Isn't ship 4 part of the community?

Btw, today's streamers tried to play on Ship 4. Keyword being "tried".

@HermitST I heavily agree with you with the shared Player Market but I am curious to see how things even out between all ships in that case. At least from what I have seen on my end, Ship 3's prices are relatively reasonable with nothing so overly expensive and unobtainable like I have heard about elsewhere on other ships. I really do think that Ship 4 was unfortunately screwed out of a lot of the earlier cosmetics when it was originally opened (I cannot imagine how Ship 5 and 6 will be when those open up if they do).

At this point, personally, I can't find any justification for Sega to avoid the Universal Ship for matching options as an option alongside what we already have. I would love to have a general "casual block" for all ships to have people mingle with one another and matching options so that you can run something like a Cocoon/Tower/Emergency Quest (or if we jump back to the original game, Divide Quests, Endless Quests, Time Attacks, Extreme Quests, and Emergency Quests/Trigger Quests from there too) with "all" players. I really do hope that New Genesis will continue to push the boundaries of what we already have.

@Aumires said in Isn't ship 4 part of the community?:

Btw, today's streamers tried to play on Ship 4. Keyword being "tried".

Sounds entertaining, is there an archive of these things

@HarmlessSyan The VODs were all deleted because of how badly the streams went.

My main is still on ship 04 and while I haven't gotten to play NGS yet(downloading right now!), PSO2's ship 04 had seen some improvements last time I played. Older scratch was easily obtainable despite being a newer ship and the prices weren't absolutely insane like they were months ago, there were more people at the concerts and I didn't have a problem finding a full group for UQ. I don't feel any ship is a bad ship, I have characters on all four of them. They have their good qualities and their bad, not one ship is perfect. The more people stay divided and avoid the "bad" ships, the slower they'll catch up. If we want the game to be healthy as a whole, we need to ditch this Us VS Them mentality when it comes to our ships and start looking at the improvements we can make as a community.

I used to think my ship was too far gone to ever improve, and honestly for a while it stayed that way, but then more people showed up. That's all it takes, enough people giving it a chance.

@Miraglyth said in Isn't ship 4 part of the community?:

@Alexmo said in Isn't ship 4 part of the community?:

I feel like that was actually a joke making fun of Ship 4's lower population and not an attack against you.

The jokes go too far IMO. Ship 3 and 4 do get dumped on by enough people in other ships that it makes people transfer to those other ships as though they were the promised land.

I'm on ship 3 and i really don't care about what people say about ship 3 tbh, besides lower player population. but imo the joke's on the people who jumped on/to ship 2.

I ABSOLUTELY knew dead from the start that ship 2 was going to be full and packed because of 3 things:

• Main English ship in JP which is now on global
  • the above from word of mouth which also made some/most content creators go: "guess i'll go there because it's more popular."
  • and actual players encouraging people to join ship 2

all three above made me think: 'Lol! Ship 2 is so gonna pay for this in the market and ship/server stability when the servers start to get busy on level cap rising/new class releases/new story/new quests.

and by the looks of things with recalling someone talking about another player/account buying up the Wet and Long hair's for 2M and reselling them for like 6M, i was on the mark.

that was an absolute yikes here. i wonder how even more fucked it's going to be with the re-wind scratches of the hair/accessories/weapon camos.

Let's tempt fate here:

"WhAt cAn PoOoOosSibLY gO WrOOOONG???"

@Milk said in Isn't ship 4 part of the community?:

My main is still on ship 04 and while I haven't gotten to play NGS yet(downloading right now!), PSO2's ship 04 had seen some improvements last time I played. Older scratch was easily obtainable despite being a newer ship and the prices weren't absolutely insane like they were months ago, there were more people at the concerts and I didn't have a problem finding a full group for UQ. I don't feel any ship is a bad ship, I have characters on all four of them. They have their good qualities and their bad, not one ship is perfect. The more people stay divided and avoid the "bad" ships, the slower they'll catch up. If we want the game to be healthy as a whole, we need to ditch this Us VS Them mentality when it comes to our ships and start looking at the improvements we can make as a community.

I used to think my ship was too far gone to ever improve, and honestly for a while it stayed that way, but then more people showed up. That's all it takes, enough people giving it a chance.

Omg get into it Im addicted as heck

Ship 4:

• Had less severe lag issues
  • Im live here so its automatically better

Ive actually been checking populations a bit and there isnt that much of a difference like used to be. Granted I need look during different times though so pinch salt. I mean we can fill up to maybe 10 blocks including a couple in base so thats like a 10x increase lol. Missing out on the super early scratch isnt an issue with NGS cause we all started at the same time.

There doesnt seem to be as many market divas dunno if thats good or bad. Personally Id like a universal market cause that would go off. (also we wouldnt get where ppl transfer to sell stuff and take our meseta off-ship, but thats more of a base game thing with AC items I guess).

And i couldn't giva a flip about any of that, but now that dailies/weeklies are account bound rather than character bound, using multiple characters is of no value. So, with a surplus of money i gained by returning a game on steam, i though "why not?", and transferred out of ship 4 and took every item i had earned with me. From my perspective, the community is the exact same on every ship (wow, what a shocker!), but that's fine. I don't want to take any part in it anyway.

@Yggranya said in Isn't ship 4 part of the community?:

And i couldn't giva a flip about any of that, but now that dailies/weeklies are account bound rather than character bound, using multiple characters is of no value. So, with a surplus of money i gained by returning a game on steam, i though "why not?", and transferred out of ship 4 and took every item i had earned with me. From my perspective, the community is the exact same on every ship (wow, what a shocker!), but that's fine. I don't want to take any part in it anyway.

Ah I had multiple characters for roleplay purposes, not for generating meseta so I didn't want to transfer twenty characters to another ship. I'm too cheap, would rather buy cosmetics.

@Doom-Smack said in Isn't ship 4 part of the community?:

Omg get into it Im addicted as heck

I tried but there was maintenance last night, boo! 😞

@Milk Well i hope you're not looking for any new NGS cosmetics since they cost a fortune. N-meseta is slow to acumulate for a single character and the rest get nothing if their not on the same ship, so you can either upgrade new equipment or save and buy cosmetics for your "main". You know, eventually, since it'll take a while.

Also, 20 characters? Jesus.

Yes very much so and ship 4 have some great people. It a very entertaining and talented ship!

@Yggranya said in Isn't ship 4 part of the community?:

@Milk Well i hope you're not looking for any new NGS cosmetics since they cost a fortune. N-meseta is slow to acumulate for a single character and the rest get nothing if their not on the same ship, so you can either upgrade new equipment or save and buy cosmetics for your "main". You know, eventually, since it'll take a while.

Also, 20 characters? Jesus.

I'm not worried about grinding or anything like that, I don't have much freetime so I'm just going to enjoy the content at my (slow) pace. I made a shopping list for NGS cosmetics but it's admittedly short, not much selection. I got the wedding dress, I think that's expensive? I haven't checked prices yet, I only got to try out NGS this morning. I've got 11-12 characters on ship 04 but jesus no I don't have time for that! 😧 They're for making my D&D characters only, the other characters are for roleplay with friends on other ships, it's too time consuming to swap servers so there's a Milk & friends on every ship.

I've been thinking about getting off ship 2 for awhile now.

@Miranda

Why? You do realise they are basically all the same right? The only difference is the size of the population.