Isn't ship 4 part of the community?

@Archetype-Luna they do and the trolls have alts on our ship as well when they go live on ship 4

This is part of why I would have loved for the Universal Ship to be utilized more often or to have its functionality extended even in New Genesis. I don't mind having a "home ship" to reside on but I find it bothersome that I can't play with my friends who chose other ships for one reason or another (I was on Ship 3 originally because Ships 1 and 2 were swamped to the brim when the Microsoft Store version released and Ship 4 was never around for me at the time because that came with the Steam release). If we had a universal ship, you likely wouldn't have matching problems in content even in Phantasy Star Online 2 (imagine if the Emergency Quests, Divide Quests, and other relevant quests were able to be run via the Universal Ship) or that in New Genesis you can still group up with people from other ships.

Regardless of where you go you will also find someone bashing on other ships or find some justification to stick to one or the other so the most you really can do is to keep your head on your shoulders and play with those you like and stick around those you can. Despite me primarily being on Ship 3, I feel that the stereotypes are there to create a tribe-like attitude between people because there already isn't enough competition as it is so naturally the less mature players always have to compete somehow (to which the majority of this is Ship 2 boasting about numbers). It reminds me of the houses in Harry Potter where everyone is sorted and tries to justify themselves as better or thinks of themselves are more highly or lowly than others. For me, it's personally needless drama even in the context of "jokes" and humor when these jokes end up decapitating portions of the game as it has in the past.

@Oldwargoat39 good on you. You enacted your right to take your time and money (view) elsewhere. So... I ask. What was the problem again?

If you don't like a joke you have a right to leave and not be subject to it. What you don't have a right to is take that offense to saying oeople can't say that.

I'm not being intellectually dishonest. Just because you don't like something someone says doesn't mean your offense overrides their freedom to say it. As I stated earlier, the solution to this is to allow it and let the moral and capitalist society determine its viability.

A man who values safety over freedom deserves neither. -Benjamin Franklin

Are we gonna be needing Safe Spaces /s

The only thing I ever knew about these ships was that ship 4 had a pretty low population at one point, and that being newer ships in base pso2 their economy was kinda messed up.

Otherwise I don't think the ships are really that different, they both have good and bad people and should still be treated the same as any other ship.

@TrideoGamis Freedom of speech does not mean freedom of consequence, the consequence of saying those words is that it will be hurtful to people from ship 4. You can't just write something like that off as "it's just a prank bro". You don't know the intention, and just from the words alone it does not sound like a joke.

The way you're being so defensive about this makes me think you are the streamer in question.

@TrideoGamis said in Isn't ship 4 part of the community?:

you realize the whole point of comedy from its inception was...

What I realise is that when you focus a reply on three paragraphs of semantics instead of addressing the point of my post, there's not much point conversing.

Ship 3 and 4 aren't going anywhere for a long time. [snip] because it is a smaller community.

Did you just not read what I said? Ship 3 visibly bled players faster than Ship 1 between the Steam launch and early spring 2021. That's 6 months. I don't know if you consider that a long time but I don't, and I don't want to see perfectly healthy ships killed by an inaccurate stereotype that became a self-fulfilling prophecy. Case in point: Look at you there saying it's smaller right there. When was the last data you saw confirming this, again?

Regardless of whether you think "hurrr Ships 3 and 4 dead hurrr" is actually funny and regardless of whether it's even true following the NGS release which made 3 and 4 be default ships for new accounts, the stereotype is harmful. That's a problem.

@Riesz that's kind of obtuse. Just because I defend something doesn't mean I agree with it. I'm just tired of people thinking they're privileged enough to ruin things for others. If people are so weak skinned that they can't just change what they're watching, that's on them. Personally, I attack things I don't agree with with my wallet, because that's how to rightfully affect change, but I guess this whole "squeaky wheel gets the grease" mentality is what divides the community as a whole. Cool guess, but no I'm not the streamer, just someone who really believes in the right of anyone to make crappy jokes. I'm a dad joke connoisseur myself, and I get told my brand of humor sucks. But guess what? I still practice it, no matter how much it makes people groan.

I'd much prefer to make someone smile than offend them, but the reality of the world is that offense is going to happen 50% of the time. You have a 1 in 2 chance of someone liking or hating something you say. When the same people start policing what you say, your tune would probably change, but I'll be standing there right beside you to ensure you have the ability to say it.

@TrideoGamis This isn't a snowflake situation dude, their response is completely justified, and people should stop watching a streamer that will say things like this.

@Riesz and as I said before: If you don't like a joke you have a right to leave and not be subject to it. What you don't have a right to is take that offense to saying people can't say that.

This attitude is the exact attitude that divided the Global community in early PSO2 when people were upset that "all the content" didn't mean "all of JP content." People on both sides were volatile and caused more harm than good for the community.

wait ship 4 has people in it?

This attitude is the exact attitude that divided the Global community

Or maybe it's the ship whichever people prancing around their tribal campfire shouting gibberish like "our ship best ship, other ship bad ship, ook ook"

Some of you are acting like babies. Who cares what people think? What you should be complaining about is Sega sticking with an outdated system. I have always said that people should be able to jump from server to server whenever they feel like it. Locking people to one server is absolutely stupid. The games player count just doesn't jutify a system like this existing, especially on the global servers.

The player market and character data should be shared across all servers. I have made suggestions like this in the past, but everybody pretends that it's a lot to ask for. It's not, Sega are a company 100% capable of doing this, they just choose not to.

Joining ship 3 or 4 is just a waste of time, especially with the player count consistently being so low. How many players are playing on those ships right now? Can't be more than a couple of thousand combined at best. That is basically dead.

Wow if that's what you consider bullying. But yeah this series isn't really thaat big, so I don't really get the different ships. I can't remember if they did the same deal in PSU and PSO, my memory is garbage anymore. I mean ideally, wouldn't you want to join the first few ships because you'd think those would be the most populated. And everyone wants a full party. I dig going solo if that's your thing though.

@Antiseptic said in Isn't ship 4 part of the community?:

Wow if that's what you consider bullying. But yeah this series isn't really thaat big, so I don't really get the different ships. I can't remember if they did the same deal in PSU and PSO, my memory is garbage anymore. I mean ideally, wouldn't you want to join the first few ships because you'd think those would be the most populated. And everyone wants a full party. I dig going solo if that's your thing though.

PSU had Universes (same thing, different name) but you could jump from server to server with no issues. Yes, the size of the servers were much smaller than PSO2's servers and they were probably similar in size to the blocks that we have now, but that was in 2006, technology has come a long way since then. It never felt like I was being blocked from playing with the majority of the players in PSU.

I don't know about anybody else, but it just feels weird that there are thousands of players we will never play with or meet in the game because we are stuck on different servers. It's basically like having 4 versions of the same games existing for 4 different sets of players.

Also, wouldn't having a shared player market be way better for the game economy? Ship 3 and 4's prices must be ridiculously high on certain items already. Some of the Emotes on Ship 2 are ridiculous enough as it is, purchasing them feels like a big risk because Meseta isn't easy to come by, it must be a hell of a lot worse on Ship 3 and 4.