Server lag has returned to NGS launch levels

Ship 4. PSE Climax bosses standing still for 10 seconds at a time. Minerals breaking only after 5-6 seconds, etc.

I hope the Global team is actually aware of this. Because it is so bad I find myself idling in Central and browsing YouTube, hoping for it to recover and only ending up logging off disappointed.

Can we expect an improvement within this week? Or at least some kind of acknowledgement and confirmation that something is being done about it?

Probably has a lot to do with the web event and Gigantix. First Gigantix brought people back, then the web link. I always had no doubt that the only thing they did to fix any amount of lag was run people off xD Events tend to bring people back.

@AngryRhombus563

There are less people playing than ever, so it has nothing to do with that. The servers are just complete garbage.

The event and Gigantix haven't bought people back to the game, it's put more people off. Steam has gone from just under 60k players to just under 7k as I type.

We are reaching the same amount of players that we had when people stopped playing PSO2 because NGS was about to release. I just wonder how much more it needs to drop before people open their eyes and realise something is very wrong with this game.

@HermitST i would disagre. my ship saw 3 blocks become fully populated when gigatix dropped alone.

@AngryRhombus563 said in Server lag has returned to NGS launch levels:

@HermitST i would disagre. my ship saw 3 blocks become fully populated when gigatix dropped alone.

That isn't many people though. There are always a few blocks full on each server. I don't know how many people can be held in each block, but in PSO2 it was 250, I wouldn't be surprised if it was around that much in NGS too.

Also, disagree as much as you like, it doesn't change the fact that Steam's player numbers have only gone down since the event and Gigantix started. If Steam's players are going down, you can be sure the others are dropping as well.

Specific blocks getting filled can be pretty misleading when you get content like gigantix that rewards the population for grouping up in huge numbers, since that'll cause people to just naturally congregate in the more populated blocks until they fill up, instead of the more spread out pop we had before.

If the game has 50 blocks, you could fill 3 of them from 0 to 100% with only seeing a ~6% drop in the other 47 blocks' pops, which wouldn't be very noticeable, but you'd still think "dang look at those 3 blocks that filled, that's crazy" even though the pop hasn't actually increased at all.