Take the time to thank your fellow whales in game.

@Eye-ce It literally doesnt matter if the games themselves are different. They are both Japanese companies, and both ORIGIONALLY housed servers in Japan, both of which were origionally accessable from other countries. The difference is SE doesnt pretend like its illegal to play on a server from another country, they never have with ffxiv. Never even did with the much older FFXI Even after the addition of Data centers for servers in Europe and America, it remained a perfectly legal option to continue playing with all the people you made friends with from Japan, and thats a huge point you dont seem to get. The things sega do are more of a testimate to how the company leaders feel about Non-Japanese than anything. It literally is not good for business or their company outlook. They should want to get on SE's level more that go further below it.

And the comparison to SE shall continue. they are competators in the mmorpg space both in japan and global.

@HarmlessSyan said in Take the time to thank your fellow whales in game.:

I'm being really nitpicky here, but there are things like LINE PAY, docomo, and BitCash campaigns with payment systems. The LINE PAY actually discounts AC purchases.

Oh I beat you to the punch on nitpickiness there, since the post I replied to listed events and campaigns separately and those payment campaigns, the Zutomayo collaboration and the Intel purchase campaign were some of the reasons I didn't say campaigns were identical between services. 😛

Ooh boy what a charmer you are.

@Eye-ce

I salute you. You speak so much truth.

@Pariah-Chan

So then you should've been able to easily buy that emote in 2 weeks or less depending on how much you played. I don't see what the problem is.

@Ashe-Kinsilla What truth? That Sega was being respectful of the foreign players that have been supporting PSO2 JP for many years by blocking them? That JP doesn't have a superior service despite all of the things people have mentioned like more SG, collabs, communication with the developers, more cosmetics, higher alliance point weekly cap, better monetization, etc.

It is plain and clear that JP is heavily preferred and favored by Sega, resulting in a better service for the JP server.

Thank you whales! Love ya, appreciate ya 😉

@Archetype-Luna said in Take the time to thank your fellow whales in game.:

@Ashe-Kinsilla What truth? That Sega was being respectful of the foreign players that have been supporting PSO2 JP for many years by blocking them? That JP doesn't have a superior service despite all of the things people have mentioned like more SG, collabs, communication with the developers, more cosmetics, higher alliance point weekly cap, better monetization, etc.

It is plain and clear that JP is heavily preferred and favored by Sega, resulting in a better service for the JP server.

stop complaining. you agreed to their TOS.

@Ashe-Kinsilla said in Take the time to thank your fellow whales in game.:

No, absolutely not, ToS or not, if a company does something wrong like disrespecting the player base that has been supporting them, I am going to call them out on it. It does not even make sense as a business move as they threw away customers and thus money; do you think those players are just going to happily move to Global? From what I can tell, they are either bypassing the block with VPN's or EC2 Proxies or they just dropped the game because there are other games that actually respect their players, again FFXIV is a thing that has been growing like crazy and can also function as a way to continue playing games with friends that they may have made on the JP servers since FFXIV allows players of any region to play on any region. ToS also doesn't change how they treat Global as a third rate afterthought and is just an inferior service compared to JP.

I absolutely refuse to be quiet about it.

The players who got hit by that IP block were spat in the face by Sega. For all the times they stuck with the game, through its highs and lows, they were basically thrown out and told "we don't want your support anymore."

@Archetype-Luna

Well sadly i am on @Ashe-Kinsilla side for this one. You and all the other people knew exactly that they can and will ban you sooner or later when they get you yet you played the game and supported Segas behavior.

You of course have all the right and call them out for it but the "playerbase" like you call them still throws all the money they have at Sega and dont give a damn. I am pretty sure you and all the banned people even invested in global after Sega spit in your/their face already so....yeah.

@Gilver-Redgrave Actually, I haven't given Global any money after EP4 and I refuse to spend any money on global; honestly wished I never did after I saw the censorship. Actually began regretting after seeing how much more aggressively they were trying to monetize the game. Gave Sega the benefit of the doubt that they learned their lessons from the previous entries and would actually treat Global as well as they treat JP; nope, shouldn't have believed. It seems that JP will always be their core focus and the rest of the world is just an afterthought for extra cash.

Also I am willing to bet you are quite wrong about people investing in global after Sega spat in their faces. There are people who refuse to play global, I actually have not touched global since EP4 as well. The devs knew there was a foreign presence on JP for quite sometime and for years there was no sign of that happening. I am honestly willing to bet that the foreign presence on JP was a factor in Global becoming a thing as well.

The ToS thing has been there since EP1 so it was a non concern. It was never a situation where we expected to lose access to JP due to how bad of a business decision it was; they literally just tossed away customers, expecting them to join an inferior server and start over from the beginning with none of the items that they had purchased. The people who can pay money can also move to other games that respect them better like FFXIV.

@Gilver-Redgrave yes, I regret the 2 month time I invested on global, and taking the 6 month break off JP after global announcement. At least I didn't spend any money on global though? That is about all the investment global is going to get other than me coming on the forums and occasionally adding fuel to some of the dumpster fire threads 🙂

I still pay for FFXIV and mess around on it during my weekly static raid time there, though we are done with the current raid tier and probably won't be doing savage until Endwalker comes out. That will be my go to game if SEGA decides to take the next step in blocking foreigners on JP server.

@Ashe-Kinsilla said in Take the time to thank your fellow whales in game.:

You posts kinda reek of shilling. If this was about ToS why did Sega acknowledge there playerbase that was outside of Japan? Why help non Japanese players play the "wrong" client?

Say what you want but the IP block was a dirty move.

Get a thicker skin, it's easy to tell you don't Iike differing opinions

The right (and profitable) thing to do would be to give the foreign players a one time pass transfer to Global ver with all of their paid stuff if they don’t want them on their version anymore. Their drastic move only pissed off paying customers that don’t want to start over again, so they quit the game for good. Some of these players probably sunk thousands of dollars over the years for the only version of the game they could play because SEGA took years to bother with it. It’s a slap in the face to the support they received, this just isn’t how you treat fans who spend money on your product. I never played JP, I have no personal feelings about it but I think it was a shortsighted move. Global is an inferior version. We’re excluded from collabs but are never given a western show or something collab to replace it, we just get nothing. I would have loved to participate in the Madoka collab but it just didn’t happen.

@Milk said in Take the time to thank your fellow whales in game.:

The right (and profitable) thing to do would be to give the foreign players a one time pass transfer to Global ver with all of their paid stuff if they don’t want them on their version anymore. Their drastic move only pissed off paying customers that don’t want to start over again, so they quit the game for good. Some of these players probably sunk thousands of dollars over the years for the only version of the game they could play because SEGA took years to bother with it. It’s a slap in the face to the support they received, this just isn’t how you treat fans who spend money on your product. I never played JP, I have no personal feelings about it but I think it was a shortsighted move. Global is an inferior version. We’re excluded from collabs but are never given a western show or something collab to replace it, we just get nothing. I would have loved to participate in the Madoka collab but it just didn’t happen.

And what of those items global didn't receive? Are those just taken away from the players trasnferring?