My PSO2 Blocklist is full already from all the RMT spammers

Please do something about this.

If you aren't going to do anything about the bots, at least give us an 100 times bigger blocklist, because that's what it's going to take.

And one-click block+report automation please.

And automatically cull our blocklist of accounts you have banned, every maintenance, please.

And why aren't we getting any response. Does SEGA actually have people reading these forums? If you have difficulty due to not being authorized to make changes, please tell us so we can bring it to SEGA JP.

What is with the silence on RMT in Global? If SEGA NA is partnering with RMT vendors, at least tell us so we can stop wasting our strength.

They won't say jack since admitting to indifference would be bad for them.

Sadly it’s bad publicity either way. Either it’s:

They’re understaffed and underpowered against it

Or it’s not affecting their bottom dollar. If bots hurt AC sells it would be addressed overnight. XD

I wouldn't mind removal of Area Chat in city zones in NGS, considering that most of the community is within Alliance and Group chat.

But then Whisper would have to be limited to only users on your Friend List, because these bots keep bypassing everything.

If Area Chat is removed from safe zones and multiple Alliances use it communicate, then we should also get a Community Chat (placeholder name) for multiple Alliance chat as set by Alliance Leaders inviting one another.

OR

SEGA could add those features, and add an Area Chat filter option: Display Community Area Chat Only.

So for example, if Community is made between Alliance Ouroboros and Alliance Headpats, then Area Chat from only those Alliances would be shown.

Or maybe I'm just crazy and these ideas aren't as good as Discord.

alt text

@Pariah-Chan said in My PSO2 Blocklist is full already from all the RMT spammers:

Sadly it’s bad publicity either way. Either it’s:

They’re understaffed and underpowered against it

Or it’s not affecting their bottom dollar. If bots hurt AC sells it would be addressed overnight. XD

SEGA isn't handling it because the protocol is to call (e-mail) the FBI so they can shut down the website.

So SEGA is literally helpless in this investigation.

Out of interest what's the limit? I've probably got a few dozen by now.

@kztm said in My PSO2 Blocklist is full already from all the RMT spammers:

And one-click block+report automation please.

And automatically cull our blocklist of accounts you have banned, every maintenance, please.

Those two things would be glorious!

Sorry, can't count anymore, because I removed like a full page from the blocklist just so I can keep blocking the new spam bots. 😞

Would be cool if everyone just started region locking China. Then this and a lot of other gross online annoyances in other video games could be stopped.

As for Sega they have to basically report the site. Which takes time to be investigated. Even if the site gets pulled there's really nothing stopping them from putting up another site. Having a way to have chat only display from specific sources would be a nice gesture by Sega for sure. But I think they worry about hurting social aspects of their game this way.

@Miraglyth The blocklist has a limit of 100 players, a number of members in my alliance hot that cap all the time when dealing with the RMT bots. I just report spam the bots and save space on my blocklist for people who deserve it (Idiots with spammy autochat cut-ins, those who try to start arguments or drama with me, and obvious trolls).