Why does it feel like the NGS director wants to kill the series?

He decides to have a small launch and slow rollout while hyper focusing on the content that the players don't want. Is he trying to kill the series?

The goal is to sell ac scratch off tickets. Nothing else matters to them

I am pretty happy with this content the game have, I mean they still new if you compare it to old PSO2 that is 12 years of updated content in comparison to this.

Always have something to do in game, farming, hoarding, trash talking, GGX, UQ and all sort of shenanigan.

If you already rich and bored then stop playing for a while and came back later, play something else if you have the time, because I am having fun.

I'm so tired of this "no content" meme.

I'm so tired of this "live service game" "but but but PSO2 when it came out..." meme.

@Furious-0 said in Why does it feel like the NGS director wants to kill the series?:

I'm so tired of this "live service game" "but but but PSO2 when it came out..." meme.

Don't get me wrong I love the game. I have been playing non-stop since release. I'm just worried about how the rest of playerbase feels.

Wait for the next big update and see how good or bad it is. If it's good or at least not as bad, then maybe they can turn this around. If it's as bad or even worse, then the answer is probably yes. Even then one would think they'd get fired before they can achieve their goal.

We have more content than what we had in Episode 6.

@Furious-0 said in Why does it feel like the NGS director wants to kill the series?:

And yet it went on to be an 8, going on 9 year success, and even in a new region late into those 8 years, despite controversial localization differences and a really terrible launch. . . So they must be doing something right through all that.

Not trying to defend that NGS is a bit light on its initial offerings, but looking at where PSO2 started and where it ended up, I'm willing to be patient with a restarting point. I would suggest others do the same.

I hope everyone complaining about lack of content already has a full +40 unit set of each attack type and same for the weapons.

@Herald-of-Zenchi that makes no sense.

Grant Armor sells for around 10K meseta and provides all attack bonus.

People should only have grinded the classes they wanna play. Grinding stuff players have no desire to play isn't a good "content" argument. If we do include that as a content argument, then even every other live service game with multiple classes still outshine NGS in the "launch content" department.

Grinding materials for future updates months away without any knowledge of what materials will be useful for that content isn't a good example of "content", either. A better argument could be made of the available space was already effectively used in ways that stimulated a player's desire to engage with it. Even though Outriders was ranks high in the "scummy" department for their actual launch, their demo's "content" could rival the current state of NGS' "content".

Though I will say these threads are redundant. Seems more like people finding an excuse to add posts to their account history/have the same arguments across multiple threads.

(For those annoyed by this, that is basically how players who say there is no content feel about the game. Doing the exact same thing in different places for essentially no reason other than for the sake of doing it)

I was just wondering why he focuses on making content that players complain about. I mean he was the one that wanted to make episode 5 pure buster quests.

@ThirdChild-ZKI said in Why does it feel like the NGS director wants to kill the series?:

And yet it went on to be an 8, going on 9 year success, and even in a new region late into those 8 years, despite controversial localization differences and a really terrible launch. . . So they must be doing something right through all that.

Not trying to defend that NGS is a bit light on its initial offerings, but looking at where PSO2 started and where it ended up, I'm willing to be patient with a restarting point. I would suggest others do the same.

PSO2 was practically dead for the vast majority of its life cycle in JP. What are u saying?

@SalutexMO define "practically dead" and "majority of its life cycle". Fact is, PSO2 remained one of the more profitable ventures that SEGA had throughout its ~9 years life time. https://mmos.com/news/phantasy-star-online-2-remains-huge-moneymaker-sega

While the player count may have dropped compared to its peak, but there was no problem finding group to do contents like Urgents/Emergencies and never did or need any server/ship merges.