Where did the toxic people come from?

Ever since the Gigantix appeared, the game has been flooded with toxic people who will harass you at any chance they get if your class isn't at max level. I've never seen so much salt in PSO2 until now and it's making it to the point where I have more fun reporting the meseta bots than I do actually playing the game. If I wanted to be harassed and be gatekept by other players I'd play Destiny 2 or World of Warcraft, I'm just here to have fun for crying out loud.

Due to how the level system works, not being 20 means you are under level difference penalty and becomes a liability for gigantix hunts.

Lv19 character will be penalized to have less than 60% of their normal DPS output, Lv18 puts you under 50%, and it gets worse as you go lower level. Because gigantix scales with the number of players around, under 20 characters are making the fight needlessly harder.

I already have a class that's level 20 that I use for Gigantix (which isn't often), I'm just trying to mine minerals, do dailies and junk. Not like I'd really want to pitch in with people being like this. They're legit telling people who are in the area at all to get lost even if they want nothing to do with Gigantix.

They were always here, Sega just flipped the switch on giving a reason to be that way.

PSO2 and NGS so far is by far a very casual game that you can get by doing things alone or matchmake for the largest part, then they introduced something that scales based on amount of players fighting it and if they are under 5 levels they do squat for damage with no way of making your own private instance... so you get this ugly scenario where players want to actively shoo those not at 20. If people are shooing away those just in the room and not fighting the thing though they are either misinformed or just want to take no chances.

Sadly it is a two way street on this for Gigantixs. Seen more then enough low levels claiming "just trying to help" and try to train mobs towards the gigantix, or they spamming invites to solo 20s while flooding "lolololol" in chat and refusing to leave the boss alone when asked or explained nicely.

As well seen multiple level 20s use the excuse to harass level 19s and lower who are just simply out and about doing their tasks and the weather changes, having no interest in the boss suddenly get flamed, mocked and ridiculed for just being in the area despite not actually being near the boss remotely to effect it's HP.

So... just make them a phase for the Gigantixs encounters and can only been seen after you meet said requirements.

Honestly I feel like we would probably get lockable instances more likely if anything. It'd be more useful, at least I think it would be.

If anything maybe lockable instances are in their plans that would make this tolerable and keep whatever aspect of scaring the low level farming players they want to do with the Gigantix, as I mean they seem to have the same sort of appeal as big high level monki in Xenoblade lower level zones and such.

Would not be surprised at all if they were designed with lockable instances in mind as how they would expect players to group up to hunt them deliberately but since this is an early access live service game a planned feature not being in yet to facilitate another is no surprise.

@Mizutama said in Where did the toxic people come from?:

Honestly I feel like we would probably get lockable instances more likely if anything. It'd be more useful, at least I think it would be.

I think alot of people would agree, but we don't have it - so you have people getting toxic over it.

@Mizutama said in Where did the toxic people come from?:

Eh, how the world operates in NGS, an instanced lock area for these would create more issues and often would lead to random loading screens - which already are a pain just logging in. Why I mentioned a Phase. They are simpler and easier to control (long as they don't try to make everything phased) and based on how the big three use Phasing, it culls unnecessary troubles for key events from those not ready to encounter said content.

It allows two groups to occupy the same space without interfering with each other and technically both groups wouldn't know they are there in the same spot until said event is over; either battle is won or weather ends / despawns and the current area phases in both groups together without a single load screen.

@Viola-Lance I'm pretty used to using the Ryuker device to hop around and find rooms that is more fitting for what I want to do. And it is a system that already exists and they just need to add requirements to enter certain rooms.

How would Phasing work exactly? I assume people would want to set flags themselves some how rather than just meet requirement (Lv20) or not. I would hate to be phased in gigantix fight while I'm just hunting dreads with non-20 friends. This would be a new system they need to come up with.

@HarmlessSyan said in Where did the toxic people come from?:

@Viola-Lance I'm pretty used to using the Ryuker device to hop around and find rooms that is more fitting for what I want to do. And it is a system that already exists and they just need to add requirements to enter certain rooms.

How would Phasing work exactly? I assume people would want to set flags themselves some how rather than just meet requirement (Lv20) or not. I would hate to be phased in gigantix fight while I'm just hunting dreads with non-20 friends. This would be a new system they need to come up with.

Phasing is set up as a prerequisite of the event. Normally using NGS for example would read in python like:

[# class member variables - shared by all requisite equal to / greater than : level 20 (primary only) shared by all objects

Classes = [Hunter, Fighter, Gunner, Ranger, Force, Techter]

Levels = [20, 21, 22, 23,24... etc]

def __ init (self, phased in / out);

_init_phase_ will run when ever weather changes for required encounter; mobs - Gigantics - (named)

i.e: Gigantix () is executed

phase in 2 (two) parameters - level 20 [twenty] (any classes primary level twenty : 20 to ninety : 90)

self phase - giving location ability to relocate level nineteen : 19 to level one : 1 in same phase in method of false variable

[# set variable = false

def __ init (self, phased in / out);

_init_phase_ levels nineteen : 19 to level one : one encounter = normal; Giantixs = Mob = false; all environmental phase normal. 

