web link events

About these web link events... I have to ask what Sega was thinking... We're not even to the second panel yet and the week is almost over. I think Sega severely overestimated how many people are actually playing the game (and claims of multiple millions of unique players are clearly exaggerations, probably less than one million total globally). Do you think there's any chance they'll change the web link events to require fewer points per panel, or are we just going to be missing out because Sega was too ambitious with it?

https://pso2.jp/players/event/9th_anniversary_g/webevent/

Each week have different requirement for point gathering. 1st and 3rd week are task based where 1 task = 1 point. Because of the limited amount of tasks and only 2 dailies - point gained is limited.

2nd week is enemy defeated, 1 enemy = 1 point, expect points to increase exponentially.

4th week 1 task = 3 point, 10 enemies = 1 point (Lab + Forest added), 1 UQ = 10 points.

Bit of a bump, but does anyone know why week 2's numbers havent been updated?

It is? try that refresh button?

It's pretty funny how much Sega overestimated this. It just shows that the game is not meeting expectations and doing badly. Who would've thought if you released a rushed unfinished game, it wouldn't do well.

@HarmlessSyan said in web link events:

It is? try that refresh button?

Yesm, this is what I'm seeing atm every time I enter the site, refresh not changing. e94d66c1-ce3c-4f43-aaf5-6bfea1c6ee32-image.png

Is there a japanese event site that is updating?

@Flowen231 said in web link events:

Is there a japanese event site that is updating?

It is a JP site (well, hosted on pso2.jp). There is a JP-language version too but from what I've seen they update concurrently.

It sounds like you've got an issue with a cache. Try opening the site in another browser, or holding the shift key with you refresh the page.

@Flowen231 definitely a you problem then, yesterday the global site says its at 90mil something, right now the global site says its at 131mil

We got through the first 2 in a day, but it seems to have slowed down since they revealed the 3rd reward was going to be 50 Photon Quartz.

I mean seriously, 50 photon Quartz? Players probably have over 1000 of them already.

@HermitST said in web link events:

We got through the first 2 in a day, but it seems to have slowed down since they revealed the 3rd reward was going to be 50 Photon Quartz.

I mean seriously, 50 photon Quartz? Players probably have over 1000 of them already.

For people that's not actively upgrading capsules to use/sell anyways. But for those that are, 50 is really a small number that's barely a drop in the bucket to be a worthwhile reward.

@HarmlessSyan @Miraglyth Ye, seems to be a cache issue. The en site isn't showing me all the information but the japanese page is. Tyty.

Also real talk; they're the most common ore (that I've obtained anyway). I'm almost at 2000 atm, and i'll count later to make sure, but 50 sounds like less than one day's worth.

@Flowen231 said in web link events:

@HarmlessSyan @Miraglyth Ye, seems to be a cache issue. The en site isn't showing me all the information but the japanese page is. Tyty.

Also real talk; they're the most common ore (that I've obtained anyway). I'm almost at 2000 atm, and i'll count later to make sure, but 50 sounds like less than one day's worth.

YOU ARE CORRECT PAST ME!

Before~ a932382c-19e9-456c-9e63-af2ac4b05661-image.png

After daily gather~ a786d048-84e4-4ab5-8a46-6f89d6046ecc-image.png

The 8th panel is just as awful. We can increase the +25% rare drop reward on panel 5 by a further 25%.

I'm starting to wonder if Sega even wants us to play this game......

At least this week only involves killing event mobs and the rare drop rate up is nice.

@Weirdo said in web link events:

At least this week only involves killing event mobs and the rare drop rate up is nice.

The rare drop rate "boost" will make absolutely no noticeable difference to anybody's drops.