Take the time to thank your fellow whales in game.

@Naomao said in Take the time to thank your fellow whales in game.:

He got a point actually and i think most people should watch this video talking about whale in mmo and how it work :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EcLbewUexg

Pretty much this.

So thank you Whales i guess ? Thank you for destroying the games slowly but with 100% accuracy. If you give Sega money for every BS (like paying twice for the same outfit just so you can move your fingers) then Sega will focus exactly on that.

Whales need F2P people and F2P people need people that purchase some stuff. NO ONE needs Whales. Whales destroy the game sooner or later we can see that on countless games. It was the Whales who allowed DLCs to be born because they needed a stupid Horse. Whales....such arrogance. I rather have people paying 13 bucks per month than Whales destroying the whole gaming industrie.

@Pariah-Chan said in Take the time to thank your fellow whales in game.:

Thx @Milk ! I try to afford all the cute stuff I can. ❤

4B563A8E-B6B1-4233-8B34-7A5632B1C3EC.jpeg

FACEPLAM

It sucks that whales are being so greedy, there isnt anything in NGS for f2p players to farm and sell like there was in base pso2. I sold millions of meseta worth of upgrade items in base pso2, to pay for my cosmetics... NGS only really has fixa weapons that go for a big chunk of change.. but those are soooo rare that it's not a reliable method of income. The only people making money right now in ngs are whales, and the gap widens with every passing day.

@Hado90 said in Take the time to thank your fellow whales in game.:

It sucks that whales are being so greedy, there isnt anything in NGS for f2p players to farm and sell like there was in base pso2. I sold millions of meseta worth of upgrade items in base pso2, to pay for my cosmetics... NGS only really has fixa weapons that go for a big chunk of change.. but those are soooo rare that it's not a reliable method of income. The only people making money right now in ngs are whales, and the gap widens with every passing day.

I take it you dont do your weeklies and get your daily reactors?

Hey guys I have a PS5, Xbox One X, Nintendo Switch, PC with 5 graphics cards, and a disposable income that I spend on Pokémon Cards and psuedo stock, Please thank me.

As they always say. Whales are the reason why we get overpriced gacha systems and other monetary systems in the first place. Don't expect praise, when lazy people with too much money are the reason in the first place publishers got greedy. But yea, thanks I guess

The economy wheel needs both those who buy and those who sell, we who put money in the game are important, but f2p players are also EXTREMELY important, in addition to buying our items, giving engagement and popularity to the game, in the end , no one plays an empty game. There is no one part that should simply thank the other, as neither of the 2 survives for long alone.

@CheonP

Yes we do need both partys. However we DONT need Whales. There is a difference between people spending some money and people spending hundrets of bucks every month. Whales are the reason why DLCs were born,they are the reason for gambling in games and because they purchase every crap companys get away with selling less good in quality stuff then before.

@Gilver-Redgrave Whales are not the reason why dlcs were born...smh...

Inflation is why dlc/season passes exist. Games costed 60+ dollars all the way back to the NES/SNES days. If dlc and season passes didn't exist in modern times then the base cost of games would be far higher than what they currently are.

Something a lot of gamers don't understand is dlc/season passes are cheaper to produce and have a higher profit margin than the actual games do thus keeping the cost of games to the consumer relatively the same as time goes by, even though the costs to produce games have increased. Likewise, hardware, ie consoles, don't really turn much of a profit on sales. People complain about having to pay for Xbox live/PS+/etc without realizing that those services are where companies make the majority of their profit, not off the sale of the consoles themselves, keeping the costs of the hardware affordable.

I personally would much rather pay $60 for a game that has optional dlc, than be forced to pay $80-90 for every new release.

@Ravness01 said in Take the time to thank your fellow whales in game.:

Inflation is why dlc/season passes exist.

Oh please. The reason DLC exist is the same reason why you need to pay extra to play multiplayer on consoles: because people just buy things without thinking about the consequences. When XBOX live gold came out, if people told them to stuff it and stopped buying anything from them until they remove it, that would have been it and everyone would be better off. But whatever, just means there's no reason to buy consoles anymore.

DLCs aren't exactly the same since they can add more to a game after it's finished, but the same still applies for those games that cut content on purpose to sell it later. The fact that games with gacha monetization exist is proof enough that people buy anything.

@Ravness01 it has much more to do with pleasing corporate investors, meeting the requirement that is growth year after year to do so.

Also, were they really always $60? I remember my dad getting both Pokémon Stadium games, Pokémon snap, and conker’s bad fur day for the n64 (probably because I liked those games so the memories of them stayed with me, or that’s all I tagged along to go get). And from what I can remember they were $50

Edit: just looked it up, nes games were $40 and n64 were $50. You just flat out lied. While you can say “inflation”, most products/services don’t increase in price here in the states, necessities like college, housing, and healthcare do to keep that consumerism society going. So yeah, that whole “rather pay” thing is nonsense, particularly because they aren’t dropping these predatory business tactics while still increasing console game prices to $70. If they’re going to gut what was once a feature of a game to be sold off they should be free. Having said that, I still think pso2 goes way too far with it for the console market, it’s teetering on mobile game greed (which is likely why the SegaSammy reports mention venturing in to that market so much)

@Ravness01

Wrong.

The very first DLC ever was a Horse with Armour which did nothing else or gave any special stats NOTHING. People payed for that Horse DLC and that was the moment the gaming industrie realized that this kind of monetarization works.

I know i am old....i was there and saw it with my own eyes.

These items are intangible and they aren't yours. Once the servers shutdown, all that money will be wasted and you got nothing to show for it. That's the only downside to 'whaling'.

@PBJ-Time said in Take the time to thank your fellow whales in game.:

Edit: just looked it up, nes games were $40 and n64 were $50. You just flat out lied.

Ehhh... I don't think he lied about the prices, since it depends on where you live. I live in Canada, and I remember NES games going for $60-$80 around here. I've seen Genesis games and PC games go for $100 back in the early 90's, depending on the game.

I guess I could thank whales. If it wasn't their (to me) excessive spending in PSO2 it might not have made it over here and I'd not be playing NGS.

@Gilver-Redgrave Ah, TES: oblivion horse armor, right? I wonder what went through the head of people who bought that.