-- This being basic of basics, would just be anyone level 20 or higher would be able to see and encounter the gigantix, while level 19 or under would remain unaffected of encounter until they hit level 20 - which would phase them into the encounter if they happen to be in the area. All with out an instanced region or load screen - even if grouped together the 20 would be phased from the lower levels than them but still able to communicate as a group - the lower levels would see said 20's health, but not do anything to assist or partake until the encounter is finished.

So the issue with dreads / veteran mobs is more of a spawn issue if they appear along with gigantixs - initially the bigger of threats should hold over the lesser, but as well a toggle can easily be included the party/group menu to allow party members to stay phased together with the lowest level member while on hunt for dreads and not be randomly phased out when a Giga appears.

phasing seems like a preety good idea, but they could also add a rank 2 to the exploration zones and i think they are going to add rank 3 along with lvl 35 cap with lvl 30 enemies with gigantix being increased to lvl 39, if they also added higher rdr on some of the affix's in a higher rank zones they can also increase the vet boss's levels at the same time in said zones adding ranks like in combat ones.

adding a rank 2 to exploration zones would mean as of now the normals can be 15 and vets lvl 20, making the content a little mor fun and increasing xp rates in said zones and bringing more people out of combat sectors. this can be sustained through till the end of all content as all rank increase would be normals = max level -5, vets = max level and gigas max lvl +4

Edit : if you want a bp value on a rank 2 exploration zone, since vets are lvl 20 i would put it at around 1250-1280 (early lvl 20 gear)

@Mizutama what do you mean toxic? The toxic one is low level that hunt something above their capabilities, boss scale on how many player fighting it so, if someone being salty it's because you only deal lousy amount of damage while being carried by someone else, okay it just one person? No it is not okay with any number.

Being level 20 make you decent unlike being lower level you doesn't have an impact other than making life difficult for others.

You basically leeching, nobody going to nag you if you at least be decent, in JP we don't have this problem because they are aware they didn't make life difficult for others, if you are level 20 even if you still using gold prim sword you will be tolerated to be around. Even if you died in one hit it's still okay.

@Virsia said in Where did the toxic people come from?:

@Mizutama what do you mean toxic? The toxic one is low level that hunt something above their capabilities, boss scale on how many player fighting it so, if someone being salty it's because you only deal lousy amount of damage while being carried by someone else, okay it just one person? No it is not okay with any number.

So to your logic, a low level is running daily tasks in their appropriate area, let us say, West A. and was there before you / group showed up and weather changes and a Gigantix spawns on them, even if they, the low level doesn't engage and moves away while trying to complete their tasks, you are considering them toxic cause; despite them begin in the area first, are in deed low level, which allows you and other like minded the right to berate and belittle said low level - despite them not being involved.

Being level 20 make you decent unlike being lower level you doesn't have an impact other than making life difficult for others.

Very false. Being level 20 (or max level or all levels currently capped) doesn't automatically make a person inherently decent. Plenty of level 20 leeches running about doing barely the minimal effort to zero effort - as well as plenty who fumble over their own basic rotations in basic combat let alone worth their weight in salt during said combat and not having appropriate armor or gear leveled and affix.

You basically leeching, nobody going to nag you if you at least be decent, in JP we don't have this problem because they are aware they didn't make life difficult for others, if you are level 20 even if you still using gold prim sword you will be tolerated to be around. Even if you died in one hit it's still okay.

They can't be leeching to your logic since if they are level 20 they are "decent" and only low levels are, and the only impact at all cause no level 20 to you can do anything other than not making life difficult - wonder how nice it must be as to not level once and just automatically be level 20. Must be a JPN thing to get instant level 20s and not have to level... wait, wait, I've seen more JPN memes of players mocking level 19s versus global's complaints on level 19s or lower just being in the same zone.

It isn't a one way street. A level 20 with gold prim sword is just as much as a troll as a level 10 dicking around and fighting the gigantixs for the luls. A level 11 running past not engaging to gather materials or a chest is just that, they are running past (foolish? yes, but nothing to worry about) and least of your worries if you are allowing multiple Level 20s only using Gold Prim Swords in your group fighting Gigantixs.

Yes there are plenty of players who are low level / switch to low level classes just to troll groups fighting said mobs, as well there are plenty like you who feel entitled to believe that all level 20s are the holy grail graces of all players and anyone not 20, must not be tolerated and treat anyone not level 20 near you and your lot like scum. Luckily, both groups are minor, they just happen to be the loudest / deafening actions out of everyone.

I have this feeling you spam nearby characters just to target any low levels in the same region just to harass them despite them not being near you or your group of decent gold prim sword 20s. Could be wrong, who knows, but, it is probably most likely since anyone to you not inherently level 20 is automatically toxic.

Seen people complain about users with lower gear, when in reality the weather timer is still pretty bunk for a full room BP requirement run.

I remember when it became a running gag here on the forums where I'd update (complain mostly) my progress with my garbage tier gear. lol

I still have garbage tier gear as I grind for gold/silver primm player shop fodder and fixas.