Disgusted by certain players!

@Mattwo7 said in Disgusted by certain players!:

They'd advertised themselves as the "worst alliance on Ship 2," and I thought nothing of it.

I thought nothing of that statement, because in an anime game, who wouldn't advertise themselves as the "worst alliance on ship 2" if it sounded cool? Again, normalized behavior on a server where such behavior was already commonplace.

What curiosity? If it was just more of the same to you, then why would you care?

Because at that moment in time, I was looking for a group of people to play with, and given what went on regularly in ship 2, my suspicions were raised but not enough to dissuade my curiosity because I couldn't figure out who these people were, really. I thought it was all just a joke given all the toxic behavior that went on on Ship 2, and then realized once I saw what they were up to there (in their discord) that they actually were extremists and genuine racists.

@Ranmaru said in Disgusted by certain players!:

@Vicodin-Villian My point is: Why the hell were you looking at their Discord? Especially if your intent was to just shrug them off?

Not for nothing but it actually sounds like you're making this all up.

I don't think he'd openly say that out loud to then contradict himself if he was.

Obvious lies are often overlooked by like-minded individuals. Clearly if Vicodin is lying as I suspect, then they either had the wrong impression of me or is too used to getting away with it. Probably the later. There's of course another possibility that's best left kept to myself, such accusations are hardly called for.

I'm curious what you mean by the bolded. I'm assuming that if he is what you say, and had the wrong impression of you, why state that openly? That's what I'm getting at. I also think it's important to consider what alliance and content they seemed to ignore before continuing with this line of questioning. (Which I am missing context about)

Obvious lies are often overlooked by like-minded individuals. Clearly if Vicodin is lying as I suspect, then they either had the wrong impression of me or is too used to getting away with it. Probably the later. There's of course another possibility that's best left kept to myself, such accusations are hardly called for.

@Vicodin-Villian said in Disgusted by certain players!:

Because at that moment in time, I was looking for a group of people to play with, and given what went on regularly in ship 2, my suspicions were raised but not enough to dissuade my curiosity

I guess the problem here is that I can't relate to your situation. I'd never be that desperate to find a group to play with, I'm sure better alternatives existed too, why didn't you try to find one instead of accepting the first one presented to you?

I frankly find the whole thing very baffling.

@Kedlin313 said in Disgusted by certain players!:

It's not exacty some hardcore stuff, a flash of boob here and there, while juvenile, rreally isn't something to get my panties all twisted up over. That said, there's so many blocks, just pick the smallest populated ones and there'll be barely anyone around.

Exactly this, Have two young kids in the house and I Just avoid being in block 1-3 lobbies during the day when they are awake and haven't bumped into anything that I wouldn't want them to see.

Yes its a slight inconvenience but if you are sensitive or have younger people in the house with you it's gonna be like this with any online platform that involves interacting with other people.

Even though it is against the ToS it nothing more than naive if you think everyone is going to follow those and in the long term it's much more productive to find a way to avoid it rather than getting worked up about it and fighting a never ending fight because for each one banned/suspended another 5 will pop up.

I'd never be that desperate to find a group to play with, I'm sure better alternatives existed too, why didn't you try to find one instead of accepting the first one presented to you?

At that time I was that desperate, and had little better to do with my time, to the point that I was looking for any excuse to continue playing the game. So I took the first option that was presented, and realized quite quickly that I had indeed chosen very, very poorly indeed.

@Bl4h said in Disgusted by certain players!:

Exactly this, Have two young kids in the house and I Just avoid being in block 1-3 lobbies during the day when they are awake and haven't bumped into anything that I wouldn't want them to see.

I don't think you can guarantee that that will be the case all the time, though, which is part of the reason such policies are in place.

It's also naive to believe someone wouldn't get banned for going against TOS. For your own enjoyment, turn them off. Yet for staff responsible of the reputation of the game, they should ban/punish anyone not following TOS. Simple as that. /Thread

@FluffyShinobi said in Disgusted by certain players!:

@Kedlin313 finally some common sense

to much in fact XD

For your own enjoyment, turn them off.

This isn't a solution, though, because once updates like the challenge system and challenge lobbies come into use, and the challenge shop gets added, players will need symbol arts to communicate strategies due to the speed of action needed to avoid some party wipes. Hence, turning off symbol arts entirely would mean that players might miss out on critical information while in a challenge scenario.

While that's a specific scenario, it's a scenario where opting out has the possibility of costing the player and their party significant rewards. Of course, not turning those off requires the user to manually block each and every offending piece of symbol art, so it's a bit of a conundrum.

I think the problem here is, that we can't control anyone but ourselves. You can't manage everyone's behavior to be what you want it to be as an individual. It's not the solution, but it is an option to consider. Unless there is some sort of automatic filter that they can implement, I'm not sure.

I think the problem here is, that we can't control anyone but ourselves. You can't manage everyone's behavior to be what you want it to be as an individual. It's not the solution, but it is an option to consider. Unless there is some sort of automatic filter that they can implement, I'm not sure.

An automatic filter would be the best option, but that means thousands of hours of machine-learning and training an AI to recognize what is and isn't offensive. That may be an expense that's not worth it in the long run.

This, sadly, means that certain lobbies will need to be avoided for the time-being.

I personally enjoy symbol arts. They're a legitimate form of communication and I've seen some really great ones on the Japanese servers and I'm sure that will be the case when the PC version releases and people have access to image file to SA conversion software and people transfer their SA files from the Japanese version.

af0fd8dbf8f592241ef5112b0f11f85d.png

(I made the top left one myself, the rest are ones I found in stores or my SA history, mine's not the best but I do like what I did with the "PSE Badge")

I shouldn't be forced to turn them off just because some aholes abuse them.

Well, your options are limited if you don't want to see them. I think that's what we are getting at. You shouldn't have to resort to the option of turning it off, but we can't control others that want to abuse the system. Then only afterwards will they get punished. If there were some sort of filter that bans in the very moment they do, that might be helpful. Yet it seems it might be too difficult to implement?

(I made the top left one myself, the rest are ones I found in stores or my SA history, mine's not the best but I do like what I did with the "PSE Badge") I shouldn't be forced to turn them off just because some aholes abuse them.

I also have that neptunia symbol art saved. It's one of my favorites, and I'm also of the same opinion; I don't want to have to turn off the system just because a few individuals insist on abusing it for nefarious ends.