Where did the toxic people come from?

@Viola-Lance ohh really? When people already said that they hunt GGX? And they ask kindly to not get close? They just replied haha my games my rules STFU like they are entitled to it?

If they on and about doing their business, mining, collecting fruit or veggies, then we have no problem the problem is when they leech and there is a lot doing that.

Maybe when I encounter such entitled individual I should screenshot?

I am no karen that get mad for no reason, that is a fact for global server, that is why some people organizing groups with BP requirement lately.

It's natural for people being new and poor to have shitty gear, being level 20 they at least have the bare minimum requirement they working for it and should be allowed to hunt.

20 - 30 dmg is better than 1-10 still an upgrade, if it still fail then so be it everyone doing the best they can, they meet minimum requirement, they fight for it, they are doing the best within their capacity and capability.

@Virsia said in Where did the toxic people come from?:

@Viola-Lance ohh really? When people already said that they hunt GGX? And they ask kindly to not get close? They just replied haha my games my rules STFU like they are entitled to it?

See, here is the thing. It is clearly obvious that if asked nicely more then once/twice and said low level continues with said actions they are probably a troll and should be blocked, and reported as such since they are focusing on actions to grieve others around them, but there are those (like my self who keep chat down during fights - wandering eye gets me many of dirt naps.) So whispers help since it forces the chat to appear and draw attention - and if a retort or no response happens then you know what must be done.

If they on and about doing their business, mining, collecting fruit or veggies, then we have no problem the problem is when they leech and there is a lot doing that.

Leeching isn't just a low level activity though. Plenty, if not more level 20s want the loot from Gs and what better why is there then just sit near, run around from lasers and not contribute. You suggesting this never happens at all and only low levels can only be leeches which is a rather odd ideology to suggest.

It's natural for people being new and poor to have shitty gear, being level 20 they at least have the bare minimum requirement they working for it and should be allowed to hunt.

True, but as well, Labs and Forest drop 4 stars often during PSE climaxes and not hard to burn through a couple of those to get some moderate upgraded gear and weapons with a nice collection of affix and upgrade fodder to do 50-75 to even 100+ damage out the gate and be ready for the next storm and spawn. Just cause you hit level 20 doesn't mean you are technically ready for Gs. It is that whole, just because you can doesn't mean you should aspect.

I am no karen that get mad for no reason, that is a fact for global server, that is why some people organizing groups with BP requirement lately.

Not saying you are, but your weird obsession with low levels are only leeches is well, if the shoe fits type of deal, I suggest probably better wording would save you the headache from explaining over and over and someone trying to use that as a retort against you.

As well, I mean, the game hasn't been out all that long, and level 1 wasn't really all that long ago... so... and being level 20 isn't all that much of a feat, and many are already capping off all classes at 20 now so... yeah better wording is my vote, cause not all low levels are leeches and not all 20s are decent.

Maybe when I encounter such entitled individual I should screenshot?

Not saying how you should or shouldn't, but I am not against name and shaming, though it is against the forum rules here, but there are other areas that would allow such things to point out who is a troll in your ships/blocks - often goes by what the aviary species makes as a sound.

I like the idea of Phasing people in and out of the encounter. (Admittedly I think it would look hilarious if a bystander saw a level 20 get flung through the air or suddenly died.) Though I know many comparisons have already been made at this point, I think another decent system they could mimic or gather ideas from would be the way Bozja/Zadnor works in FF14. The rooms are already the different instances of the map, for example. Trials are basically fates that anyone can do. So then they could have Gigantix spawn as a Critical Engagement. The system would call for engagement counter, which would solve the issue of people standing around waiting for nothing (Not that I personally have experienced this particular problem.) Would offer more meaningful reason to do the scarce content that is available. Perform trials to unlock Crit Engagements. Upon which the map would start to rain, and a barrier would be set up to prevent access to the battle location. Ff14 has you access this space via a menu, pso2 could incorporate it's UQ system to teleport people into the space. (Or could simply require a level 20 check to pass through the barrier in the same way the combat zones locked out players before they has the prerequisite BP. This would also allow lower players to stand on the outside of the barrier and watch the fight to learn without being a liability, while simultaneously keeping them from trying to leech/scaling the boss. Would remove the reason to be toxic. And because they are utilizing the system this way, they could enforce a hard timer to clear the fight. IN addition to this, i get the time limit is the way of making the fight difficult (Aside from just one shoting half the people fighting), but if it's still alive and engaged when the rain ends, it could just gain a buff of some kind. Haste buff, defense buff, attack buff. Basically a soft enrage, where either it's going to wipe the group or the high skill players can continue the fight. This system as a whole would resolve a lot of the gripes with it, i feel. Respecting player time, decreasing toxicity from both sides of the field here, allowing for a more controlled manner of engagement. Giving active engagement in the games systems. Giving an indicator that a GGX will spawn soon. About the only thing it wouldn't solve is a way to have a primarily filled room with only level 20s, but it would pave the way for level 20s to be in the field doing something and spawning GGXs allowing for the likelihood that a room that wants to GGX will be level 20s running around doing trials as opposed to standing around and lower players farming. Additionally, as a means to an end, lower levels doing trials could add to the ggx spawn count meaning lazy level 20s would benefit having them around, and if the fight was won, any player that was in the trial that spawned the ggx could get an a single item from the fight. (An extra item for the level 20s fighting the ggx).

