Disgusted by certain players!

@Meta77 said in Disgusted by certain players!:

No what im saying is that its been around since the early days of gaming. All you can do is report it and move on. Making threads saying how disgusting it is does what exactly. Let the mods know something they im sure already know exist in a game. Report it, stop whining, and play the game.

It's not the only option, it's just the one that annoys you the least. The Publisher should know we care about this, so that they don't tolerate garbage.

Fun fact, Ubisoft permabans people for human-confirmed racial slurs in R6 Siege, and I never see that stuff above entry ranks since they started doing that. I'm not advocating for any particular solution, but what I am saying is that it can easily be done. [Edit for clarification]

Sexual harassment continues because of this mentality.

"Don't like it? Just ignore it cause it has always happened."

@PointBlankX79 said in Disgusted by certain players!:

No what im saying is that its been around since the early days of gaming. All you can do is report it and move on. Making threads saying how disgusting it is does what exactly. Let the mods know something they im sure already know exist in a game. Report it, stop whining, and play the game.

It's not the only option, it's just the one that annoys you the least. The Publisher should know we care about this, so that they don't tolerate garbage.

Fun fact, Ubisoft permabans people for han-confirmed racial slurs in R6 Siege, and I never see that stuff above entry ranks since they started doing that. I'm not advocating for any particular solution, but what I am saying is that it can easily be done. [Edit for clarification]

Its Sega Japan and MS i wont hold my breath if Halo MCC still has kids yelling N--in the mic at night on me. At best a filter could work. Noting annoys me. Its just the fact the forums went from day one just talk about ac and in game events to this.

I'm aware that it's been around since the beginning of gaming. That doesn't mean that it should be tolerated, and that it shouldn't be called out at the source. You're asking us to tolerate bigotry in the immediate term because "the moderators will deal with it."

Moreover, if you are who you claim to be, then I'm surprised that you're not taking a stronger stance against precisely that sort of behavior by expressing your concern in that respect, as this is precisely what this venue is for. Telling people to effectively "report it and shut up, there's nothing more you can do" gives space for the very sort of rulebreaking behavior you also claim to be against. By all means, we should advocate for tighter controls, if that makes enforcement of the ToS more effective. even if that means taking the same measures that FFXIV took.

@Vicodin-Villian said in Disgusted by certain players!:

I'm aware that it's been around since the beginning of gaming. That doesn't mean that it should be tolerated, and that it shouldn't be called out at the source. You're asking us to tolerate bigotry in the immediate term because "the moderators will deal with it."

Moreover, if you are who you claim to be, then I'm surprised that you're not taking a stronger stance against precisely that sort of behavior by expressing your concern in that respect, as this is precisely what this venue is for. Telling people to effectively "report it and shut up, there's nothing more you can do" gives space for the very sort of rulebreaking behavior you also claim to be against. By all means, we should advocate for tighter controls, if that makes enforcement of the ToS more effective. even if that means taking the same measures that FFXIV took.

I take the stance cause ive faced it since childhood. Noting will mentally mess you up more than wanting to take your best friend to prom and her dad saying shell never go with no N-- long as im alive stance. And noting has changed. So you eventually grow to hate it to the point you either become num to it or just choose to ignore it. Sure go ahead and demand tougher things. For me I do not beleive it will change is why i take my "odd stance as you say

Fun fact, Ubisoft permabans people for han-confirmed racial slurs in R6 Siege, and I never see that stuff above entry ranks since they started doing that. I'm not advocating for any particular solution, but what I am saying is that it can easily be done. [Edit for clarification]

Its Sega Japan and MS i wont hold my breath if Halo MCC still has kids yelling N--in the mic at night on me. At best a filter could work. Noting annoys me. Its just the fact the forums went from day one just talk about ac and in game events to this.

I mean, you certainly are annoyed enough to take a stance that's functionally hard to distinguish against the usual anonomized slur-enabling garbage on the internet. Your personal experiences are your own, but even taken at face value, they don't hold a lot of sway against the goal of cracking down on awful symbol arts.

It can be done, and it has been done. People speaking up is one way to push providers and platforms to take this seriously. If you don't believe it's possible to change, nothing annoys you, and you believe these symbol arts are bad enough to try to stop... then why are you randomly talking about Kotaku and getting into arguments and saying we're whiny? Maybe you're not being completely genuine with us?

@Vicodin-Villian said in Disgusted by certain players!:

I take the stance cause ive faced it since childhood. Noting will mentally mess you up more than wanting to take your best friend to prom and her dad saying shell never go with no N-- long as im alive stance. And noting has changed. So you eventually grow to hate it to the point you either become num to it or just choose to ignore it. Sure go ahead and demand tougher things. For me I do not beleive it will change is why i take my "odd stance as you say

So, if that is the case, you're essentially saying that because you got hurt, everyone else shouldn't advocate or try.

Sorry, but no. If enough people speak up, speak out, and take action, especially in a location for which this is intended, change can be made. That's the intent here.

