Disgusted by certain players!

@AnamanaAU I don't think "lewd" is extreme enough to voilate the ToS based on the terminology used. Unless of course the character is underage-presenting, that might be an issue.

@Mattwo7 I think that's a matter of context tbh. Lewd in the sense of the ahegao spam should be fine imo, but you can get lewd right up to the cusp of nudity and at that point some would probably consider it more reasonable to say it's against ToS.

In all honesty, I would think that when you block certain SAs (it asks the reason why you blocked it) that the staff would be able to use it's unique ID code to see who created it as well as who has posted it and just take action from there.

If it has a unique code (which it does) it should be able to be matched to player IDs.

I think, earlier in this thread even, that someone said it does report it when you block symbol arts. I'm not sure how valid that is, and I can see a lot of flaws with that. Anyone who hates that spongebob fish dude with the drink can essentially report people for a harmless meme symbol art if that's the case. The GMs would probably not act on those reports, but it would quickly turn into a boy who cried wolf kinda scenario from people just casually blocking stuff they find annoying, versus the stuff that's got racism and/or nudity in it.

@DkP-Godslayer I would hope it isn't automated and is actually reviewed by human eyes.

Automated penalties are notoriously abused.

Automated penalties would be a nightmare in this situation. That said they would also be the only way to actually sift through the shit that is all the auto-reports from people blocking certain annoying symbol arts. Bad for the whole community. Better to just have a separate report function and use that, and have actual people look over it.

@DkP-Godslayer I might test it for science, have my wife and brother report me and see if I automatically get muted.

I'm curious how that'll turn out.

@redPG said in Disgusted by certain players!:

Just turn off symbol arts that's what I did

Oh dear. Just realized. Since i did this, this is why I can't even see my own symbol art that i use to recruit people to my OG PSO Xbox clan.

@DkP-Godslayer said in Disgusted by certain players!:

I'm curious how that'll turn out.

Closest similar situation would be APB Reloaded. F2P title, super niche audience nobody has heard of and no advertising, PC and console platforms (athough APB is a PvP shooter and for obvious reasons not cross-platform), in-game symbol editor, super vague terms of service which allows banning literally anything for any reason up to discretion of GMs.

Having played APB:R since CBT for many years, I can sort of predict how it will likely turn out. Some autismos from Retardera and other underbelly sites of internet will mass report user content they don't like, and by that I mean report everything since they're offended by literally everything, GMs will swing the banhammer around. This will accomplish literally nothing, lewds and spicy memes will keep being spammed for all eternity until servers closing day. I am highly amused about these crusades against windmills, and I have my popcorn ready just in case but the chance of major happenings is pretty darn low.

Most symbol art I see comes straight from the jp servers. Though it tickles me to be end when people act offended over it. Just move to another lobby. Of report it. And if months later it's still there get over it? Not to be mean but lord knew when it dropped over here there would be that would post stuff from early jp side days

@Havox3 said in Disgusted by certain players!:

super niche audience nobody has heard of and no advertising

super vague terms of service which allows banning literally anything for any reason up to discretion of GMs.

Well at least PSO2 already has a one up on all of that. I think in the case of advertising but it's getting a lot of attention on social media, including YouTube and Twitch which are the two most important platforms for video game visibility.

Things don't work the way they used to, a niche title can basically sell itself these days as long as it has a strong dedicated fanbase already (of note, APB was a new IP). A lot of niche fandoms are suddenly becoming more mainstream these days, even tokusatsu.

@Mattwo7 said in Disgusted by certain players!:

@Havox3 said in Disgusted by certain players!:

super niche audience nobody has heard of and no advertising

super vague terms of service which allows banning literally anything for any reason up to discretion of GMs.

Well at least PSO2 already has a one up on all of that. I think in the case of advertising but it's getting a lot of attention on social media, including YouTube and Twitch which are the two most important platforms for video game visibility.

Things don't work the way they used to, a niche title can basically sell itself these days as long as it has a strong dedicated fanbase already (of note, APB was a new IP). A lot of niche fandoms are suddenly becoming more mainstream these days, even tokusatsu.

Well one thing that will attract new players is the free to play part. Subscriptions are good and all but I find it can limit a player base . Because if I recall both blue burst and PSU had subscription . I just don’t think the smaller player base back then plus sub did it any favours . With PSO2 being free many people are gonna try it cuz it’s free and if they get into it that’s good . At least that what I seem to see these days

And this is why I love PSO mmos the community is fantastic and social (this is not sarcasm) 😉 rather be seeing bad SA pop us than a dead ass lobby.

@Meta77 said in Disgusted by certain players!:

Though it tickles me to be end when people act offended over it. Just move to another lobby.

I think we just went over that "moving to another lobby" is not the best solution, and that it is GM's responsibility to keep to their TOS when they established NA version to remove inappropriate symbol arts. Just moving to another lobby doesn't solve issues. If each lobbies start posting them, you can't move to new block every time someone posts them. Then what, when you are doing an urgent quest and someone spams it, you are going to abandon quest because someone attempted it? No. You'd be reporting it, and you would expect GM to take action ASAP because it is their job and they are getting paid to suspend the players who violate TOS.

And you know what, crusade to swing ban hammer is needed when people can't learn to behave and act like children.