Why does it feel like the NGS director wants to kill the series?

Everyone talking shit about the game and the devs is getting tiring.

Would you be happier if the game simply shuts down?

@Riesz said in Why does it feel like the NGS director wants to kill the series?:

@Herald-of-Zenchi said in Why does it feel like the NGS director wants to kill the series?:

We have more content than what we had in Episode 6.

I don't know why I didn't block you until now because I think we all know you're a troll by now, so I will now.

Anyway AHAHAHA that's a funny joke let's see what we got in Episode 6. Much more story (And considering how little story there was that wasn't just oh no Shiva too stronk, that's sad for NGS) Ship Infiltration, 3 Urgent Quests (one of which had 2 variations to it, and I don't mean the 4 man of TPD), a limited time quest that ran two times related to Episode 6, Divide Quests, another Depth based Ultimate quest, a new challenge mode that was much different from the other ones, a new class (which isn't really content per-say, but still), and that's only from Episode 6 we had an entire game of content from previous episodes too.

Episode 6 lasted two years and didn't release with all that content.

I made a game.

There's a ball in a box. You can move the ball around. Next month, I'll give you the option to use different colored balls.

I think in about four months, I'll give you a second box.

@Herald-of-Zenchi said in Why does it feel like the NGS director wants to kill the series?:

No it would be awful if the game shut down. Also I'm not complaining about the devs only the director.

@Weirdo said in Why does it feel like the NGS director wants to kill the series?:

No it would be awful if the game shut down. Also I'm not complaining about the devs only the director.

Yeah the director ruined EP5 because of the isekai vision but did well before it.

Also, we have a lot more content than any other Episode release.

You guys got too badly used to getting everything in two months.

@Weirdo said in Why does it feel like the NGS director wants to kill the series?:

Yeah the director ruined EP5 because of the isekai vision but did well before it.

It isn't the slow pace I'm complaining about. It is the fact that the director is still focusing on gigantix after how poorly they were received just like how he wanted episode 5 to be pure buster quests.

It isn't the slow pace I'm complaining about. It is the fact that the director is still focusing on gigantix after how poorly they were received just like how he wanted episode 5 to be pure buster quests.

What's your source to say they're focusing on gigantix?

Well that is at least what it looks like for now as they are adding a new one next patch. If it is they don't continue past that then I'll be happy. It is just that his history has me on edge a bit and little faith in him.

Well that is at least what it looks like for now as they are adding a new one next patch. If it is they don't continue past that then I'll be happy. It is just that his history has me on edge a bit and little faith in him.

Have you watched the pusonicomi episodes? In the map you can see a red coccoon looking entrance in the middle of the swamp in North Aelio. I still want to know what was that.

@Herald-of-Zenchi I'm thinking it could be one of the "defense quests" that are coming in August, maybe?

Would be nice if it could be a big dungeon. I just hope I'm wrong about him just focusing on the gigantix.

Also, we have a lot more content than any other Episode release. You guys got too badly used to getting everything in two months.

@Furious-0 said in Why does it feel like the NGS director wants to kill the series?:

@ThirdChild-ZKI said in Why does it feel like the NGS director wants to kill the series?:

But let's not be coy; anyone with an ounce of foresight saw that Global was going to be spoiled by the rather rapid content release schedule when they were playing catch-up to JP, this of course coming with the inevitable catching up to them at one point. And most - most - know that JP's content release schedules were drastically slower than Global became used to. This is hardly anything new.

This is also a tired excuse for the current state of NGS. Most of the complaints are based on the lack of content right out of the gate. It's this fact PLUS the fact that their first real content update is slated 4-6 months away that is the problem, and THEN factor in the amount of content coming with it.

The pacing would be fine if they added enough to the game to make it worth the wait. PSO2 had that problem. They came out with a minor MINOR amount of content at glacial speed, quite a bit which was dead on arrival.

Quoting myself from earlier as a response.

I think what your problem is is that rather than thinking of it as Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis, you're thinking of it as the equivalent of a PSO2 episode.

NGS is, for all intents and purposes, a new game. A new game with less than or equal to a minor content update from PSO2.

Would be nice if it could be a big dungeon. I just hope I'm wrong about him just focusing on the gigantix.

I don't think the gigantix themselves are a bad thing, but at the moment they're really poorly implemented.

But yeah, I really hope we'll get full fledged dungeons someday....

And if the big content is only Gigantix each region, I don’t see interest lasting long. 😕

This game’s in a worse state than Anthem at it’s release. Anyone going “live service” is just a flat out clown in my eyes, acting like it’s just got to be good because they’re going to update it is ridiculous. This is Sega’s first time with an open world mmo and If BioWare of any developer couldn’t get it right with EA’s money behind it what makes you think Sega’s bound to be any different?

They promised us pso2 in 2013/14 then went silent for over half a decade until Microsoft paid to bring it here. They let the Sonic games go to sh** until fans started making Mania and they surprisingly backed it (their in house game that released right after was still bad). The Sonic movie was given the okay from them in it’s original disturbing state and only got a touch up because the director actually listened to feedback. I can’t remember a single Sega game that’s lived up to being even half of what they used to do in the industry for about 2 decades (excluding pso2 which they gutted to push people towards NGS and even it wasn’t fully comparable to their quality back then then anyway). After their consoles flopped they largely stopped caring and almost seem to hold resentment for anyone who isn’t a Japanese consumer now

None of that should scream “everything’s good” to anyone.