Why does it feel like the NGS director wants to kill the series?

There are even less objects to interact with than in base. Nothing you can destroy, no grass that can be cut, no switches, or anything besides picking up materials and healing items. Couldn't they at least have something simple like that like base did.

@Furious-0 said in Why does it feel like the NGS director wants to kill the series?:

@Herald-of-Zenchi said in Why does it feel like the NGS director wants to kill the series?:

Also, we have a lot more content than any other Episode release. You guys got too badly used to getting everything in two months.

@Furious-0 said in Why does it feel like the NGS director wants to kill the series?:

@ThirdChild-ZKI said in Why does it feel like the NGS director wants to kill the series?:

But let's not be coy; anyone with an ounce of foresight saw that Global was going to be spoiled by the rather rapid content release schedule when they were playing catch-up to JP, this of course coming with the inevitable catching up to them at one point. And most - most - know that JP's content release schedules were drastically slower than Global became used to. This is hardly anything new.

This is also a tired excuse for the current state of NGS. Most of the complaints are based on the lack of content right out of the gate. It's this fact PLUS the fact that their first real content update is slated 4-6 months away that is the problem, and THEN factor in the amount of content coming with it.

The pacing would be fine if they added enough to the game to make it worth the wait. PSO2 had that problem. They came out with a minor MINOR amount of content at glacial speed, quite a bit which was dead on arrival.

Quoting myself from earlier as a response.

I think what your problem is is that rather than thinking of it as Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis, you're thinking of it as the equivalent of a PSO2 episode.

NGS is, for all intents and purposes, a new game. A new game with less than or equal to a minor content update from PSO2.

Wrong and false you clearly haven't played JP PSO2 if you truly believe that.

@Herald-of-Zenchi If I truly believe which part?

It being a new game? Fine. It's an expansion, then, akin to Burning Crusade or Heavensward. The same game, but not.

Or is it that I believe the pacing would be fine if they added more content each patch? Because I do. Add enough things to keep people people running the hamster wheel for more than a week and you've got a decent reason to have whatever pacing is put in place.

PSO2's Global update schedule didn't make nearly as much of an impact as people are claiming it did. We aren't spoiled by it. More than half of the updates were dead on arrival. Here's looking at you, ridroids. Besides, the accelerated schedule and the amount of content in NGS are two COMPLETELY different things. The complaint isn't that we want more content faster (although, of course, everyone does) but that we wanted more content in the first place instead of being handed what amounts to a limited Beta game.

You're the one sticking your fingers in your ears. Using poor excuses and defenses doesn't undermine the fact that the game came out sorely lacking. If anything, you're painting yourself as a sucker for using PSO2's history as a defense. "But PSO2 came out and only had this and that and the updates were slow and-" means it was lacking also and you put up with it rather than trying to fight to make it better than what it was/is.

@Herald-of-Zenchi If I truly believe which part?

It being a new game? Fine. It's an expansion, then, akin to Burning Crusade or Heavensward. The same game, but not.

Or is it that I believe the pacing would be fine if they added more content each patch? Because I do. Add enough things to keep people people running the hamster wheel for more than a week and you've got a decent reason to have whatever pacing is put in place.

PSO2's Global update schedule didn't make nearly as much of an impact as people are claiming it did. We aren't spoiled by it. More than half of the updates were dead on arrival. Here's looking at you, ridroids. Besides, the accelerated schedule and the amount of content in NGS are two COMPLETELY different things. The complaint isn't that we want more content faster (although, of course, everyone does) but that we wanted more content in the first place instead of being handed what amounts to a limited Beta game.

You're the one sticking your fingers in your ears. Using poor excuses and defenses doesn't undermine the fact that the game came out sorely lacking. If anything, you're painting yourself as a sucker for using PSO2's history as a defense. "But PSO2 came out and only had this and that and the updates were slow and-" means it was lacking also and you put up with it rather than trying to fight to make it better than what it was/is.

Thank you. People act as if this game was flooded with players even with the accelerated schedule. Fact of the matter is, sega's designing philosophies are inherently flawed. Everything progresses so linearly that at the end of the day, only a percentage of the content the game had to offer was relevant. The only update that was relatively live was when the game was available on steam. Other than that, it was mostly barren. NGS is looking to be even worse, which is crazy.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Why does it feel like the NGS director wants to kill the series?:

The drip-feeding approach has been out of style for half a decade (look back at everything Destiny has done and taken severe criticism for, even though any single one of their content updates have thousands of more hours worth of content then NGS launch). The pacing of this game, as well as the monetization, is modeled after generic mobile games that use popular intellectual properties to sell their product.

..You wot mate?

This thread has turned into every other one that dumps on the game

I wasn't even complaining about the game, just the director.

@Weirdo Not talking about you to clarify.

I highly doubt any director want to deliberately kill off a series

@XenoBladeX37645 said in Remove Symbol Art from NGS:

What makes a child is strictly age which you cannot determine by looking at a picture so its just what YOU perceive their age to be

I’m bringing this to every single thread where you endlessly repeat this nonsense trying to invalidate people’s grievances with this game simply by stating that we aren’t going to drop our concerns and that there are many of us. I’d get it if none of it related to the topic at hand, like if my previous post here was on the SA one, but it isn’t. Take your clown pedophile bs somewhere else please, preferably to Chris Hansen

@PBJ-Time Oh great the pedo labelers are back. It is a FACT that age determines what is a minor. Not voice, not body type, not height. AGE. And you cant rightfully tell the age of something from a photo. If me stating that fact makes me a pedo in your eyes you have much to learn. Jesus Christ.

Also Chris Hansen is in police custody

@XenoBladeX37645 back? Even on that SA thread there wasn’t a single person doing that, that I can recall. Even I myself dropped it after you made that remark instead of furthering the argument.

Stop trying to generalize things to discredit them, this isn’t 8th grade

Also, if a picture, whether drawn or not, represents the standard “of a minor” as done by normal anime, why isn’t it safe to assume they are intended to be so with this game’s SA?

And why does Chris Hansen being arrested matter? Was it for child abuse reasons? Otherwise it literally does not matter

@PBJ-Time You clearly have a hate boner for me. That much is obvious.

Again never said you cant assume, im just saying your assumptions wont always be correct.

Ill throw that back at you. Why even bring up Chris to begin with?

This thread is about the director. Get back on track

@XenoBladeX37645 I brought him up because that specific sentence was eerily similar to what people said on “To Catch A Predator”.

@PBJ-Time Again get on topic

@XenoBladeX37645 you just asked a question I responded to, that was on topic regarding the conversation we were literally just having. I explained how it related to what I said