BEST NGS N-Meseta Farm Currently

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in BEST NGS N-Meseta Farm Currently:

What I mean is the idea between doin daily’s and weeklies is the same, has in theirs no real difference between having 20 char in base pao2 to do them, and having 20 different accounts on ngs to do them.

So long as you ignore the intention behind both the change in the first place and what I understand is the JP prohibition on multiple accounts. If they wanted to allow such duplication of earnings they wouldn't have bothered changing anything (and additionally would have benefit from people buying extra characters to multiply income).

It seems very obvious to me there's meant to be a controlled meseta generation to both protect the economy and encourage a frequent moderate amount of gameplay in the process. Allowing multiple accounts explicitly for unlimited meseta generation completely undermines the former and if that is a Global only permission I implore Sega to change their minds and enact the JP prohibition on Global too to improve parity and as a matter of urgency before any irreparable damage is done.

@N-X said in BEST NGS N-Meseta Farm Currently:

@N-X

That’s a huge over exaggeration, daily and weekly farming was a thing since day 1 on global pso2, allowing you to do it on 20 chars to begin with and eventually 30. These gave significantly more has well, each char you could earn 2 million on weeklies, 600k from yerkes, and somewhere between 200k and 500k on daily’s depending on which ones you got and how many you did, plus you didn’t have to lose 10% on tax on each character either. Where has on ngs you can only get 500k from weeklies, and 49k a day per day if you get all the alpha reactors, after tax this about 775k a week all up, which is significantly less. Despite Pso2 having all this mesta being earned it’s economy was fine till the introduction of cradle and the grinder for mesta method.

The differnce between this and that is that F2P people could actually make a decent amount of money in PSO2 by doing weeklies on the extra 2 other free characters we get. In NGS, unless you are premium, theres no point of doing this exploit. You cant funnel stuff to the main account because you cant access the shop. And NGS economy is totally bad, you have at least 70 percent of the playerbase being consumption only, without adding stuff to the market, while the other 30 percent being both consumption and production, and being the only ones who can control the market. As time progresses you will see the effect of this. Good weapons and units are going to be very overpriced

True on base pso2 a F2P player could do some daily’s and weeklies though it was always significantly less than what someone who brought extra chars could do being 20 and then 30 when they raised the cap if they were happy to buy that many characters. While it’s more restrictive this time on ngs for F2P players it’s still basically the same thing a person who’s willing to spend money on the game is going to be able to make more mesta from daily’s and weeklies.

While theirs no account limit, it does take about 30 mins each day on each account to run around and do your daily’s and get the alpha reactors, so their is a time limit of how much you can do. For me personally anything more than a couple of hours kind of becomes pointless which is 4 alt accounts, has I would end up spending more time on my alts than on my main account, and feels kind of pointless to farm mesta if you’re never on your main to use it. Sure you can make more accounts if you want but it starts becoming a huge time investment and extremely bad to maintain over the long term.

The 70% of the player base being consumption only And having gear being expensive , is an issue with F2P having no access to the shop system at all, which is a different discussion to daily’s and weeklies.

@Miraglyth said in BEST NGS N-Meseta Farm Currently:

What I mean is the idea between doin daily’s and weeklies is the same, has in theirs no real difference between having 20 char in base pao2 to do them, and having 20 different accounts on ngs to do them.

So long as you ignore the intention behind both the change in the first place and what I understand is the JP prohibition on multiple accounts. If they wanted to allow such duplication of earnings they wouldn't have bothered changing anything (and additionally would have benefit from people buying extra characters to multiply income).

It seems very obvious to me there's meant to be a controlled meseta generation to both protect the economy and encourage a frequent moderate amount of gameplay in the process. Allowing multiple accounts explicitly for unlimited meseta generation completely undermines the former and if that is a Global only permission I implore Sega to change their minds and enact the JP prohibition on Global too to improve parity and as a matter of urgency before any irreparable damage is done.

Has anyone tried sending in a support ticket on the jp side asking the same question? Would be interesting to see what their response would be.

We can only speculate on their intention behind removing weeklies from chars. I would have agreed that is was to limit mesta generation but we have a written statement saying they don’t mind us having multiple accounts to farm mesta has long has we don’t participate in RMT, which suggests that may not have been the case. It could be has another user suggested they want to pad the player numbers for shareholders, or possibly cause many players had already brought all the alts they could want, and they wouldn’t get any more money out of those players so they decide to move it different accounts so that anyone that wanted to do weeklies would need to maintain an active subscription.

Again this is all speculation on their intent, and it will be hard to know the actual reason without some sort of statement from them. What we do have though is a statement saying it’s ok to have multiple accounts to farm mesta has long has you don’t participate in RMT, of course they may change this at some point, but that’s how it is atm.

It’s not unlimited mesta gain either it takes about 30 mins to do your daily’s and pick up all the alpha reactors each day, so 4 alt account is already 2 hours a day. You can do more accounts if you want but it becomes a huge time investment and is very difficult to maintain every week, plus you still have to do your main account on top of your alts.

