Why does it feel like the NGS director wants to kill the series?

@Riesz said in Why does it feel like the NGS director wants to kill the series?:

@KOSMOSFAN22497 Yup Balan has a book called "Balan Wonderworld ~Maestro of Mystery, Theatre of Wonders~"

Ah cool....Okay then again maybe not.

@KOSMOSFAN22497 said in Why does it feel like the NGS director wants to kill the series?:

@Riesz said in Why does it feel like the NGS director wants to kill the series?:

@KOSMOSFAN22497 Yup Balan has a book called "Balan Wonderworld ~Maestro of Mystery, Theatre of Wonders~"

It's kinda sad, because you can see where all the lore went, it explains so much more of the game and puts everything together for it, SE really did Yuji Naka dirty with this game though, no doubt they urged him to cut some integral stuff.

@Kofi9867 said in Why does it feel like the NGS director wants to kill the series?:

@KOSMOSFAN22497 said in Why does it feel like the NGS director wants to kill the series?:

It's kinda sad, because you can see where all the lore went, it explains so much more of the game and puts everything together for it, SE really did Yuji Naka dirty with this game though, no doubt they urged him to cut some integral stuff.

How do you know it was SE?

@KOSMOSFAN22497

It's an on-going pattern with SE, especially with third party teams they pick up and expect Final Fantasy levels of production out of them, if they fail, they get the boot. Unless they're Tetsuya Nomura of course, then they throw all the money to waste, even if a game takes 12 years.

@XenoBladeX37645

Easy to explain.

Matoi stated that she does not like being who she is and that she wants to be and do stuff a real girl/woman would do instead of being Ice Gold and murder Felspawn in Cold Blood all alone and isolated. She made that pretty clear when we traveled back in time and saw her past.

That also includes getting a "husband" which is a "male". The Japanese picture of a "real woman" is still pretty much the same it always was. So Matoi is not Lesbian.

On top of that there are two ways of telling someone that you like him and both alsost sound the same. One transalted into " i like you" and the other into " i love you" and Matoi if you have the language set on Japanese uses the " i love you" one which means she wants sweet love with us and not love on a friendship basis. So Sega made it pretty clear what she wants however in a way people wouldnt directly notice and shit storm about it.

Hope that could clear up your confusion.

@Kofi9867 that doesnt show any proof of it being SE. And ofc the Nomura hate is back lol

@Gilver-Redgrave said in Why does it feel like the NGS director wants to kill the series?:

Your like-for-like argument was. 😉

Dude you literally said if Universe was remastered and released "as a full Online Game like PSO2" it'd get more accounts than its 2006-10 lifespan in one hour. Even leaving aside your idea about replacing Ethan with the player character that several people in this topic have called out for the nonsense it is, this just doesn't make sense. And even if it did, by your latest declaration that it has no relevance to New Genesis, it is entirely pointless to bring up in a discussion about New Genesis' handling.

@AiC-L said in Why does it feel like the NGS director wants to kill the series?:

Did PSU really start with an online level cap of 50? I feel like it was much lower than that.

I remembered it as 40 myself, but according to PSUPedia (now only available via Wayback Machine) and a couple of PSO-World posts like this and this it was 50.

@XenoBladeX37645 said in Why does it feel like the NGS director wants to kill the series?:

And yeah @Miraglyth the game does differentiate depending on what sex your character is

Cheers, I thought I remembered that.

@Gilver-Redgrave said in Why does it feel like the NGS director wants to kill the series?:

Matoi stated that she does not like being who she is and that she wants to be and do stuff a real girl/woman would do instead of being Ice Gold and murder Felspawn in Cold Blood all alone and isolated. She made that pretty clear when we traveled back in time and saw her past.

That also includes getting a "husband" which is a "male". The Japanese picture of a "real woman" is still pretty much the same it always was.

Alright, so you're taking an Episode 2 quote about wanting a normal life to inject your own meaning (one that might not be looked at favourably in 2020/21) of taking that to mean she specifically wants a husband, a word that I don't believe she ever uses.

