments. It's nice to own limited time stuff. On the other hand it's nice to have the stuff made easily available. Though there was some stuff missing from what I remember looking at the preview page.

Not sure I understand the NGS issue you mentioned? Weapon camos, hair, accessories and emotes can already be used on NGS models. It's the layer wear, outfits, body paints, makeup and eyes that don't work.

@XenoBladeX37645 said in Concerning Re-released Content…:

@Pariah-Chan Technically one outfit is $2. That's not expensive at all

That wouldn’t be if it was $2 to touch up an old suit. It’s 2$ to gamble on a chance of a touch up. 😕

@Pariah-Chan I don't exactly think it should be free regardless though

@XenoBladeX37645 said in Concerning Re-released Content…:

I mean...you can still use your old stuff. It's not like they made it so the outfits are useless now. They put the dev time in to upgrade them and it's fair game to charge for it. They aren't alienating anyone. They be sold on the market just like any other scratch meaning it's available for all to buy.

So am I imagining these outfits in the Oracle Renewal Collection that I most definitely already own from PSO2? Also, FYI, I went to college for Game Design and I’m with the Nexus Modding Community. I can assure you, the fully funded and well equipped devs for SEGA aren’t needing to do much to graft the skin textures of the old outfits onto the new body model to make them compatible.

The idea SHOULD be that SEGA gradually does this for ALL their cosmetics as a free upgrade option so players can use the old content for either body type. From a developer’s perspective I would want players to transition willingly over to the new body type introduced. I wouldn’t want the lack of backwards compatibility to serve as a reason for players not to transition because that makes them less likely to buy the NGS Body exclusive cosmetics.

That’s just good business in its own respect.

And yes, alienating is the most apt term to use in this instance. If you have players who already bought a thing twice to have for all characters p, and then you try to have them buy it again after they already the thing, that leaves your players feeling alienated. You have the PSO2 Players, with all the characters they invested in since Fashion has always been one of the main draws of the game. And now you introduce NGS which is lacking cosmetic content and instead of doing the work to make all PSO2 content compatible with it so as to facilitate solid cohesion, you instead make this terrible situation where you’re not only losing out on potential sales, but players leaving the game too on top of it. Which, though anecdotal, I’ve seen happen.