Please remove PSE Level Downs

UPDATE: Please read what @ultimatecalibur said in Please remove PSE Level Downs, for info on PSE Downs.

OLD POST BELOW

My sentiments after rushing from group to group in Mt. Magnus for 20 minutes and seeing the PSE meter go up and down between Lv.2 and Lv.4, then drop to Lv.3 just because a trial was immediately next to a non-trail pack and then to Lv.2, is summed up in one word:

GARBAGE.

PSE Level Downs are garbage, they are bullshit, and they work against the core game loop of this game: to kill mobs.

PSE Downs are making it frustrating to play in pugs and there are no way to lock a room.

Please remove PSE Downs or make it a really rare event, something that happens less than getting event weapon drops.

My 3 grips with this game now:

1. RMT ad spam that pop up in your face even if you try to shut out all player communications. SEGA says it's prohibited but refuses to do anything about it.
  2. Market scalpers that contribute nothing but high inflation. SEGA thinks it's fine and don't even talk about it.
  3. PSE Downs that punish you for killing mobs in a mob grind game. SEGA loves it so much it's part of the core mechanic of the game.

Why does it feel like you go out of your way to make the game frustrating for players?

PSE during normal weather is just extremely funky. They want to say PSE is "Just kill enemies and you will get PSE", but in sunny weather its anything but that. Chasing all the marked groups has a ton of ups and downs in PSE level for no clear reason. If you manage to get to level 4 PSE and get a Trial for that burst, the PSE can randomly drop while youre doing that trial. Frusterating.

They seem to tie weather into it, but far too much. Light rain PSE doesnt seem to drop, and thunder storm PSE will always be either PSE lvl4 or PSE burst. So yea, they should definitely fix daytime farming so PSE doesnt just drop out of nowhere.

@kztm said in Please remove PSE Level Downs:

My 3 grips with this game now:

RMT ad spam that pop up in your face even if you try to shut out all player communications. SEGA says it's prohibited but refuses to do anything about it. Market scalpers that contribute nothing but high inflation. SEGA thinks it's fine and don't even talk about it. PSE Downs that punish you for killing mobs in a mob grind game. SEGA loves it so much it's part of the core mechanic of the game.

Why does it feel like you go out of your way to make the game frustrating for players?

Of your three gripes, only one of them is actually SEGA's fault. There will always be RMT bots regardless of the game. Someone will always try and find a way to amass large amounts of currency which eventually leads to more people doing it to keep up, regardless of the game.

PSE gauge is the only one that SEGA is directly responsible for. Can they take measures against the other two? Sure. Os it as easy as people would like to believe? No. Is it their fault people will find ways to exploit the system? No. If it was easy to counter the exploits or stop them from happening in the first place, they would have done so. And that goes for any developer, not just SEGA.

The answer to your question is: because they do want things to be frustrating. Which is to say, i'll be surprised if the one in charge will be in charge after the defence quest is revealed to be buster quest with a different sheen, a sheen that crumbles for how terrible its gameplay loop will most likely be.

@Furious-0 I absolutely agree RMT is inevitable in any game where tradeable currency is coveted. However, the JP ships don't have the RMT spam problem. I don't understand why NA couldn't do it.

"JP banned China" is not the reason, contrary to the common saying, because vendors can and will do business via VPNs. So what is happening?

I don't demand a completel elimination of RMT, just the spam.

As to scalpers, it's easy. Make items bind to account (become untradable) upon purchase from a Personal Shop. This will absolutely and completely eliminate scalpers. So SEGA is guilty of inaction, or more likely intentionally creating an environment where scalping is allowed, for whatever reason that may be perfectly valid. (Yes, I am aware there are perfectly valid reasons for this situation, but it does facilitate inflation, which always create a bad gaming experience.)

I would certain stop complaining if SEGA would even just come out and say: yes we know JP doesn't have spam, but we cannot do what JP is doing, so just deal with it. And then say: yes we intentionally made it possible to play the market, and regard it as a valid way to enjoy the game, so deal with it.

Even such a response is infinitely better than no response, and SEGA NA is horribly silent on these big problems.