@Miraglyth JP do not prohibit multiple accounts.

I just wonder how reliable the OP is.

Global doesn't prohibit multiple accounts, indeed that's true. But SEGA support saying something as if encouraging players to do multi-account Meseta farming is something totally different. It's hard to believe at least for me.

Speaking of N-Meseta transfers, I think it's possible that if a player repeats some action peculiar to Meseta sellers, they can just 816 that player as a quick response, and have a detailed investigation later (which can take quite a long time, as we know).

Has anyone tried sending in a support ticket on the jp side asking the same question?

I guess JP support simply won't answer. JP support page explicitly says they won't answer to individual inquiries in red and bold font.

https://pso2.jp/players/support/

不具合報告やご意見・ご要望につきましては、原則として個別の回答はいたしませんが、全て内容を確認し、サービス向上の参考とさせていただきます。

We basically won't answer to individual bug reports, opinions or requests. But we check out all of them thoroughly to improve the quality of our services.

@Fiona-Respha

In another thread they posted the exact question they asked, it was pretty specific.

This is what I asked I thought I was pretty clear about combining the meseta. I did not mention anything about red boxes.

alt text

That’s interesting that jp wouldn’t even respond to question like this, people complain about the customer service on global but jp doesn’t sound much better

@TEN-SQUARE-3 Thank you for citing that, thanks to the conversation, I now understand the context. Still, I personally don't regard a screenshot of email as some hard evidence of game's official statement. I'd rather hope at least another player receiving similar answer.

That’s interesting that jp wouldn’t even respond to question like this, people complain about the customer service on global but jp doesn’t sound much better

Actually, the very point they gave an answer makes me suspicious about this...

@Fiona-Respha said in BEST NGS N-Meseta Farm Currently:

@TEN-SQUARE-3 Thank you for citing that, thanks to the conversation, I now understand the context. Still, I personally don't regard a screenshot of email as some hard evidence of game's official statement. I'd rather hope at least another player receiving similar answer.

Actually, the very point they gave an answer makes me suspicious about this...

This conversation been going on for a few days now, even GMs have been tagged, you would think if this screenshot was a fake that they would have at least commented by now, and possibly deleted the thread.

This conversation been going on for a few days now, even GMs have been tagged, you would think if this screenshot was a fake that they would have at least commented by now, and possibly deleted the thread.

That's a fair point. If I just worried too much, then I'm fine with that.

@Fiona-Respha said in BEST NGS N-Meseta Farm Currently:

That's a fair point. If I just worried too much, then I'm fine with that.

That’s understandable, I just can’t imaging they would let a fake support ticket stay up, especially if showed views that sega doesn’t agree with. You’d think they would take something like that pretty seriously.

I would like to say what Fiona quoted is just a disclaimer on the support page and have not actually asked the question. Asking a question is neither bug report, stating an opinion nor request (wish). They may/may not answer, but to say they won't answer without even trying to ask is unfair.

@HarmlessSyan said in BEST NGS N-Meseta Farm Currently:

I would like to say what Fiona quoted is just a disclaimer on the support page and have not actually asked the question. Asking a question is neither bug report, stating an opinion nor request (wish). They may/may not answer, but to say they won't answer without even trying to ask is unfair.

Yeah, that’s a fair point

@HarmlessSyan said in BEST NGS N-Meseta Farm Currently:

Fair point, that's the reason why I didn't assert, just say guess. If my post gave an impression that I'm completely sure about that, then that's my fault.

Still I can't immediately remember any story that someone asked PSO2 JP support some question and got it answered. Speaking from the announcements they make, it seems to me that they won't answer individual questions, but make a public announcement if many people asked about the same thing.

Taking these into account, I don't think I saying "they won't answer" is unfair at all.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 Not surprising. I don't know of any MMo that has some kind of policy against creating multiple accounts as long as its not for RMT. The subscription MMO definitely aren't going to deny people the opportunity to pay for extra subscriptions if they aren't doing anything nefarious.

@Riesz said in BEST NGS N-Meseta Farm Currently:

@FoolsArcana said in BEST NGS N-Meseta Farm Currently:

Funny enough, the way the response is worded just screams "read between the lines".

"This action is associated with RMT so while it may not be against any policies we have in place currently, you may, and can be subjected to the same treatment as a RMT, which the justification of this is in our Terms of Use, which states that it is against our Terms of Use to do this for the purpose of RMT."

Tread the path carefully friends.

Where is this quote from? The original post does not contain this message, so I'm not sure where you got this from.

GM Deynger has also made it clear that having multiple accounts is not against the terms of service so this is allowed. I'm not sure where you got that from.

GM Deynger's response

Being associated with RMT doesn't even mean anything either, that doesn't mean both are against the ToS. Otherwise if we used that logic simply opening the game would be against the ToS because RMTers also open the game.

While technically true... so is:

2627ebff-07d9-47fe-a182-54ca782a14ec-image.png

You have to read between the lines, man.