There are so many examples of working and well received systems out there. The game is new and I understand they have a vision for the game, but that's exactly why they should be experimenting right now.

When you add multiplayer into any game, "toxicity" and leeching ensues. Always and forever. Leeching happens regardless of what the thing is and "toxicity" gets exacerbated depending on how (supposedly) difficult the thing is and how desirable the rewards are. Gigantix is the latter, so the fact that both things happen was predetermined. I'm sure no game developer can have any delusions that it wouldn't at this point, unless they live under a rock, so...maybe they encourage that kind of behaviour? Who knows.

The only toxic players are those who keep leeching Gigas after being explained why they should stop.

@FoolsArcana said in Where did the toxic people come from?:

(Admittedly I think it would look hilarious if a bystander saw a level 20 get flung through the air or suddenly died.)

I once took screenshots in the lake and went AFK for a moment on an empty block room.

Then the thunderstorm returned, and I came back to the keyboard with a dead character and the stomping of a Giga in the background.

So yeah, it can occur by happenstance.

The only times I went to Giga under leveled was to gauge the difference in DPS.

A 100-200 damage turns into about 60 and a 30 damage turns into 10. So your DPS gets cut from either half to 1/4's.

Intended mechanics or not, the Zone 1 spawn is extremely crippling when other players just want to play the game instead of raid.

1F83C145-F4C7-42CC-9705-CDDFF752F365.jpeg

I’ve already seen so many memes about this so far. XD

The issue is there IS NO community for NGS, so there’s no etiquette when it comes to any of this. It’s sad to se that Sega would put an endgame boss right in the middle of a new player zone, cuz it’s brought out the worst in ppl.

The developers are just as responsible for causing this air of negativity, and pushing endgame enemies out of new player areas seems to be the only way to quell this. 😕

Yep. I've only seen maybe two players go "lol, no" when they were told to leave because of their DPS being so low because of the level cripple.

Mine when dropped was slightly higher than the group's since I used my Force abilities to do 60 while there were players hitting 10s.

I don't remember their levels, but someone said 16 while I had 19 as Force main.

Elemental weakness is key to the Giga raid, but a lot of players were just using ranged.

And again, this isn't an "endgame" boss, it's more of something the devs can gather data from while the community gets prizes.

So no need for aneurisms or yelling at other players who came to gather at the wrong time of day at the right weather period.

@Viola-Lance I am not having issue with lower level or people having bad gear, it's their character after all we all been there having stupid gear, grinding for stuff to upgrade, it just like I said before I am having problem with special stubborn individual that keep doing despite being told nicely to get bare minimum requirement, getting level 20 is not hard then we can talk about get your gear upgraded, the thing is you need to at least eligible for it.

Just like driving licence minimum requirement is 17 my standard for gigantix is level, I don't care about people gear or BP, it will improve overtime.

Beside unless you are mental or insane you want to have best gear, it's natural that people want to upgrade their equipment.

@MasterDarkwingz that is why lately I just hunt varas, other gigantix have higher difficulty.

I never hunt Central for gigantix because that is where new player hunt and do quest can't really blame them for spawning there it's their hunting ground after all.

For the case of Central aelio I personally think lvl 20 always in the wrong for hunting gigantix there.

The different gigantix have different weapon drops so the people looking for Nogleth's drops have to hunt in Central Aileo.

@Weirdo isn't the drop is not exclusive to nog? I heard Uruq also drop rod if you wanted that? What drop exclusive to Nogleth?

Not sure

@Mizutama said in Where did the toxic people come from?:

I already have a class that's level 20 that I use for Gigantix (which isn't often), I'm just trying to mine minerals, do dailies and junk. Not like I'd really want to pitch in with people being like this. They're legit telling people who are in the area at all to get lost even if they want nothing to do with Gigantix.

If that's the case, if you kindly disengage, Gigantix's HP will be scaled back down.

Personally I won't mind as much, if the fight just prolongs. However, having too many players not contributing enough for the fight, it will end up being a failed run, and that's why people are "toxic" about it.

Well i never had the global chat active to begin with so even if someone is toxic towards me i wouldnt know and i wouldnt care. I do my dailys and when a Gigantix appears there then thats not my problem. Somehow Sega needs to see that the implementation of Gigantix does not work the way it currently is.

So you shouldnt be toxic towards those so called "stubborn" people but towards Sega for implementing something without testing how it will function. I know there was a beta but be honest with yourself:" Who of you did report the Gigantix system for not being viable while playing the beta ?" I know i did because it was obvious.

So blame the bad Beta testers and the people at Sega and dont grind your teeth towards people that dont wanna have anything to do with it.