I looked into it further; I was mistaken. It's not Hitsugi but Pietro who causes a gender-divergent response from Matoi, and only on JP:

081980a0-6a7c-438e-92d4-0b13fc14a598-image.png

The audio is different too. Direct video links: Male, female. The latter was subtitled but it was a few seconds ahead (see 0:49). Alternatively posts on PSO-World provide a translation too.

Point being, they had the ability to have Matoi say different things to or about the player character depending on their gender, yet in the scene where they did it they didn't make Matoi uninterested in females, and in the last cutscene of Episode 6 that you mentioned earlier they still chose to have her say the same thing to both genders in both languages.

@Miraglyth

First of all i accepted the reasoning of people not liking replacing Ethan that discussion is long over so i dont know why you burrow that out again to give your argument strengh when it has become irrelevant by now.

And second my character is female. So if you guys believe i wrote my posts from a male point of view no i didnt.

Well SEGA pushed back the mag evolution in NGS to fall and now the title system is no longer on the roadmap... https://pso2.jp/players/about/roadmap/future/

They are totally trying to kill the series.

i dont know why you burrow that out again to give your argument strengh

Which I didn't because I mentioned leaving that aside. Funny that you accuse me of using that to strengthen a point when not only was I not but that was the entirety of your response so you didn't even respond to the point I was making. TLDR for this whole sub-discussion, Universe released like PSO2 would be slower than Universe released like Universe, and if a 15 year old game that was outdated for its time was released with a F2P model and a figurative coat of wax, the only reason it'd be more popular today would be the former.

And second my character is female. So if you guys believe i wrote my posts from a male point of view no i didnt.

Another irrelevance. This sub-discussion was about your insistence that the main character must be male (one of a few points used to claim they were canonically Ash, which I'm not weighing in on) because of Matoi when nothing she says or does concludes such. Think of my corrections as a point of procedure rather than a full argument, if you will.

@Weirdo said in Why does it feel like the NGS director wants to kill the series?:

Well SEGA pushed back the mag evolution in NGS to fall and now the title system is no longer on the roadmap... https://pso2.jp/players/about/roadmap/future/

They are totally trying to kill the series.

Or maybe just maybe...theyre (hopefully) trying to fix what they have planned going forward. No company wants to kill off one of their best ips on purpose

@Miraglyth

I know that you said you leave it aside. But insted of leaving it aside you mentioned it again didnt you ? So if you didnt do that for your arguments sake why did you mention it in the first place ?

Also i did pretty much explain multiple times by now that you dont really have a point in that regard. The point i was making was that a Remaster of Universe would do better then NGS and surpass the former playerbase even tho everyone knows how flawed the game is. My whole point was that NGS currently is so bad that even the worst pile of shit game could compete with it.

After that people argued that it wont work because of this and because of that which in fact was irrelevant. There is alwayys a way or remastering a game and even turn it into a online version of itself. No matter how much BS it turns out to be more people then back then would play it and even more then NGS because the gameplay and content itself didnt change besides the MMO aspect. So in fact all the "points" you guys made make no sense.

Again:" A Remaster of Universe as a MMO would do better then before and better then NGS THAT IS THE POINT no matter how much BS is used in making that happen."

I don't understand why they would put the director who nearly killed JP PSO2 in episode as the director for their brand new game. Did they intentionally want this game to fail?

@Shiyo Seeing as they launched it as a skeleton, I'm guessing the answer to that is yes.

It's sad that Genshin Impact had more content and variation on release even if you never used the Resin system, than NGS has right now. And they would keep adding small bits of content and story within weeks sometimes, not always entire months. And their events were well actual events, not just doing what you were already doing and getting points for it.

It should never be possible to say a gacha game with co-op action rpg mechanics is better than a mmorpg which has gacha mechanics in any way, but this is the situation we're in right now.

And yes comparing this game to Genshin does make sense because you go around the map looking for resources to upgrade your gear, kill animals for food which can grant buffs, submit items to a totem thing to get upgrades to stamina (so like the region mag but permanent), fight enemies in an open world with bosses sometimes appearing, wait around to fight different bosses (but because of resin not be of things like UQs), and clear trials in a area similar to a cocoon.

So while yes both games took some mechanics from BoTW comparing Genshin and NGS is actually a perfect comparison as in many ways they're a similar kind of game.