Take the time to thank your fellow whales in game.

@XenoBladeX37645 said in Take the time to thank your fellow whales in game.:

@Ashe-Kinsilla said in Take the time to thank your fellow whales in game.:

@Archetype-Luna said in Take the time to thank your fellow whales in game.:

@Ashe-Kinsilla What truth? That Sega was being respectful of the foreign players that have been supporting PSO2 JP for many years by blocking them? That JP doesn't have a superior service despite all of the things people have mentioned like more SG, collabs, communication with the developers, more cosmetics, higher alliance point weekly cap, better monetization, etc.

It is plain and clear that JP is heavily preferred and favored by Sega, resulting in a better service for the JP server.

stop complaining. you agreed to their TOS.

You posts kinda reek of shilling. If this was about ToS why did Sega acknowledge there playerbase that was outside of Japan? Why help non Japanese players play the "wrong" client?

Say what you want but the IP block was a dirty move.

Get a thicker skin, it's easy to tell you don't Iike differing opinions

Its an online forum. You're telling someone to get thicken skin.

Go out and touch grass, it's easy to tell you don't like differing opinions.

But lets back to the topic at hand.

@Ashe-Kinsilla What truth? That Sega was being respectful of the foreign players that have been supporting PSO2 JP for many years by blocking them? That JP doesn't have a superior service despite all of the things people have mentioned like more SG, collabs, communication with the developers, more cosmetics, higher alliance point weekly cap, better monetization, etc.

It is plain and clear that JP is heavily preferred and favored by Sega, resulting in a better service for the JP server.

stop complaining. you agreed to their TOS.

No, absolutely not, ToS or not, if a company does something wrong like disrespecting the player base that has been supporting them, I am going to call them out on it. It does not even make sense as a business move as they threw away customers and thus money; do you think those players are just going to happily move to Global? From what I can tell, they are either bypassing the block with VPN's or EC2 Proxies or they just dropped the game because there are other games that actually respect their players, again FFXIV is a thing that has been growing like crazy and can also function as a way to continue playing games with friends that they may have made on the JP servers since FFXIV allows players of any region to play on any region. ToS also doesn't change how they treat Global as a third rate afterthought and is just an inferior service compared to JP.

I absolutely refuse to be quiet about it.

The players who got hit by that IP block were spat in the face by Sega. For all the times they stuck with the game, through its highs and lows, they were basically thrown out and told "we don't want your support anymore."

If you refuse to be quiet about it maybe make a post inside

https://forum.pso2.com/category/61/in-game-suggestions

Best of luck to you.

The people who got hit with the IP block didn't get spit on by Sega. Calm down your life isnt over because of it. I'm happy that you are calling them out on it. Sega is a trash company compared to a while ago. Sega does not care if FF14 lets you play on any server. Sega does not care how long you stuck with their game.

Who did the IP block? Was it Sega of Japan? Maybe they just want to keep their servers "superior"

Welcome to being "inferior" hope you stick around.

@Ashe-Kinsilla Yes its an online forum, I'm telling YOU to get a thicker skin. Lol this is rich.

You're talking to me about getting back on topic yet you came here and have said nothing about the topic at all. All you've said is you agree with one person and you told another to stop complaining...this is jokes.

But anyway, Whales

(Psst. Global is objectively inferior so drop the quotation marks bud)

@Ashe-Kinsilla Yes its an online forum, I'm telling YOU to get a thicker skin. Lol this is rich.

You're talking to me about getting back on topic yet you came here and have said nothing about the topic at all. All you've said is you agree with one person and you told another to stop complaining...this is jokes.

But anyway, Whales

(Psst. Global is objectively inferior so drop the quotation marks bud)

Welcome to being inferior. If you haven't noticed its to poke fun at you trying to be superior to everyone else when you come into topics and put people down because their opinion doesn't equal yours. I do the same, but I also try to have a conversation with them instead of telling them they are wrong. Actually, i'm doing exactly what you do lately because I find it funny how you reply to it.

But yeah. I'm telling YOU to go outside and touch grass.

But yeah whales are cool. Its kind of weird to call Orcas "Killer whales" when they belong to the dolphin family.

