Make it easier to block people/bots

instead of having us click on people or ARKs searching them to block them how about letting us click their message in the log to block it, or adding a profanity filter, or maybe letting us disable chat bubbles for anyone that isn't a Friend, or making the in-game chat have sub-categories that we can turn off or on to only show those chats i.e. General chat(area/local), Party Chat, Whispers, Alliance, and Friend chat.

This literally would have been a great thing to have for the 3 sponsored streams that happened today. Just blocking someone, turning off whispers, SOMETHING. Instead... we got some real messed up stuff that happened on livestreams.

I agree. The chat system right now has a lot of room for improvements. I wish we have a better control of what we see in chat both as players and streamers. I LOVE cut ins, word bubbles, autochat, stamps, BUT I don't need cut ins and word bubbles from total strangers in area chat. Option to have text only for area chat would be preferred because 99% of the time area chat doesn't apply to me. Worse is people doing their ERP out in the open, and I don't want to be forced to see it especially when I'm streaming. Thank goodness I haven't been harassed, but seeing pop ups of people insulting each other, jokingly or not, isn't a very good look for the community.

Not to mention the biggest problem--all the meseta sellers spams. We need easier ways to report meseta sellers. Right now it takes too many steps to report people who are clearly meseta scammers, and if they switch blocks before I could click on the character, the only thing I can do is search their user name and block.

Huge part of the fun of PSO2 is the community, and most of the people I have met have been absolutely lovely. With that said, please give us better control of what we want to see so we can enjoy the game fully because not everybody is considerate and people have different ideas of what's appropriate. I'm not the type to tell people what to do, and while I already to do things to minimize interaction with nasty people, I feel we need proper tools to protect ourselves from scammers and harassers.

Add to this making mandatory when starting first character to set chat functions. What happened today was the WORST that could ever happen to a game that's already struggling in the very start of its life.

Shameful. Shameful. Shameful.

A full support for this suggestion from my part, let us just block directly the whisper or anyone on chat just clicking the chat log.

I know i'm beating the horse at this point to apply more comparisons to other games, but a good example of a well organized chat system is the customizability of FF14's chat. Seeing a system similar to that implemented into pso2 would alleviate many player's frustrations with the topic.

@Neosphere said in Make it easier to block people/bots:

This literally would have been a great thing to have for the 3 sponsored streams that happened today. Just blocking someone, turning off whispers, SOMETHING. Instead... we got some real messed up stuff that happened on livestreams.

I think it's really sad QOL features won't be considered, not to mention implemented, until some a-holes misuse it to make the experience worse for others players.