"JP banned China" is not the reason, contrary to the common saying, because vendors can and will do business via VPNs. So what is happening?

VPNs are actually bannable to use for PSO2.

@Weirdo And RMT is bannable. That didn't stop the vendors. 😞

PSE Downs that punish you for killing mobs in a mob grind game. SEGA loves it so much it's part of the core mechanic of the game.

They don't work the way you think they work and you have completely misunderstood the system. Without PSE Downs, Trials and PSE Bursts would be completely ignored to focus on killing as much trash at level 4 as possible. The way the system is set up it actually rewards you for doing the trials as soon as they come up.

• All enemies including Trial Bosses have one or more chances of "dropping" a PSE Up, PSE Down or Trial.
  • After a period of time with no PSE Bursts, PSE Downs will no longer occur. This "no down" period should last long enough for a trial to spawn if enemies are killed.
  • PSE Downs only occur during the cooldown period after a PSE Burst/Climax or after a "no down" period.
  • The system is set up so that the average number of PSE Bursts per hour in a room is between 4 to 6 not accounting for thunderstorms.

With out downs, the optimized loop would likely be the following:

• Kill random trash packs and trials until you get a lvl 4 PSE.
  • Continue Killing random trash packs, ignore Trial targets.

With downs the optimized loop is:

• Kill Trash packs
  • Kill trials when they spawn
  • A Burst will trigger roughly every 5 to 10 minutes ending in a rare boss

The later has much more variance than the former and that is all because PSE downs also exist.

Most folks aren't aware that storms = free PSE burst.

Storms mean Gigantix or free PSE bursts.

@ultimatecalibur Oh thanks for thet details! That's a lot of new info for PSE Levels. I can see the logic in maintaining a perpetual PSE Lv.4 if there are no downs.

Still, seeing PSE Level going from 2 to 4 to 3 to 4 to 2 and then even to 0 is just frustrating. I wish it was implemented to avoid situations where we seem to get more downs than ups, and drop from Lv.4 back to Lv.0 literally in just one pack of 'E' mobs.

Still, seeing PSE Level going from 2 to 4 to 3 to 4 to 2 and then even to 0 is just frustrating. I wish it was implemented to avoid situations where we seem to get more downs than ups, and drop from Lv.4 back to Lv.0 literally in just one pack of 'E' mobs.

The seeming to get more downs than ups is just an illusion due to the 50/50 nature of things. Streaks of 4 heads happen just as often as streaks of 4 tails and one pack is just as likely to make us go from 0 to 4 as it is the opposite. During "down" phases we end up averaging about a 2 on the PSE gauge which quickly turns to 4s during "up" phases and thunderstorms.

@ultimatecalibur IDK about that. I've had several times of grinding in a combat zone of gettting PSE 1, then 2 seconds later 0. PSE 1 again, 2 seconds later back to 0. Repeat like 12 times or so. Then times finally get to PSE 4 by stroke of fortune, and while continuing to rush to clear the <E> marked groups it drops from 4 to 0 steadily with no increases in between. IMO the system makes no sense. They didn't give it any strict rules when they described it. "Just kill everything" they said. It still appears to be on a dice roll every few seconds wheter it just drops level or whether it increases at all.

The only set in stone thing is thunderstorm = locked at PSE 4 with bursts after every trial. Everything else is just weirdness.

i was in a random group that farmed pse bursts constantly, kill mobs, wait for a T to spawn, everyone avoids T, and go spam kill E and mobs until meter reaches 4, then head out quick to T and PSE Bursts, multiple bursts within minutes, if meter is not rising anymore kill T and try again, of course cant get every random people to follow this especially with the event going on trying to collect quick points by killing elemental mobs

@ALmightyGODs This is what you are supposed to do! Most groups only think to rush kill E groups and then go to T and wonder why no PSE happens or don't have 4 marks before the Trial.

The E marker is only a guide and not a given. If you don't have lv4 before a trial, go and kill more trash and avoid the trial until you get 4 and then complete the trial-- you will get a PSE every time! I will go on my own and kill trash groups to raise it 4, as others do the trials and then they will be amazed to get PSE burst.