@Ashe-Kinsilla I work outside for a living. I touch plenty of grass lol but oke. I'd never call myself superior. But most here will admit global IS in fact the superior client. And some here have admitted to dropping global due to that. You're salty I get it. But you haven't been here to discuss anything. You're here to start flame wars and I'm calling you on it.

Idk about thanking whales per se, but they do play an important part

@Milk said in Take the time to thank your fellow whales in game.:

The right (and profitable) thing to do would be to give the foreign players a one time pass transfer to Global ver with all of their paid stuff if they don’t want them on their version anymore. Their drastic move only pissed off paying customers that don’t want to start over again, so they quit the game for good. Some of these players probably sunk thousands of dollars over the years for the only version of the game they could play because SEGA took years to bother with it. It’s a slap in the face to the support they received, this just isn’t how you treat fans who spend money on your product. I never played JP, I have no personal feelings about it but I think it was a shortsighted move. Global is an inferior version. We’re excluded from collabs but are never given a western show or something collab to replace it, we just get nothing. I would have loved to participate in the Madoka collab but it just didn’t happen.

And what of those items global didn't receive? Are those just taken away from the players trasnferring?

Not an easy solution by any means. Global is missing items and of course has the height restriction so they would have to work around that. Likely just a credit for X item that isn’t compatible with Global and you can’t exit salon until character height is within Global limits. It beats just IP banning people and chasing away potential repeat business.

@Milk I'd think folks would rather just keep what they have. I doubt any "compensation" would stack up to being enough for people. It's possible but not likely

@Milk I'd think folks would rather just keep what they have. I doubt any "compensation" would stack up to being enough for people. It's possible but not likely

There doesn’t seem to be a way for them to do that. JP doesn’t want them to stay and Global doesn’t support that item. When your options are walk away with nothing or walk away with at least something, that’s really all anyone can do. Ideally we would have simply gotten the same events and items in the first place but that’s never happening. 😞

The simple fact of things is that Sega promised us the West release in 2013 and 2014 only to go silent about it for half a decade until Microsoft threw money at it. I never got involved with the Japanese game, but it’s flat out unacceptable for them to do what they’ve done

There was talks about bans for outsiders when the game released and when the translation mod first got out (had friends irl that played the JP game and that’s what I remember them mentioning to me). Then there was no real concern for years until they randomly decide enough’s enough. That isn’t okay, at all. Particularly because their chicken shi* as*es wouldn’t even take the chance on releasing their own game outside of “the motherland” after they said they would until another company got involved, and the result of that is where those players are now expected to just up and move to. Sega’s been a joke after they got out of the console business, but flat out swindling people regardless of the fine print shouldn’t be okay by anyone. Idgaf about the tos when they purposefully ignored it themselves to profit, only to now care because of profit.

There’s far too many bs things they’re doing that all “coincidentally” lead to them profiting. The “rwt” measures taken that didn’t address that at all, the FF shop just being gone (being able to directly get a cosmetic with a premium currency is gone entirely), changing material gathering to be impossible to do within a single day for specific items while also selling materials in bundles, and this. There needs to be serious pushback like Activision and EA have rightfully been receiving, because it leads to actual improvements. If there isn’t there’s always going to be another new issue around the corner

If you refuse to be quiet about it maybe make a post inside

https://forum.pso2.com/category/61/in-game-suggestions

I did: https://forum.pso2.com/topic/11533/unified-service-for-ngs-between-global-and-jp?page=1

I did so a while ago; hey maybe it'll gain traction again. I am not going to be quiet about it in this thread or any thread where it is relevant either.

Best of luck to you.

The people who got hit with the IP block didn't get spit on by Sega. Calm down your life isnt over because of it. I'm happy that you are calling them out on it. Sega is a trash company compared to a while ago. Sega does not care if FF14 lets you play on any server. Sega does not care how long you stuck with their game.

If someone supported PSO2 over the years then suddenly got blocked from accessing their account, how is that not Sega spitting on them? Answer, it is Sega spitting on them. Also, if Sega doesn't care about FFXIV then they are making the same mistake Blizzard is making with WoW. Also, if Sega doesn't care about the players that have been supporting their game for many years, then that is disrespecting their players. If another game in the market is doing incredibly well, the proper course of action is not to ignore them, but to try to steal ideas from them. Yoshi P had the FFXIV devs play WoW when ARR was being developed as WoW was the top MMO at the time of ARR's development, and they expanded on from there and reached this point where WoW refugees are a thing.

