PSA: The new AC Scratches for revived weapon camos, hairstyles, lobby actions and accessories

Just a PSA before you all go dump money into these new scratches going live today.

1. They are all base PSO2 Spec, they are not NGS remakes.
  2. They can only be sold and bought on NGS Personal Shops, not in base PSO2.
  3. Lobby Actions and Accessories draw bonus items are not tradeable, so they will never appear on the market. If you want them, you have to scratch for them. (And yes, there is one locked behind 85 draws.) On the other hand, Weapon Camos and Hairstyles draw bonus items are tradeable.

My opinion:

I'm very disappointed. If these were all NGS-spec remakes with better graphics and moving fingers, I could possibly persuade myself to dump 90 draws on the lobby action. But PSO2 spec? You can't be serious.

To be fair, there are some lobby actions where the fingers simply doesn't matter, so they could be worth it. But weapon camos, accessories and hairstyles really needed to be NGS spec. I'll need to really take a look at the lobby actions to see if I want any of them, but I just can't see myself spending money to get any of the hairstyles, after seeing what's possible with NGS spec hair.

It’s sad to say that this is the final nail in PSO2 market’s coffin, but it is. 😕

I worry about how the market will handle this scattered influx of items. like things are already getting scalped, how’s a freemium user supposed to afford anything if any of these gets priced higher that 500k?

85 pulls? This is the start of a very bad trend. 😠

Sega you lazy MFers, can't even touch up the models a little?

Nope. Exact models, subject to this horrible new market of theirs. 😕

Emotes too though?

And NGS market only you say? Sounds pretty cool to me. People with base game meseta can still buy/sell the existing ones there and people can get this release in NGS to make some n-meseta. Or something. Looking forward to check this all out.

EDIT: Update link: https://ngs.pso2.com/news/updates/announcement60511

@kztm said in PSA: The new AC Scratches for revived weapon camos, hairstyles, lobby actions and accessories:

1. Lobby Actions and Accessories draw bonus items are not tradeable, so they will never appear on the market. If you want them, you have to scratch for them. (And yes, there is one locked behind 85 draws.) On the other hand, Weapon Camos and Hairstyles draw bonus items are tradeable.

Do these draw bonus items appear again in the future as draw bonus items in other AC Scratch Ticket Campaigns if you miss them now somehow or is it one chance of a lifetime? To be honest, I'm kind of scared to see 4 new AC Scratch Ticket Campaigns (no matter how big assortment they provide, we'll see after maintenance) along the ones we're having at the moment, it'll give us 8 ongoing events for our wallets since launch and I don't know if that's SEGA's usual monetization campaign or not (I'm tempted to write it's kind of aggressive business model but I'm too new to SEGA's products in order to elaborate and make an unbiased opinion about this).

While I have no issues with SG Scratch Ticket Campaign and I manage to get all items I'm interested in, I think I can't keep pace with AC items on the market if we get so many options to choose from. 😄

Kind regards!

@Pariah-Chan said in PSA: The new AC Scratches for revived weapon camos, hairstyles, lobby actions and accessories:

It’s sad to say that this is the final nail in PSO2 market’s coffin, but it is. 😕

I worry about how the market will handle this scattered influx of items. like things are already getting scalped, how’s a freemium user supposed to afford anything if any of these gets priced higher that 500k?

Hum... Im not sure. Maybe base game prices will go down a bit for this stuff making it more accessible to get it that way? Feels like they did this so new players can actually get ahold of some of this stuff without needing tonnes of base game meseta.

@Grond said in PSA: The new AC Scratches for revived weapon camos, hairstyles, lobby actions and accessories:

Do these draw bonus items appear again in the future as draw bonus items in other AC Scratch Ticket Campaigns if you miss them now somehow or is it one chance of a lifetime?

From past experience, anything's possible, and SEGA isn't even afraid of pulling out past AC items and dump them in the free track of the Mission Pass, if I remember correctly. But most coveted items, even if they return, should probably still return as AC items.

The amount of items locked behind bonus scratches is actually worrying. Sega are really trying to capitalise on FOMO.

Also lmao Weapon Stealthing camo is locked behind the 70 scratch bonus.

@Cerisa I just found out the Lumber Log Harmony weapon camo is a 25 draws bonus, untradeable. It is also the only untradeable draw bonus reward, meaning they knew its value and are forcing it. At least weapon stealthing seems tradeable, but I dread to imagine the price people are going to list it for.

Also, they have it translated as "* Malta Harmony", evidence that we clearly have translators working without any context and no image reference, a staple sign of cheaping out on translation services; and if this was in-house, then SEGA NA has a serious workflow problem that is causing bad translation quality.

@Pariah-Chan said in PSA: The new AC Scratches for revived weapon camos, hairstyles, lobby actions and accessories:

Sega have upped the predatory tactics in NGS, that's for sure.

The event shop doesn't reset either, so you can't even spend event points on more alpha reactors to gain more meseta.

I gotta say, this game is absolute dogshit so far. If it wasn't a Phantasy Star game, I would have left by now. It's been a major disappointment so far. You wouldn't think this is a company with 20 years of experience with online RPG's.

I think they know it's getting pretty bad ...and people are all but happy about how they are managing things...and trying to get all they can before the main downfall. We'll see if Braver and such will get the game alive again ...but I bet after the hype dies down ...will be the same.

@HermitST

It likely won't update till we get part 2 of the Anii event. I would also like to be able to by 100 reactors again. But that would just upset the market more.

At least some of the emotes were never released or were scratch count bonus in Global that you can now buy and sell. Also play with kitty is best emote.

They said it was a revival since the beginning. You can still combine these older emotes with the new finger poses as well. It's better to run these revivals in NGS for both the new players who would missed out on these items (since emotes, accessories, and hair work perfectly fine with NGS spec items) and older players who can't afford this stuff in base PSO2's hyper inflated market.

It would be nice to see a few touch-ups for older items (mainly hair and camos) but at the same time it's kinda unreasonable to expect Sega to spend time fixing older stuff. When the same resources could be used to make new items that would probably sell better.