Sega and the Devs Don't Care About NA

LOL @ trying to determine everyone's spending habits, because of what they think they know of people's finances. Speak for yourselves.

Kinda just want to bump this thread after seeing a new lootbox "AC scratch" added but no new content or even a hint of a vague roadmap on the horizon. I'm happy for the fashion players, but it is starting to feel foolish to play this game for the actual game side of it.

@LockeKosta Gonna be honest with you , If you are not having fun while most others i play with are , Maybe this just isnt your game? But far as I remember PSO was always a socializing game with lobys of people chillin showin of their characters and grinding for the uber rare items in the same content over and over again... You know the basic archtype of this game..

@VaricBreem said in Sega and the Devs Don't Care About NA:

@LockeKosta Gonna be honest with you , If you are not having fun while most others i play with are , Maybe this just isnt your game? But far as I remember PSO was always a socializing game with lobys of people chillin showin of their characters and grinding for the uber rare items in the same content over and over again... You know the basic archtype of this game..

PSO was never a "socializing game" people socialized because the game had less content than the back sticker of a hand sanitizer bottle.

It did not have any particular feature that induced socializing over any other game, in fact, quite the contrary, it had less social features than the majority of of contemporary MMO.

The reason why we originally stuck with it was because, for most console players, PSO was all we had when it came to online interaction so we stuck with it because it was all we had to sate our online/mmorpg hunger.

Do not get me wrong, i personally love our little old PSO and i have lots of lovely memories, and made tons of my longest term friends on PSO, but that was not because the game was particularly designed for it.

I checked just to be sure, the title isn't Second Life or Coke Music and the core gameplay loop advertised isnt sitting in a lobby acting like an avatared version of Twitter. Pretty sure I'm not mistaken and it's meant to be a combat-focused mmo with an endgame.

@IfrianMMO said in Sega and the Devs Don't Care About NA:

PSO was never a "socializing game" people socialized because the game had less content than the back sticker of a hand sanitizer bottle.

I'm curious, which versions of PSO versions did you play?

I keep trying to think of a reason they wouldn't communicate but I have nothing. There is truly no benefit to keeping your mouth shut and acting like a certain b word when people ask.

We have no additional information to provide Can't say if it's being worked on? Can't say the priority? Can't say if there will be a beta or why you deleted tweets regarding beta rewards for PC users?

Really can't say any of that just going to sit their like a hotty you know what and just watch people lose interest and give up hope? Management or PR for this company needs to be slapped

@DKGJustus said in Sega and the Devs Don't Care About NA:

@IfrianMMO said in Sega and the Devs Don't Care About NA:

I'm curious, which versions of PSO versions did you play?

Literally all of them starting with the Dreamcast version and including the major private servers once PSO died.

Same goes with PSU and PSP games, including the beta, and excluding INFINITY, which never got an English release.

@ThisTuesday said in Sega and the Devs Don't Care About NA:

I keep trying to think of a reason they wouldn't communicate but I have nothing. There is truly no benefit to keeping your mouth shut and acting like a certain b word when people ask.

We have no additional information to provide Can't say if it's being worked on? Can't say the priority? Can't say if there will be a beta or why you deleted tweets regarding beta rewards for PC users?

Really can't say any of that just going to sit their like a hotty you know what and just watch people lose interest and give up hope? Management or PR for this company needs to be slapped

You say that like it's ESTSoft's fault and not Sega Japan's.

@Mattwo7 If you do business with people it's part of the responsibility you accept. No one is blameless and all blame is shared when there is a failing between parties. If they got a raw deal it was something agreed to and if they agreed to not say anything without it being approved by SEGA then I think they should fire whoever signed that contract

What's that got to do with ESTsoft? The information the community team can give is about as good as the information they are given. If Sega of Japan gave them no information on the PC version.... then they have no info. If Sega of Japan told them to withhold information on the PC version for now... then they gotta do so lest they be fired. Literally, if you have issues with how things are communicated... bring it up to the SOURCE of the information (SEGA of Japan) and NOT the messenger boy (ESTsoft).

@Mattwo7 If you do business with people it's part of the responsibility you accept. No one is blameless and all blame is shared when there is a failing between parties. If they got a raw deal it was something agreed to and if they agreed to not say anything without it being approved by SEGA then I think they should fire whoever signed that contract

If they don't agree to that, then SEGA would just find another PR team who will agree to their terms of secrecy...

@Leonkh99 So? and correct me if I'm wrong but EstSoft is doing more than PR such as actually gathering feedback and translations at well. If you are not going to communicate and voice your opinions to the people who's job it is to take in those opinions then what use are they?

@ThisTuesday , then let me correct you...

Sega of Japan is doing the following:

• Porting the game to Xbox One.
  • Doing the changes needed for the NA version.
  • Distributing patch updates.
  • Running the game servers (using the MS Azure Platform)

ESTsoft is doing the following:

• Provides GMs.
  • Communicates news that Sega of Japan tells them (if there is no news, there's nothing to communicate)
  • Provides Customer Support (through Sega of Japan since they run the servers, so any account related issues would get passed to Sega of Japan to deal with)
  • Handles the social media accounts.
  • Has an INTERNAL translator for communication with Sega of Japan but are in no way involved in the game's localization.

Localization goes to...

Lionbridge Technologies and a team of freelance translators who were contracted.

also, who's to say ESTsoft isn't voicing our opinion? Are you sure the issue is moreso, Sega of Japan not listening to the opinions or unwilling to change whatever plans they had?

@ThisTuesday The problem is that you're trying to pin undue blame on ESTSoft for a lack of transparency, it's one thing for them to relay your complaints, it's an entirely different thing for you to complain about them instead of Sega Japan when they don't have a response.

@Leonkh99 If they are that's fantastic then I have no need to go to learn Japanese and voice my complaints Sega of Japan and we can continue to voice our opinion. When opinions are voiced by the way no one is calling out ESTsoft when they say they are unhappy they are talking about the whole. If ESTSoft is actually communicating that's fantastic but there is no reason to let up.

@Mattwo7 correct me if I'm wrong but I've never called out ESTSoft except for when people said ESTSoft.