Why does it feel like the NGS director wants to kill the series?

Anyways, I do wonder how much of what the director is doing is coming from the higher ups. Or what their plan even is for ngs long term

Unless this is Bethor's comeback, the director isn't actively doing such a thing.

I am pretty sure they know we are disatisfied in a number of aspects though. Enough for a change to happen? Idk. Though I am pretty sure they got an emergency plan in case things worsen, player wise. At least, that's what the leaked 2nd map points towards.

@Aumires I imagine theyre fast tracking stuff to get the ball rolling seeing as both clients are on the same page. PSO2 is a huge brand for SEGA so im certain theyll do whats needed to get this on the right track. Just gotta give it time n see what they plan to do

I sure hope that they can get on the right tack. I love the game and want it to do well.

I always worry about the possibility of a disgruntled employee ruining something due to mistreatments. It’s not too far fetched this day and time. πŸ˜•

@Weirdo said in Why does it feel like the NGS director wants to kill the series?:

It is the fact that the director is still focusing on gigantix after how poorly they were received

Just popping in quickly to point out that gigantix enemies arrived less than two weeks ago, within a month of New Genesis' launch with a bunch of other launch matters to support, and that expecting them to redo a ton of design and development work that's probably already mostly been done for the short-term content additions that quickly is wildly unrealistic.

If a new mostly-ready gigantix is planned as a small part of the second half of 9th Anniversary (21st July?) and you want them to replace it with something else that has more longevity, you're asking them to design, develop, test and publish a fairly significant bit of rushed content in about 3 weeks.

Given how unfeasible that is, if they are going to respond positively to criticism, it's best to just deliver the mostly-finished content that was already planned and adapt the medium-term plans that haven't been worked on instead, because the alternative is nixing the new gigantix to start work on something else earlier, but replacing it with nothing when the gigantix should have arrived. And that'd just lead to complaints and ridicule that they weren't even giving players what the previews said they would anymore.

It's going to take a bit of time to respond to the criticism. Sadly we won't get to know if they're willing to try for a while, but before then it's best not to criticise plans that would probably be more harm than good to change this late.

Well rather than playing catch I would prefer they released less buggy content, people may get bored but they came back, especially with collab it's never gets old, I want some hardcore content like crazy boss that can lay waste to entire MPA, they doing it right with Gigantix but need more than that.

I want something that we as player have decent or high chance to fail if we are not careful, I want that hard earned victory not beating the boss like pinata punching bag that only deal 10-20 dmg.

I am excited with Nex gigantix maybe that's would satisfy my masochistic desire, I want to suffer, right now even daytil axe most powerful attack only deal like 210 dmg, that is less than half my HP, wanted something that have more grit and firepower.

@Virsia I get what you mean, though I dont know if any bosses hit for that much lol

@Miraglyth

If a new mostly-ready gigantix is planned as a small part of the second half of 9th Anniversary

It's literally Nex Aelio or whatever the versions of the dragon boss were called. Gigantix is literally as easy as switching which one gets spawned with gigantix stats sheet. It wasn't a problem for the CBT to have completely different Gigantix spawns including some like Banshee/Banther/Wauron in Central.

There is no real workload with Gigantix, they are literally dripfeeding this shit and people think they couldn't implement a type randomizer for Gigantix spawns in half a hour or that it hasn't already been implemented in the development at least once.

@Virsia said in Why does it feel like the NGS director wants to kill the series?:

Well rather than playing catch I would prefer they released less buggy content, people may get bored but they came back, especially with collab it's never gets old, I want some hardcore content like crazy boss that can lay waste to entire MPA, they doing it right with Gigantix but need more than that.

I want something that we as player have decent or high chance to fail if we are not careful, I want that hard earned victory not beating the boss like pinata punching bag that only deal 10-20 dmg.

I am excited with Nex gigantix maybe that's would satisfy my masochistic desire, I want to suffer, right now even daytil axe most powerful attack only deal like 210 dmg, that is less than half my HP, wanted something that have more grit and firepower.

Gigantix could deal 99999999 damage and I would still not consider beating something like that a hard earned victory due to the revival mechanic. Content that I would consider difficult is if dying is actually punishing and not a minor 1 second inconvenience.

@Vashzaron

Remember, when someone made a thread and said 4 man Deus was too Elitist because there is a death limit. πŸ˜†

@Furious-0 said in Why does it feel like the NGS director wants to kill the series?:

@Herald-of-Zenchi If I truly believe which part?

It being a new game? Fine. It's an expansion, then, akin to Burning Crusade or Heavensward. The same game, but not.

Or is it that I believe the pacing would be fine if they added more content each patch? Because I do. Add enough things to keep people people running the hamster wheel for more than a week and you've got a decent reason to have whatever pacing is put in place.

PSO2's Global update schedule didn't make nearly as much of an impact as people are claiming it did. We aren't spoiled by it. More than half of the updates were dead on arrival. Here's looking at you, ridroids. Besides, the accelerated schedule and the amount of content in NGS are two COMPLETELY different things. The complaint isn't that we want more content faster (although, of course, everyone does) but that we wanted more content in the first place instead of being handed what amounts to a limited Beta game.

You're the one sticking your fingers in your ears. Using poor excuses and defenses doesn't undermine the fact that the game came out sorely lacking. If anything, you're painting yourself as a sucker for using PSO2's history as a defense. "But PSO2 came out and only had this and that and the updates were slow and-" means it was lacking also and you put up with it rather than trying to fight to make it better than what it was/is.

I'm sitting at 532 hours of playtime in NGS and I still have stuff to do, I have no idea where this "no content" meme is coming from, and everyone fails to tell me what is the missing content.

@Herald-of-Zenchi said in Why does it feel like the NGS director wants to kill the series?:

I'm sitting at 532 hours of playtime in NGS [...]

... it was released on June 9th. We're now at July 6th. That's about 650 hours since release. That means you have dedicated a whole 116 hours to sleeping. That's less than 5 hours sleep a day. And that's not accounting for any other physical maintenance needs.

Holy moly.

@Zoe said in Why does it feel like the NGS director wants to kill the series?:

@Herald-of-Zenchi said in Why does it feel like the NGS director wants to kill the series?:

... it was released on June 9th. We're now at July 6th. That's about 650 hours since release. That means you have dedicated a whole 116 hours to sleeping. That's less than 5 hours sleep a day. And that's not accounting for any other physical maintenance needs.

Holy moly.

You didn't add up maintenance times, food time, and other life need time I idled. I got work holidays just to play NGS, even with all that free time I still have stuff to do in game. Completely failing to understand where is said lack of content.

@Zoe said in Why does it feel like the NGS director wants to kill the series?:

Holy moly.

You didn't add up maintenance times, food time, and other life need time I idled. I got work holidays just to play NGS, even with all that free time I still have stuff to do in game. Completely failing to understand where is said lack of content.

I'm also willing to bet this person leaves the game on while they AFK for extended periods of time. One of those dopes that just sits in town with their Online Status that says they are asleep or at work or whatever instead of just turning the game off.

Okay @Herald-of-Zenchi, I could sit here and explain the difference between "content" and "things to do", but I have a feeling that would go over your head, so how about rather than me beat my head against a brick wall, you regale us with all of the content that keeps you playing? Help me see what I'm missing.