Sega and the Devs Don't Care About NA

@LockeKosta said in Sega and the Devs Don't Care About NA:

And as a dev I know, metaphorically speaking of course, that you can't fix a bug if no one speaks up and points it out.

This is very true, and we welcome your constructive feedback and the overall discussion it encourages between community members. So thank you, all.

@LockeKosta I'll stick with what I said. Just because everything isn't going how we hoped or whatever, doesn't mean they don't care about us at all. Gaming is a business, and has been that way. So I never said you were wrong or right. I just said this was an opinion. All I know is I am having fun playing this game with my IRL and gaming friends.

A lot of people argued that there was no need for a beta and they should just go to full release. That has proven to be false. They needed the BETA. I think most of these drawn out posts come down to those not being able to play right now, vs those that can. Regardless of the history and present scenarios.

@Toy-Soldier-Ken said in Sega and the Devs Don't Care About NA:

@LockeKosta I'll stick with what I said. Just because everything isn't going how we hoped or whatever, doesn't mean they don't care about us at all. Gaming is a business, and has been that way. So I never said you were wrong or right. I just said this was an opinion. All I know is I am having fun playing this game with my IRL and gaming friends.

A lot of people argued that there was no need for a beta and they should just go to full release. That has proven to be false. They needed the BETA. I think most of these drawn out posts come down to those not being able to play right now, vs those that can. Regardless of the history and present scenarios.

Sega JP had repeatedly said there is no business in the west for this game and refused to even acknowledge they could be wrong. Microsoft threw money at them and so far JP sega is eating their pride over their statements about the west.

Sega JP and many JP gaming companies don't really care much for us.

I agree with many points but won't take the time to reference what I do and don't agree with.

The greatest evidence that JP isn't really willing to work with us is the maintenance window and not allowing the community team to inform us of anything tangible.

While in this "build up" phase of creating a larger player base, having the game suddenly not available to connect to during prime gaming hours is not a good model.

Not communicating timelines is also not a good practice when trying to attract more people to the game. SEGA has 100% distance themselves from the play base and put the burden on another entity while also trying their hands.

I enjoy this game, have been waiting for a long time and want it to succeed, but if you lack the ability to put yourself in a new player's shoes, you can't really comment on how well this release is going so far. (General statement to people who pretend everything is fantastic and are just grateful to be able to play)

SEGA wants the commitment of our money, but we really need to see some better commitment practices from SEGA in return.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Sega and the Devs Don't Care About NA:

Not communicating timelines is also not a good practice when trying to attract more people to the game.

As I said before, this was the case before the current global crisis but right now timelines are too malleable as unforeseen issues could pop up because of people getting sick.

@Mattwo7 so for already known dates (Like March 31st) they shouldn't communicate anything due to COVID-19?

And the current circumstances don't really impact much, SEGA has already demonstrated that communicating their intent wasn't in the cards.

Perhaps they should go ahead and remove the PC release of Spring 2020 just to play it safe.

And the current circumstances don't really impact much, SEGA has already demonstrated that communicating their intent wasn't in the cards.

That's besides my point.

Perhaps they should go ahead and remove the PC release of Spring 2020 just to play it safe.

Im sure "spring" is already vague enough, "spring" just started after all, there's still two more months and a few days left. That said, they really should at least update it with a "this might change" disclaimer or just do that though.

"Spring" for game releases is April, May, and June, so technically we haven't even entered it yet.

@Mattwo7 doesn't seem like a good business practice to tell your customers (current and potential), that are currently spending money on your product, that it may fail to deliver in the very near future.

Managing maintenance, databases, services, and infrastructure demands having disaster recovery processes to ensure business continuity. IT is more flexible than most businesses in the ways they can continue forward with normal business operations under the current circumstances we are facing.

For IT related services, it is best to continue communicating your plans as normal with your clients. In the event you cannot meet those plans, you provide a detailed update as to why and how your business is adapting to correct it.

@Mattwo7 doesn't seem like a good business practice to tell your customers (current and potential), that are currently spending money on your product, that it may fail to deliver in the very near future.

Both Nintendo and Square-Enix did this. 6bc05151ca9459f0591ee08bbf772fb5.png

I got that email even though I didn't pre-order the FF7 remake.

@Mattwo7 that is regarding physical distribution of the game, not digital access or distribution.

Haven't similar issues occurred with previous iterations of PSO coming from East to West before? I feel like it's the same circumstance, just a different game. While I love that the game is playable on console now, I can't necessarily say I'm excited at yet another potential instance of:

• weeks/ months/ years behind JP content
  • large windows between content/ fix patches
  • low involvement of the devs with the NA community

Whether Open Beta or Soft Launch, it's still pretty easy to see something of a rough path ahead. Keep in mind, I'm saying this from the perspective of someone (similar to many of you, I'm sure) that has played EP. 1 & 2, BB, PSU/ PSU: AotI and PSO2 JP (from launch).

I just think more communication between JP/ NA and Devs/Players would do a world of good right now.

@GM-Deynger said in Sega and the Devs Don't Care About NA:

@LockeKosta said in Sega and the Devs Don't Care About NA:

And as a dev I know, metaphorically speaking of course, that you can't fix a bug if no one speaks up and points it out.

This is very true, and we welcome your constructive feedback and the overall discussion it encourages between community members. So thank you, all.

earlier someone mentioned something to the effect of you guys either getting information and not being allowed to tell us or you guys not having information at all because homebase doesn't want to give it to you yet.

For the PC release, Which is it? I just want confirmation on if you have a date but aren't allowed to tell us or if you yourselves haven't been told yet.

@UneasyCheese8 said in Sega and the Devs Don't Care About NA:

For the PC release, Which is it? I just want confirmation on if you have a date but aren't allowed to tell us or if you yourselves haven't been told yet.

If they have a date and can't tell us, they can't tell us. Don't take a lack of reply as confirmation as they're not going to tell us either way.