Red box farming, premium shops, inflation, oh my!

So if red box farming is a thing, shops are limited to premium players, the price on any and everything worthwhile is going to skyrocket.

Where does that leave the F2P players?

Do I spend my game time mindlessly grinding in hopes for a decent Fixa weapon and the meseta that comes with doing so?

Do I spend my time farming gigas in the hopes that I will eventually scrounge up enough capsules to affix a single item, since buying what I need would set me back all of my limited money?

What a task.

Anyone abusing the game mechanics with multiple accounts will eventually be banned, this has happened on JP several times, where Global stands is anyone's guess.

Whilst I understand your issue in regards to the Shop, I don't think it's reasonable to expect that it be free, the game needs an income of some form and we never had such things back on PSO, we'd grind for whatever it was we wanted unless we were lucky enough to trade with somebody (a different topic altogether).

Of course, we're at the beginning of NGS, I don't think it's worth worrying about a 4 ★ with some nice preset ability, especially since we're only just getting our first elemental weapons and we have another 11 tiers of rarity to go through before we reach the pinnacle, the difference at present is negligible and bragging rights at best.

I've played JP since the beginning and much of my support came in the form of physical products that SEGA would sell, occasionally I'd sell bonus items that were included on the Shop using the Premium tickets that were included in the PC, PS4 & PS Vita Deluxe Packages.

Whilst physical merch for us may be a ways off, if we ever get any at all you could just purchase a Shop Pass or Premium once every now and again, just skip that takeaway next Saturday night and instead put it towards a 'One in a blue moon PSO2 fund' of some kind, it's not impossible nor even unreasonable to suggest as opposed to never spending a single penny.

I really do understand but I think it's unfair to expect that such features be available free of charge when the development costs for a game of this scale are enormous.

You can always ensure you do all your Daily, Weekly & Limited Tasks, along with picking up all Red Containers, Gold Containers, Alpha Reactors and plenty of other items, picking up Alpha Reactors regularly can net you a fairly decent amount of Meseta over time if you're not upgrading your gear every single time a new weapon comes out, which is pointless until we get some real content to push us combat wise.

@JoycieC said in Red box farming, premium shops, inflation, oh my!:

Whilst I understand your issue in regards to the Shop, I don't think it's reasonable to expect that it be free, the game needs an income of some form and we never had such things back on PSO, we'd grind for whatever it was we wanted unless we were lucky enough to trade with somebody (a different topic altogether). Of course, we're at the beginning of NGS, I don't think it's worth worrying about a 4 ★ with some nice preset ability, especially since we're only just getting our first elemental weapons and we have another 11 tiers of rarity to go through before we reach the pinnacle, the difference at present is negligible and bragging rights at best. I've played JP since the beginning and much of my support came in the form of physical products that SEGA would sell, occasionally I'd sell bonus items that were included on the Shop using the Premium tickets that were included in the PC, PS4 & PS Vita Deluxe Packages. Whilst physical merch for us may be a ways off, if we ever get any at all you could just purchase a Shop Pass or Premium once every now and again, just skip that takeaway next Saturday night and instead put it towards a 'One in a blue moon PSO2 fund' of some kind, it's not impossible nor even unreasonable to suggest as opposed to never spending a single penny. I really do understand but I think it's unfair to expect that such features be available free of charge when the development costs for a game of this scale are enormous. You can always ensure you do all your Daily, Weekly & Limited Tasks, along with picking up all Red Containers, Gold Containers, Alpha Reactors and plenty of other items, picking up Alpha Reactors regularly can net you a fairly decent amount of Meseta over time if you're not upgrading your gear every single time a new weapon comes out, which is pointless until we get some real content to push us combat wise.

Having F2P players be unable to use the market lowers the number of items that can be put up for sale and artifically inflates the value of some items (like op weapons) while devaluing the price of others (mainly scratch items). Sega can already make a ton of money off of scratch items. I mean they are even releasing updated old content and selling it where other mmos just already update everything graphically. Games been out for less than a month and we already got 4 scratch tickets plus another one coming out in a few days.

The real problem isn't about them making money its that they have no content worth buying premium atm aside for the shop. They released new genesis way too early imo Just look at how buggy the shop is. You can't search properly for half the stuff and the new scratch ticket items can't be searched for individually. You just gotta scroll through dozens of pages and hope you didn't miss one and over pay.

I think the game should have more way spending Meseta inflation always happen because one person have too much and others have way less so just make everyone have less, by giving a way to spend for feature like better food buff, better quarter if it is planned? In game item shop should be utilized like the game item shop basically have nothing of interest they sell trash. 50k ? Meseta for 2% rare drop maybe? 100 k for 5% ?

Rare isn't rare without fixa anyway

@JoycieC said in Red box farming, premium shops, inflation, oh my!:

Whilst I understand your issue in regards to the Shop, I don't think it's reasonable to expect that it be free, the game needs an income of some form

Scratch tickets.

Duh?

People create free accounts. Bots farm red boxes at least 3 times per day per account = 1.1m (in 2hrs). These accounts buy overpriced stuff that a mule account put onto the market place. The mule can transfer it to people who bought from RMT. No mechanics Sega has in place do anything against bots/RMT effectively. It has been this way since pso2 release in NA. They need to ban people who buy from RMT, but they lack the manpower and or competence. This will never ever change, Inflation is on the way.