I mean, you certainly are annoyed enough to take a stance that's functionally hard to distinguish against the usual anonomized slur-enabling garbage on the internet. Your personal experiences are your own, but even taken at face value, they don't hold a lot of sway against the goal of cracking down on awful symbol arts.

It can be done, and it has been done. People speaking up is one way to push providers and platforms to take this seriously. If you don't believe it's possible to change, nothing annoys you, and you believe these symbol arts are bad enough to try to stop... then why are you randomly talking about Kotaku and getting into arguments and saying we're whiny? Maybe you're not being completely genuine with us?

And the truth is, I don't really care at this point. I've said everything I believe I needed to.

I am not being sarcastic when I say I hope you're doing well and staying safe. I hope you get to see a PSO2 it sounds like we might both be more comfortable in. Be careful out there.

I think everyone should realize that the culture in NA will be vastly different from JP. I think it's perfectly fair for a player to complain about behavior they find uncomfortable, or anything they have a concern about. Of course, I also do agree that, on an individual basis, we can only report such behavior. We cannot control it. It doesn't mean we shouldn't discuss it however, because it keeps the problem stagnant. If a person wants to tolerate symbol arts with racist language, then that just means they don't respect those races enough to care.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Disgusted by certain players!:

@PointBlankX79 your response is wasted on him, I'm afraid.

This is someone telling us to stop complaining about it because the GMs are handling reports, yet complained across multiple threads about the PC release and the height "censorship".

I guess his complaints are OK to bring to a public forum, but complaints against things he relishes are not OK.

Please do continue to complain if you really want to waste your time, but you're delusional if you think this will make them ban people any faster than they already are or think this will get any more bodies put on the GM team.

Its funny you mention that because I was getting deja vu about the censorship issue from back then lol. All those people that downplayed me or at least my side/stance on the issue because it didn't affect them. Looks like there's finally something that tripped their trigger lol. Knowing the issue you have now will always be an issue no matter how much QQing occurs is exactly like knowing the censorship was never going to get reverted no matter how many were opposed to it. I'm just trying to save you all some time best spent playing as I know firsthand how much lobbying for change actually changes. 😛

I gotta say though, hot dang is it nice to part of that "it doesn't affect me thus it isn't a problem" group in this case. Its real cozy on this side.

I am just here making the community aware that Microsoft will dish out much more effective punishment.

I almost feel sorry for those who think they won't face repercussions because they got used to JP. I won't lose sleep or stress over people ignoring the rules, I will just refer them to the appropriate channels and continue to enjoy the game.

I’m sorry but I’m going to be setting this post on ignore it’s no longer a discussion just but now people want to throw blame at each other at the point this has turned I feel like this post should just be locked, we have already had a GM make a statement and it wasn’t to everyone’s liking, it’s been said a bunch of times that both Sega and Microsoft will try and deal with these issues and there are tools at the players disposal to also deal with it the sad fact is there will always be someone that will do everything in their power to make sure they can ruin someone else’s fun, I hope someday everyone in here will enjoys this game together.

Everyone Goodday

I am just here making the community aware that Microsoft will dish out much more effective punishment.

I almost feel sorry for those who think they won't face repercussions because they got used to JP. I won't lose sleep or stress over people ignoring the rules, I will just refer them to the appropriate channels and continue to enjoy the game.

This is basically the best current solution, yes. Take a quick screencap and report their gamertag directly. It's more effective.

@SaviorZero82 said in Disgusted by certain players!:

I’m sorry but I’m going to be setting this post on ignore it’s no longer a discussion just but now people want to throw blame at each other at the point this has turned I feel like this post should just be locked, we have already had a GM make a statement and it wasn’t to everyone’s liking, it’s been said a bunch of times that both Sega and Microsoft will try and deal with these issues and there are tools at the players disposal to also deal with it the sad fact is there will always be someone that will do everything in their power to make sure they can ruin someone else’s fun, I hope someday everyone in here will enjoys this game together.

Everyone Goodday

Agreed, the GMs usually look threads that become this much of a shiftashow, I honestly don't know why this one was an exception.

Thank you for finally supporting this and most of the other people who has defended about the game's poor direction in handling inappropriate people because they were able to get away with it in JP. I feel like -most- of us are on the same page here, for those who have been very vocal about it.

@GM-Rappie @GM-Deynger Thank you for responding back. At least I know GMs agree with the poor behaviors in the game like spamming inappropriate symbol arts and texts are not tolerated as stated in TOS. I just wanted to know how there would be a better solution than just muting them 24 hours because that's just going to cause the more to behave poorly whining about how GMs muted them.

We all want to play a game and try to create more contents through social media by streaming and recording and encourage more players. Just because it is rated M doesn't mean it allows everyone to go crazy about how they should speak in the game. Just because it is NA region doesn't mean freedom of speech is placed on hold.

Anyways, since GMs answered the part about how to report these players and that it is still considered violation against TOS, an answer is better than no answer.