Sure you can't copy everything, but service models? That is one of the easiest things you can copy and adapt ideas from.

Who did the IP block? Was it Sega of Japan? Maybe they just want to keep their servers "superior"

Welcome to being "inferior" hope you stick around.

I don't have to because I can bypass the IP block due to having the technical skills to do so. I can set up an EC2 proxy and it wouldn't even be detected as a VPN; they would just see it as a computer in Japan due to how the proxy works. There is even a tutorial on how someone can do it on the PSO2 subreddit (just search PSO2 EC2 Cloud PC on google), but it is still needs a bit of technical skill.

However, just because I have the technical skills to do so, doesn't mean others do, so I am going to be vocal about it. Those people who can't and aren't sticking around? Well Sega just lost money, something that they should care about.

@Ashe-Kinsilla But most here will admit global IS in fact the superior client. And some here have admitted to dropping global due to that.

You mean global is the inferior client or JP is the superior client right? I think you made a typo. XD

@Milk said in Take the time to thank your fellow whales in game.:

The right (and profitable) thing to do would be to give the foreign players a one time pass transfer to Global ver with all of their paid stuff if they don’t want them on their version anymore. Their drastic move only pissed off paying customers that don’t want to start over again, so they quit the game for good. Some of these players probably sunk thousands of dollars over the years for the only version of the game they could play because SEGA took years to bother with it. It’s a slap in the face to the support they received, this just isn’t how you treat fans who spend money on your product. I never played JP, I have no personal feelings about it but I think it was a shortsighted move. Global is an inferior version. We’re excluded from collabs but are never given a western show or something collab to replace it, we just get nothing. I would have loved to participate in the Madoka collab but it just didn’t happen.

Eh, they would still lose people because they would still be separated from the server they had played on for many years, meaning they may be separated from JP players that they became with. Not to mention, there are people who moved to JP to get away from things like the censorship in Global as well as having access to JP only items and collabs. The right, easiest, and most profitable thing to do is to just let oversea players play on JP. I feel that the whales are more like to either quit to bypass the IP block, so the ability to transfer off JP wouldn't do much in my opinion.

Accidental double post, curse having multiple tabs of the same thread open.

At this rate someone is gonna have to link a way to get refunds for unhappy customers. 😕

Man there's really no way to fix this. A system that let's existing users be grandfathered in would only anger any new players, that's really all I've got. I don't know why a company would act like this in the first place, it's the first I've ever seen of this happening so it's a bit puzzling. My initial thought is "Don't you like money?" but who knows what their reasoning is. Regardless, I don't agree with it and Global still feels like an afterthought which I'm (still) hoping NGS can change.

@Pariah-Chan

You ever read the ToS ?

If no then let me tell you "refund" is something Sega isnt very fond of. By accepting the ToS you lost every right for any kind of refund so dont bother searching for a way.

I’m not a Whale, I just work hard and manage my budget well enough to afford getting AC. That being said? Don’t thank us. No Freemium Players owe us a damn thing or inkling of gratitude. Whales buy AC Scratchers because they have the disposable income for it which just means they were extremely fortunate in the game of real life, and for purely self-centered reasons.

We buy AC to get new shit. The vast majority of content offered from PSO2 and games like it are Cosmetics. Sadly, most online games these days do the Loot Box crap, which is glorified gambling. It’s designed as a game mechanic to screw with the chemicals in our brains and exploit the inherent addictive qualities in people. Dopamine Manipulation. Instant gratification, which then leads you to look for that next dose. Whales are victims of this system, they’ve got the money to spend or their parents do. And while adults have more resistance to it, kids who engage in these practices can very easily get screwed up psychologically for life.

The reason the Player Market exists is because of a group of people who essentially get exploited, and end up looking to sell off their surplus or unwanted digital goods to other players to make a return on something that would otherwise be wasted money. Prices are dictated by market forces, not some perceived altruism from Whales. They want Meseta from Freemium Players so that they can go and buy the items from said draws they didn’t get via Loot Box.

Don’t thank us for spending AC and selling AC Scratcher stuff in the market. Instead, feel sorry for us. We’re addicted to a game mechanic that is statistically designed to take advantage of us.

There are more Humane ways F2P games can go about this. But that’s a subject for another time. Just know other games have done it.