Lobby Lag in crowded blocks for EQs is unacceptable

I understand that there is fps drop from various things in the lobby in all versions of pso2 when they're crowded, but on old Xbox One consoles it's very, very slow to the point that there's less than a frame per second at times and loading into the lobby itself takes perhaps even 2 minutes+. This is really bad and while I expect it's probably a difficult thing to solve, this is legitimately not great, especially when the game is already not running at native resolution much of the time.

Are you using a standard Xbox One or Xbox One S? If so, this won't change I'm afraid.

Launch Xbone. However this doesn't really make a difference. I ran this on Vita when that was going and that never had anywhere near the extent of these frame drops in the same situation, even overseas. Surely a full home console should perform better, would you not agree?

The Vita version was specifically made for the vita, as it has a lower screen size, etc. (so you can't tell that it has lower resolutions/etc. on certain things.) In addition, the vita is basically just a PS3 in disguise, which has less power than even the lower performing Xbox One S.

Oh and, I should mention, the Vita version is restricted in what blocks it can join, because on the vita version, when a vita player initiates a mission, the mission spawns less enemies than a normal client does.

The vita version is also being shut down / ending support for PSO2 soon.

@coldreactive said in Lobby Lag in crowded blocks for EQs is unacceptable:

The Vita version was specifically made for the vita, as it has a lower screen size, etc. (so you can't tell that it has lower resolutions/etc. on certain things.) In addition, the vita is basically just a PS3 in disguise, which has less power than even the lower performing Xbox One S.

Oh and, I should mention, the Vita version is restricted in what blocks it can join, because on the vita version, when a vita player initiates a mission, the mission spawns less enemies than a normal client does.

The vita version is also being shut down / ending support for PSO2 soon.

Okay, so you're proving my point? I argued that as the Xbox One is more powerful, it should perform better. This version was, after all, specfically made for the Xbox One and packs in variable resolution which should make it theoretically more performant than simply a static resolution when necessary.

@Shadowth117 Have you tried adjusting "Max Detailed Model Display" setting in Graphics Display Quality settings? Or adjusting (basically lowering) other graphical option settings. Unfortunately I can't tell from my experience how these settings affect in really crowded lobby, since I usually run into Gateway ship to avoid the crowd when I wait for UQs 😁