Isn't ship 4 part of the community?

Yeah, had a twitch streamer tell me "Ship 4 is not part of the community and you are an outsider" Nice to see how some content creators and the general consensus of players from other ships, but I kept my cool and said "well then, I see how you show respect to players from other ships, nice way to represent the community." and I left and blocked that twitch streamer. That streamer's attitude is not something the community needs and a fake "vtuber". Just a bully in my mind.

Good job at defending Ship 4, those of us who wound on it after the PSO2 Steam release have basically been dumped on by the other ships, not to mention we barely got any of the stuff from before that time, both in scratch tickets and Mission Pass.

If you you encounter more of these elitists, do exactly what you did before, just block them an move on, hopefully someday we get some content creators on Ship 4 to help the community know that we are here.

I feel like that was actually a joke making fun of Ship 4's lower population and not an attack against you. There's no real reason why someone would say something that dramatic and expect it to be taken seriously. Ship 4's population probably grew by a good amount after NGS came out, so the joke still being relevant remains to be seen.

@Alexmo said in Isn't ship 4 part of the community?:

I feel like that was actually a joke making fun of Ship 4's lower population and not an attack against you.

The jokes go too far IMO. Ship 3 and 4 do get dumped on by enough people in other ships that it makes people transfer to those other ships as though they were the promised land.

The jokes go too far IMO.

As someone who doesn't do this and has no interest in it one way or the other: no. A joke is a joke. There is no too far or inappropriate joke. The second we start declaring lines in the sand we all lose. I'm the biggest proponent of community togetherness. Guess what? These jokes help bring together the community by getting pride in different ships. Believe it or not, regardless of the streamers intention, he united at least three Ship 4 people in this very thread.

Ship 3 & 4 have always been looked down on for some reason, especially 4. I thought we were over this with NGS.

some people here believe that the community is only ship 2 because in JP mostly of the non Japanese players are in ship 2 but that is a dumb logic to global servers that are not limited to a language that only 1 country has as their native language not needing to everyone clog up into only 1 of the 4 ships

Thought ship 4 was stuff of the legends, while my ship (ship 3) was a myth. /s

Guess I was wrong.

@TrideoGamis said in Isn't ship 4 part of the community?:

There is no too far or inappropriate joke. The second we start declaring lines in the sand we all lose.

To believe this requires believing that nothing can be inappropriate or offensive ever. Because if jokes have no requirement to be sufficiently unobjectionable (a "line in the sand"), they also have no requirement to be sufficiently funny (which would also be a "line in the sand"). Therefore any racist or offensive statement could be called a joke and since jokes cannot be inappropriate, that statement must be allowed.

The Ship 3/4 drain has nothing to do with whether jokes are appropriate anyway. It has to to with them being implied and inferred to be more accurate than they really are. I spent months on this forum particularly in autumn 2020 calling out "jokes" about Ship 3 being dead when not one person could prove it was distinguishably different from 1, and it didn't stop several people transferring to 1 anyway. Fast-forward a few months and 3 became distinguishably less populated from 1. Cause and effect.

@TrideoGamis said in Isn't ship 4 part of the community?:

Guess what? These jokes help bring together the community by getting pride in different ships

You know, what's left after some of them have used Ship Transfer because of the stereotypes, thereby either contributing to or causing the inequality.

If we keep peddling these "jokes" - and despite an injection of several tens of thousands of new players with the New Genesis launch while the default ship for new accounts was 3 or 4 at various times of the launch period - this is going to happen again with New Genesis over an extended time. We've literally seen it happen over the 12 months before NGS, the "jokes" haven't changed in the slightest, and nobody's provided any reason that it won't happen again in NGS.

Meanwhile I am considering transferring to Ship 4 if I ever return to global since that is where I believe most of Hololive EN and ID play.

Lol imagine watching a twitch streamer. Many such cases, very sad.

@TrideoGamis what reality you live in? that is not normal if you are showing the person respect...

@Miraglyth you realize the whole point of comedy from its inception was to make people uncomfortable so that it made people think and affected change. Kings kept jesters to keep themselves grounded. Guess what? Often the jesters made jokes offensive to the King. This is a GOOD thing.

As I said before, there should be NO line in the sand. What people find funny or objectionable is purely subjective. It becomes a slippery slope when one group gets to decide what is funny or and what is "too far." The cure to "bad humor" isn't more regulated humor, it's LESS regulated humor. With less restrictions, you're more accurately able to judge people's feelings than by what they say in a more regulated environment. And guess what? The problem sorts itself out.

The fact that people get up in arms about a certain thing just shows subsets of people that it can get under their skin, and with the anonymity of the internet you get a recipe for trolls saying things they don't believe specifically to get the same reaction from people.

Ship 3 and 4 aren't going anywhere for a long time. As I said in a previous post, if you want something to last you must foster a community around it. In that perspective, it's up to Ship 3 and 4 to live up to the hype. Honestly, if I weren't so attached to my guild and guild mates, I would transfer specifically because it is a smaller community. Cheers man, let things roll off your back.

@Oldwargoat39 Fair point. So let me ask you a question. Did you continue to watch this Twitch streamer?

@TrideoGamis no I left after that was said, and do not validate that streamer's bullying attempt by saying "it's just a joke". "it's was just a joke" is a bully tactic to validate a bully's behavior and actions that they have done. You're being intellectually dishonest, that is not cool.