NGS - Multiweapon

Hello I hope I'm in the right place. This is a NGS question.

I'm a Gunner/Fighter main and I have a question about multi weapons.

Suppose I want to make a multi weapon. I have twin machine guns with augments already, Lv 3 potential and a lv 3 fixa. I know I need one of the same kind of a fighter weapon.

My question is will the multi weapon inherit everything from my twin machine guns? If a fighter weapon like knuckles that has it's own affixes and a fixa as well, which fixa would get used? How do they come together basically?

Thanks! I just need to make sure so I don't lose my weapon or something.

When making a multi-weapon, all enhancements, augments, and fixas on the base will stay put, everything but the PAs/techs from the fodder will be lost (the attacks will be added to the merged build).

I recommend using a weapon with no enhancements, augments, or fixas as the fodder part when making a multi-weapon since it will save on resources, since that stuff will be wiped out after the merge.

Thanks so much! One more thing - does the fodder weapon have to be of my class or subclass? Can I use a wand instead of knuckles if my subclass is fighter? I'm guessing the PAs/Techs like foie would not carry over without being a Fo or Te subclass.

If you use a weapon that is not related to your main or sub classes, you will only gain the normal attack and weapon action, since the PAs and techs require the appropriate class to use them.

OK thanks again!