Hunting Dread Monsters is frustrating and way too time consuming

By now, everyone knows the main spawn points for dread monsters and because of that, it is getting harder and harder to find one to kill, trying to do the daily quest to kill one is taking longer and longer to do, having to travel from channel to channel and hunt around to actually find to kill is frankly harder now than actually fighting it.

Sega we need private rooms asap

that's because you are doing the worst way possible, just wait in the same room you are if they are already dead in a region it doesn't take too long for then to spawn and you spend more time changing rooms to get then, also if you do it in North Aelio is much easier their spawn points are easier to reach.

I made the same mistake the first day this event started, because it was like 2 hours until reset, and I wanted to get that extra day of dailies in.

From the second day onwards, I just went on my daily routine, doing the rounds in the maps gathering minerals and whatnot, and every day I find a starred veteran fight in progress and join in to get my daily done. In fact I think yesterday I ran into 3 starred vet fight in progress this way.

If you enter a new instace where you're alone, it's reasonable to assume that the dread enemies would spawn and fill up the map just like all other enemies do. Sadly, some dumbass decided that they won't and you need to wait for their entire respawn timer. I've explored an entire region and found all things i'm looking for in there while waiting for one to respawn and i still need to stand around for minutes after that. It doesn't matter how long it actually takes, it's just idiotic to have to stand around doing nothing. "Kill random enemies" you might say, but since they have nothing i need, why would i?

@Yggranya said in Hunting Dread Monsters is frustrating and way too time consuming:

If you enter a new instace where you're alone, it's reasonable to assume that the dread enemies would spawn and fill up the map just like all other enemies do. Sadly, some dumbass decided that they won't and you need to wait for their entire respawn timer. I've explored an entire region and found all things i'm looking for in there while waiting for one to respawn and i still need to stand around for minutes after that. It doesn't matter how long it actually takes, it's just idiotic to have to stand around doing nothing. "Kill random enemies" you might say, but since they have nothing i need, why would i?

I know, and this was another point that is making NGS suck. This game is rapidly becoming a 2nd job, Sega is forcing you to be online at very specific times so you can do your daily quests or events, there is no global set timer for the respawns, so if you log in and want to kill a dread monster you could be waiting 5 minutes or well over an hour literally doing nothing but wait, this is not a good design.

We need either private instances, or a mission counter where we can spawn our own missions like in PSo2 - I have things to do so I'm not going to wait around for storms or respawns for mobs, Sega please stop this asinine practice as it does not help NGS at all, it is counter-productive.

You will not be waiting over an hour for a dread monster unless you keep changing areas or blocks. They spawn after a set amount of time after the last kill in the room or after creation of the room.

As @Weirdo says, vets spawn into a room ~10 minutes after room creation and then respawn ~10 min after being killed.

Dread to say what a keeper of the dread have to go through finding more dread.

As others have said - I was unaware that waiting ten to fifteen minutes for a Veteran to respawn was considered "Too time consuming" now, and turns NGS into a "Second Job".

It almost sounds like you're mistaking the Veterans for Gigantix due to the quest's name - you're not going after the big guys, you're going after the quickly respawning Veternans. Just pick a zone of your choice, track the daily, go about your other tasks, maybe do some Grinder hunting or grab some extra resources, and wait a whole ten minutes for the Veteran to respawn, which the game will conviently mark on your map since you're tracking the quest.

Run over to said Veteran, murder it, and you're done. The extra two dailies this event added has made my usual ten minute daily routine take all of five minutes longer, how horrible. I have no idea where you're getting this "Wait two hours" thing from.

Try either North or South Aelio sectors. These two have very close spawn point for dread enemies

South is very close between spawn, only to separated by height but easily bypass with the elevated devices. North required a bit running around, kind of pain in the ass with Varas as it's the farthest from other 3

Don't bother with West or Central as they are too far apart, aside the two Bansher which separated by height in West

Another advice is don't spent time looking for dread, spent your time farming Note materials (good meseta source if you have shop pass), by the time you reach the spawn point of dread while killing everything on the path, it's likely to spawn there already. Or wait in gigantic room in North Aelio, use those time between giga hunt to farm dread instead. Do not waste time to hunt them down as main objective, treat them as a side task instead

I've had no issue completing these. I go to North Aelio, search for a room with 32 players or close to it and run around. Other people are running around shouting when one is up and I just jump in and kill it. Gets done faster because of the other players. Usually takes 5 min or less to find then kill.