Sega and the Devs Don't Care About NA

@Ranmaru did you literally say you would rather the game not have a basic feature available to everyone?

@WhiteKnightBlsm said in Sega and the Devs Don't Care About NA:

@Ranmaru did you literally say you would rather the game not have a basic feature available to everyone?

Well the game technically doesn't even need it, since everything can be obtained by everyone, even playing casual. In most other MMOs, especially free2plays, you would need to be hardcore to get everything or spend real money for it. Weapons and the like aren't really worth buying, either, since you can make any weapon viable that is easily obtainable, especially since NA only has newtype weapons.

@Ragnawind your missing the point here Its not about if the game needs it or not, we passed that point.

Its in the game right now. So now the question is do we want the game to gate what is a basic feature in any other game behind a pay wall?

I would say no, most new players are going to see that the second they go to their menu and think "this game is a cash grab because i cant even trade without paying them money".

Thats not a good thing for a player to feel.

I am saying what others MMOs do don't matter. Trading is fine as is. I can give you skill trees, but it is still not a big deal. It is not good to try to put trading as a core aspect of the game.

You don't play PSO2 to trade. Trading is an extra convenience, not a basic need. If it weren't there, the game would be fine either way. Since, the game is fun.

Also understand, that with the nature of how some of the grinds work (like with Zieg in the current JP build), it would mitigate how hard it is for people to obtain some of the best weapons and armor in the game. (though I know a lot of the required items are "un-tradeable") They have extensive requirements between having max grind weapons, catalysts, stones/ pyroxenes, etc. If you traded half of that, too many people would have potent items. I would say at this point, the availability of trade is as much a balance aspect as much as it is a convenient side-benefit of having premium.

I would honestly be more concerned with the ironing out of bugs and the presence of worthwhile, grind-able content. (Hence this thread)

And is anyone really surprised by this at this point? Thanks for replying at all.

@GM-Deynger hope everyone in your respective space is doing well with everything at the moment.

Outta curiosity, will your team be handling the twitch/mixer accounts when (and if) they ever go live?

Read this as "Our hands are tied and we can only give news or information that's approved to give, despite our feelings otherwise."

And honestly, commenting on this post alone is a step in the right direction.

@LockeKosta thank you for writing this for starters. Im not a game dev but ive plaued alot of mmo's in my time and it feels like pso2 is missing is very important areas.

My current major complaints are about:

1. Skill tree respec requires a player to spend money -Its a basic feature in literally all mmo's, they shouldn't be charging people for a basic feature

2. Trading (another basic feature in other games) is gated off to plauer who spend money -this is another basic feature that all mmo's just let their plauers do.

Cosmetic stuff is 100% fair game. Want to extend your inventory space or maybe or bank space for a couple bucks? 100% fair

But to ask players to shell out money for literally the most basic of features is beyond not okay.

They are trying to sell this game and its content to a western audience and the reality of the west is that if players start at lvl 1 and look at their inventory and see they cant trade without shelling out money, they are just going to uninstall instantly.

Ive had 3 friends already do this. People dont like feeling forced into a purchase for something that comes standard everywhere else.

imo this game is great and all, but this game is not marketed to begginers but veterans from jp servers as is. i really want to play this , but we are getting mashed with 8 years of content (diluded in patches until we catch up), people that played before in jp will blaze trough the content and control the market . my prediction is NA server population will be high on release then falter as soon as the quality of life like trading and skill respec catch up to players. i think NA players are less forgiving than JP in monetization (say gacha system ex.)

@oscargg i think your assessment is right which is why im so afraid for the game just dying if they dont make these changes.

In the west most consumers dont have money to spend on literally every little system in the game and we have a far lower tolerance for it.

People just plat out wont play if things dont change.

@oscargg said in Sega and the Devs Don't Care About NA:

@LockeKosta thank you for writing this for starters. Im not a game dev but ive plaued alot of mmo's in my time and it feels like pso2 is missing is very important areas.

My current major complaints are about:

1. Skill tree respec requires a player to spend money -Its a basic feature in literally all mmo's, they shouldn't be charging people for a basic feature

2. Trading (another basic feature in other games) is gated off to plauer who spend money -this is another basic feature that all mmo's just let their plauers do.

Cosmetic stuff is 100% fair game. Want to extend your inventory space or maybe or bank space for a couple bucks? 100% fair

But to ask players to shell out money for literally the most basic of features is beyond not okay.

They are trying to sell this game and its content to a western audience and the reality of the west is that if players start at lvl 1 and look at their inventory and see they cant trade without shelling out money, they are just going to uninstall instantly.

Ive had 3 friends already do this. People dont like feeling forced into a purchase for something that comes standard everywhere else.

imo this game is great and all, but this game is not marketed to begginers but veterans from jp servers as is. i really want to play this , but we are getting mashed with 8 years of content (diluded in patches until we catch up), people that played before in jp will blaze trough the content and control the market . my prediction is NA server population will be high on release then falter as soon as the quality of life like trading and skill respec catch up to players. i think NA players are less forgiving than JP in monetization (say gacha system ex.)

you clearly haven't seen people play mobile games.. people LOVE gacha systems because it's gambling. it may not pay you back but it's still gambling.

I do agree that people who have played jp for the last 8 years will have an advantage but that's because they chose to play. but at the same time there are literally HUNDREDS of guides that you can follow for everything. Honestly if you take the time to read the guides or hell even watch the video's on youtube. You'll be fine.

@UneasyCheese8 the "what about"-ism doesnt help your case

Most players are going to walk into the game, go to their skill tree (which is a main quest and one of the first things they do), theyll see it cost money to reset your skill tree and then uninstall before they hit lvl 10.

If thats what you want for the game, for it to be dead in 3 months as it builds a reputation for being a cash grab then fine, you can have that.

But when the game shuts down you cant complain after.

Im asking for the bare minimum and western audiences have very low tolerance at large for the pay walling of basic features.

That isn't the bare minimum, and players uninstalling due to that is a stretch. It isn't something that would give players frustration. You are asking for more than is needed.

@WhiteKnightBlsm in worst case scenario NA servers become the new "ship 2" from jp servers (NA playerbase playing in japan servers) . and even then i think its a win to SEGA because i think veteran players will try and power farm , and spend a bunch of money thinking ahead.

@oscargg i honestly dont get why they defend it so hard.

Like i challenge them to go play eso or ff: arr or warframe and tell me that having core features locked behind a pay wall is a good thing.

Those games are doing great because they respect their players, not because they nickel and dime them.

I wish they would understand that asking a dev to respect its players time and money isnt a big ask.