258: Lean on Hands

We had new people join the alliance before NGS launched, butt only received the items for Returning Players (which we also invited), but none for the new players we invited.

My alliance received both emotes, if that helps confirm both exist.

Despite being PSO2-spec emotes, they are marked for NGS player shops, so you might find them there.

Yeah, I've seen some people with it so I know it's not a global problem, but I did check and all the new people we added are still there (both friends who just started and those who asked who had the little seedlings by their name) and it was before NGS' release so I don't know if there was some actual smaller bracket they just didn't mention or what.

I sadly don't have enough Meseta to afford the emote-- not sure if I ever will.

@Princesse-Jen said in 258: Lean on Hands:

it was before NGS' release so I don't know if there was some actual smaller bracket they just didn't mention or what.

If I remember the stated eligibility window began about 2 weeks before the event was announced... I wonder if it has anything to do with that?

I really cannot overstate how situations like this exemplify how opaque events with unclear mechanics that reward players for not playing in the first place are just a terrible idea for multiple layers of reasons.

@Miraglyth said in 258: Lean on Hands:

@Princesse-Jen said in 258: Lean on Hands:

it was before NGS' release so I don't know if there was some actual smaller bracket they just didn't mention or what.

If I remember the stated eligibility window began about 2 weeks before the event was announced... I wonder if it has anything to do with that?

I really cannot overstate how situations like this exemplify how opaque events with unclear mechanics that reward players for not playing in the first place are just a terrible idea for multiple layers of reasons.

Yeeeeah 😕 And we did get the returning player item! Just not the new player one.