Someone Is getting pretty desperate XD

Latest campaign is funny ....hey buy a 600$ euro cpu from our brand ...and PSO2 will give you an emote!!!! That's so low ....lol... (referring to the latest campaign)

I question if ppl that buy that will actually play NGS. :3

BEA05B5B-D3E2-4930-9B84-37CAD9305656.png

Why would someone want an emote to promote a brand in a game? and you also have to buy the product, is it like paying to advertise a brand? XD

Intels campaigns have been pretty sad as of late that they even completely forgot what they're trying to sell only a month ago "back to you steve".

I can't blame sega or microsoft for taking intels money, but for intel, this really isn't going to help them in the long term. This collab is pointless from a players persective unless you alreadly own an intel cpu. If you really wanted the best processor money can buy for NGS, AMD is currently where it's at right now. Doing this emote is just straight up embarassing to do in the lobby.

If intel really wants to make a big difference, perhaps they should remember what they're actually selling, stop taking shots at thier competitors, include a decent cooler with a copper slug, go back to using solder instead of thermal paste, which they stopped doing at the 3000 series and enable full over/underclocking on thier b & h series chipset like you can do with AMD. They should also stop changing sockets so often. Look how far am4 has been supported on amds side, it's shocking how used people are to intel abusing them when they were in the lead.

If your FOMO is so bad that you end up buying a CPU just to get an emote.........well, I think you need help.

I mean I wouldn’t mind if someone gave me their code for it if they was actually just wanting the PC. XD

The question here is "who started the promotion?"

I do not see Intel going to SEGA and Microsoft and saying "Hello! I would like you to help us promote a product in your game. A game that is foreign and not known or played by many compared to others. Please ignore the fact our business model has always been to promote a generation of processors over a single one."

@CheekiestCarp0 have you actually checked out the promotion page? It isn't just PSO2, it's a bunch of games and PSO2 just happened to be one of them. So I would think it was started by Intel.

I question cross promotions like this honestly, like I still remember the one between Spore an Dr. Pepper. Like is Dr. Pepper actually improving sales thru spore?

Maybe if the emote from the promotion wasn’t so lackluster, ppl would buy INTEL.

NGS isn’t Warframe, that’s willing to throw you a whole champion class for a cross promotion. XD

@HarmlessSyan

I have and that is my point. When Intel really goes all-in on a promotion, they actually put that promotion front and center on their intel gaming website.

https://game.intel.com/deals-and-specials

These promotions can include bundling as many as three full titles for purchasing the processor.

A promotion for an emote is very subpar for what Intel normally does. Feels to me like Microsoft and SEGA wants Intel to promote the existence of NGS/PSO2 to people. Remember, Global Launch was abysmal and NGS feels like an Open Beta with what it has in content.

@CheekiestCarp0 not even an open beta, more like a alpha. 😕

I guess there’s a reason the place is called hALPHA. :3

@CheekiestCarp0 said in Someone Is getting pretty desperate XD:

@HarmlessSyan

I have and that is my point. When Intel really goes all-in on a promotion, they actually put that promotion front and center on their intel gaming website.

https://game.intel.com/deals-and-specials

These promotions can include bundling as many as three full titles for purchasing the processor.

A promotion for an emote is very subpar for what Intel normally does. Feels to me like Microsoft and SEGA wants Intel to promote the existence of NGS/PSO2 to people. Remember, Global Launch was abysmal and NGS feels like an Open Beta with what it has in content.

There's also a percentile of the playerbase that was priced out of the game due to lack of money for a new PC, let alone an amplifier.

Should've added it to a trade-in discount promo for unicorn juice recycling and economically friendly Twitter points.

Discount price might've varied depending on how old the PC is and the parts Intel could recycle from it.

(Just saying that the current promo was a half-step for any marketing team. Intel gotta think long term next time.)

alt text